Start by marking “Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 2” as Want to Read:
Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 2

Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 2

(Chi's Sweet Home / チーズスイートホーム #2)

In the second volume of Chi's Sweet Home, Chi's new world slowly begins to grow.  As Yohei Yamada grows up it is rapidly becoming apparent to his parents that Chi grows up twice as fast! Now moving into the feline version of the terrible twos, Chi's increasingly curious and independent behavoir begins to wear on each member of the Yamada household.  Mom's flowers are being ...more
Published August 24th 2010 by Vertical (first published August 23rd 2005)

Nickyjen
Sep 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Just adorable! I highly recommend you reading it while you're waiting at the doctor or somewhere else.
Because it's fast paced and also super cute.
Oh and don't try to read everything they say or Chi says, it's kind of a baby language and I can't stand it at all so I just looked at the images :)
I love the drawings, they're so colourful and fun.
Gretel
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
The best thing to read when you're having a fever is something funny and nice to distract yourself while not being too difficult to absorb. Chi's perfect for that. Still a very cute manga. I was reading it while my boy cat was laying right next to me sleeping.
I prefer dogs but I have to begrudgingly admit that cats can be cool, too. ;P
Nicola Mansfield
Aug 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
June 2011:

An adorable series! And another adorable entry. I didn't find volume 2 quite as hilarious as the first but it was still funny and just as cute. Cute little chapters in which the family is getting used to raising a pet and other's where Chi is exploring and learning about life. He no longer misses his mother and siblings but he does have a couple of flashbacks of things that remind him of that comforting time. While there is no real overarching plot to this volume there is the hanging
Kate
Sep 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-comic
Chi's Sweet Home Vol 1- 5 by Kanata Konami.
Children's Comic

Chi is a mischievous newborn kitten who, while on a leisurely stroll with her family, finds herself lost. Separated from the warmth and protection of her mother, feels distraught. Overcome with loneliness she breaks into tears in a large urban park meadow., when she is suddenly rescued by a young boy named Yohei and his mother. The kitty is then quickly and quietly whisked away into the warm and inviting Yamada family apartment...where p
Sara
Sep 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
There's a big scary black cat, Chi doesn't want to go to the vet again, and more. Kanata Konami must literally spend her entire life sitting and staring at cats when she's not drawing/writing, because this is probably the most accurate portrayal of kitten-ness I've ever seen. More more more!
Erin L
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
These books are fun little breaks from heavier reading. Read it in one evening after listening to an audiobook about rabies.

It made me laugh out loud and wish I had cats again.
Shannon Kay
Oct 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga-read
Enjoyed the comics between Chi and the older cat teaching her! Too cute!
Mackenzie
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love reading about this cute little kitten and its human family :)
Very adorable!
Claudia
Apr 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thought this book was really cute and adorable. This book is also relatable because when Chi met a big black cat he just came and strolled in her neighborhood and Chi was trying to chase him away herself. I thought that the pictures are so detailed and it was great how it was drawn. Chi's expressions were just soooo cute and I couldn't stop myself from saying "awwwwwe" every time I saw Chi's cute expressions and cute ways of doing things.
Shelley
May 05, 2015 rated it really liked it

Summary:
Chi is at it again, having adventures and getting into trouble! In this volume we see Chi becoming more comfortable with her human companions. But what will Chi do when a new cat comes into the apartment complex? Everyone's attention is on this new big and tough looking gray cat who has damaged property and is stealing fish. As Chi tries to defend her home from this intruder, she will soon find out whether this other feline is friend or foe.

My thoughts:
Just like the first volume, this
Katie
Oct 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
This darling manga is currently my go-to brain cleaner. A book disappoints you? Humanity disgusts you? Behold the kitten of unlimited expressions and watch your worries fade away. (Tell me Chi's gustatory encounter with a head of lettuce doesn't melt your heart, and I say you have no heart!)

In volume 2 Chi tries new food and endures fresh trauma at the bathtub and the vet. Her feline attitude is developing nicely, the way she alternately vies for attention from the Yamadas or gives them the cold
Amy
May 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Amy by: Pam
Ok, first off, *I* would not consider Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 2 to be a five star book. It's cute, but I liked Volume 1 better. I didn't think that this one was as touching, funny, or sweet as the first volume. On the other hand, it was good to see Chi's world expand here, and there was a slight reduction in Chi's "baby talk," which I did appreciate!

My eight year old niece thought that this volume was funnier than the first, however, and at several points she was laughing out loud. The five sta
Jen
This edition continues the story of Chi and the Yamada family. While Chi is trying to learn to be a cat, the Yamadas continue to hide Chi from the super as they are not allowed to have pets. When word of cat being seen in the apartments the Yamadas have a panic as they think people are talking about Chi. Fortunately they are talking about a stray black cat and likes to steal food, including Chi's!! While the black cat is annoying it also teaches Chi a few things about being a real cat and not a ...more
Tara
Aug 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Not as good as Volume 1
Melanie
Mar 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Just as cute as the first book in the series, Chi's Sweet Home Volume 2 left me wanting to adopt a kitten. Honestly. Can't wait to read Volume 3.
Penny
Dec 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Super cute :)
Sara
Jul 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: humor, manga, japan, cultural
Even cuter and funnier than the first volume. There's more of that vet humor action, and Chi has a big, scary cat invade his house but he sort of ends up being Chi's mentor in The Way of the Cat.
Kricket
Nov 15, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012, manga, kitties
more adorable cartoon cats talking in weird voices.
Ang
Sep 14, 2017 rated it liked it
In Volume 2, Chi is starting to grow up a little and explore! She's getting away from kitten milk and starting to eat kitty kibble, she's also exploring other things to eat and not eat. She still really hates and fears water and baths. She also encountered the large black cat that's been terrorizing the neighborhood that Chi and the Yamada's live in. At first Chi was scared of the large black cat, but after awhile she started to follow him and talk to him. The large black cat told Chi she was a ...more
Honesty
For most manga, the second volume is where the wheels come off, usually because of nudity and/or awkward bathtub scenes. (Honestly, is that a thing in manga?) While this story has a chapter taking place in a bathtub, it is a tastefully rendered childhood scene involving a kitten's mishap with floaty toys.

Unlike most manga, Chi's Sweet Home is both squeaky-clean and super-cute. It just seems to get better with each installment.
Roberta Decenzo
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful light read. Konami Kanata really captures the true personality of cats in the character of Chi. I really enjoyed the novel but felt sad at how Chi seems to be growing up and getting a little “bit for her britches” (in an endearing way) in her new home. 😭 Chi is still the adorable little kitten we know though from volume 1. Full of laughs and adorable adventures. I’m hooked. Can’t wait to continue reading in volume 3!
Amanda
Just a head's up for some caregiver's out there: the Dad uses the word "pissed" on p. 92 in the 2016 edition, which may or may not be a problem for you. *sigh*

Love the new cast of characters! The intrigue grows--will Chi be reunited with her family? Is the new kitty at the Park, Chi's brother? Duh duh dum....
Monique
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you want just something cute to read this series is it. The art is amazing and its just fun to follow a kitten around learning the world. I also laughed hard at the very end with the special chapter of Meet FukuFuku, the description and drawing is exactly like my current cat Jasmine.
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library-books, manga
So cute!!!!! I love how Chi seems to always fall asleep with Daddy around. Ahhh, so accurate for kitty life!!
Jaylie
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cats
Halee Rhoades
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
this book is adorable and funny at the same time. I really like it and i hope the rest are great too!! i hope other people enjoy this book as much as i did.
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: people of all ages
I just read this twice to a two-year old because they were so enchanted they wouldn't let me stop. It's that good.
Gabby
Mar 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: library
Rating: 3.5

Another easy and cute read. Finished it in a day. These are nice reads to read between heavier books and Chi always makes you feel better.
Bléu
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute...🐱
Emma Kaplan
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have not read it Yet but I think it is a great book I lovvvveeedd the volume 1 btw chi mean peein japanese
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Yotsuba&!, Vol. 10 (Yotsuba&! #10)
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 03
  • Bunny Drop, Vol. 3
  • Owly, Vol. 5: Tiny Tales (Owly, #5)
  • Princess Knight, Vol. 2
Konami Kanata (jp. こなみ かなた, Kanata Konami; born 3 July 1958, Nagano) is a Japanese cartoonist best known for her cat characters Chi's Sweet Home.
Her works revolves around the daily life of house cats.

She went to Futaba-Kōtō Academy in Suwa, Nagano Perfecture. Her first published manga as a profesional manga-ka was the short story Puchi Neko Jamu Jamu in Nakayoshi Manga Magazine in 1982. The magazi

Chi's Sweet Home / チーズスイートホーム (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 1