Start by marking “Be Iron Fit, 2nd: Time-Efficient Training Secrets for Ultimate Fitness” as Want to Read:
Be Iron Fit, 2nd: Time-Efficient Training Secrets for Ultimate Fitness

Be Iron Fit, 2nd: Time-Efficient Training Secrets for Ultimate Fitness

The ultimate training guide for the ultimate in fitness

Published March 16th 2010 by Lyons Press (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Be Iron Fit, 2nd, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Be Iron Fit, 2nd

Hugo Damián
Dec 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
A very comprehensive and detailed guide on how to go from mere mortal to Ironman. Absolutely every single aspect of the Iron competition is detailed here, but in a simple enough way that is impossible to get lost in the programs, tips and general advices. As the author says over and over again in the book, simplicity is the key.

The book is not only targeted to newbies in the multi-sport, but even seasoned and professional Ironmans will fin this guide very useful, and maybe give it a shot to the
Henri Hämäläinen
Jun 18, 2013 rated it liked it
For a long time I read triathlon training book to get some motivation to my training. The book I selected was Be Iron Fit, 2nd: Time-Efficient Training Secrets for Ultimate Fitness by Don Fink.

From the start of the book it became obvious, that this wasn't a deep dive to the training science, but more of a practical guide to the training while being busy. It did go through every aspect of triathlon from techniques to nutrition, but it kept all of those in a high level. At least compared to Joe Fr
Kim
Jul 01, 2012 rated it liked it
While I am not actually following the Fink plan, I did find this book helpful. It really makes the idea of training for an Ironman seem reasonable (even though as I read that sentence I think--nothing about training for an Ironman seems remotely reasonable). It is easy to follow and has some great tips. I thought the information about what skills to focus on in each of the sports was particularly helpful. I would recommend it to anyone who is not a professional athlete and interested in training ...more
John Keats
Feb 09, 2016 rated it liked it
A must read for those thinking about or preparing to participate in any Ironman event. Even if you have no interest in participating in such an event, the book can still provide you with beneficial information on health and training. If you are a busy person then this book will help you with time management when it comes to training. As a bonus, the book also contains advice from Ironman participants and as a result this book is a must buy for Ironman enthusiasts.
Jim Allen
Mar 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: triathlon
Excellent intro to getting ready for an ironman. Love the way the training plans--Just Finish, Intermediate, and Competitive--are all time based rather than mileage based. Also really like the use of actual races as part of training. The only area I found a little lacking in the book was on nutrition--seems a little dated.
Morgan
Jun 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sports
This book will get you to the finish line of an Ironman triathlon - guaranteed. Trained with it for 4 months and it was great. Unfortunately I had to stop training because of my schedule, but I will get back into it as soon as I can. Amazing resource to train for an ironman.
Cortney
Nov 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
I started reading this book to understand what it would take to train for an Ironman. It's an incredibly comprehensive and down-to-earth training guide with a variety of training plans and suggested exercises. Great investment for any triathlete.
Steve Mayne
Sep 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Not a bad 'one of three sizes fits all' training guide for Ironman-distance races. The included training plans are a useful way to gauge how much to do early in the season when there's too much temptation to go too fast, too long, too soon.
Wawan Setiawan
Jan 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Good book for people who want to start their ironman journey or simply like the ironman lifestyle.
Stefanie
Feb 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Just love!! Great guide to a great lifestyle!!!!
Matt Jones
Dec 27, 2010 rated it liked it
Great reference for full iron distance training. Best value for three full training programs included
Stacey
Jan 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Good info for the most part. I couldn't relate to any of the profiles - they are all elites or men. How about the everymom who works and wants to iron or half-iron?
Randy Stiles
May 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Solid book and time management. Did not need the plans listed in the book since they are pretty standard plans.
Tj Collins lato
Oct 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Great time management tips and training plans.
Andrew Jacobs
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Iron War: Dave Scott, Mark Allen, & the Greatest Race Ever Run
  • Your First Triathlon
  • I'm Here To Win: A World Champion's Advice for Peak Performance
  • Older, Faster, Stronger: One runner's quest to find out how women are running into their 50s, 60s and beyond, and what that can teach us all about living younger, longer
  • Runner's World Running on Air: A Revolutionary, Scientifically Proven Breathing Technique for Runners
  • 26.2 Miles to Boston: A Journey into the Heart of the Boston Marathon
  • You Are an Ironman: How Six Weekend Warriors Chased Their Dream of Finishing the World's Toughest Tr iathlon
  • Iron Heart: The True Story of How I Came Back from the Dead
  • 4:09:43: Boston 2013 Through the Eyes of the Runners
  • A Life Without Limits: A World Champion's Journey
  • The Time-Crunched Cyclist: Fit, Fast, and Powerful in 6 Hours a Week
  • Ready to Run: Unlocking Your Potential to Run Naturally
  • Orange County: A Personal History
  • A Mile in Her Boots: Women Who Work in the Wild
  • Train Like a Mother: How to Get Across Any Finish Line - and Not Lose Your Family, Job, or Sanity
  • Relentless Forward Progress: A Guide to Running Ultramarathons
  • The Runner's World Cookbook: 150 Recipes to Help You Lose Weight, Run Better, and Race Faster
  • Run the World: My 3,500-Mile Journey Through Running Cultures Around the Globe

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »