Start by marking “The Month of Zephram Mondays: The Very First of the Zephram Tales” as Want to Read:
The Month of Zephram Mondays: The Very First of the Zephram Tales

Read Excerpt

The Month of Zephram Mondays: The Very First of the Zephram Tales

(The Zephram Tales #1)

In the Kingdom of Zephram, everyone is magical - everyone except for the Royal Quadruplets: Tom, Lizzie, Ned and Nell. It's tough to be different, even if you are a prince or a princess. And Tom, Lizzie, Ned and Nell are treated differently by everyone in the kingdom! But when evil Prince Persius takes over the kingdom, it's the non-magical Tom, Lizzie, Ned and Nell who ar ...more
Published November 3rd 2009 by Good Manners Kids Stuff Press

To ask other readers questions about The Month of Zephram Mondays, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Month of Zephram Mondays

Todd Fonseca
Apr 30, 2010 rated it really liked it
The Month of Zephram Mondays – A Great Story with a Great Message to Young People!

Rating: 4.5 of 5

Author: Leslie A Susskind
Format: Paperback

Being the sons and daughters of the King of Zephram would seem to have its privileges – that is unless your different. Life for Tom, Lizzie, Ned and Nell – the young princes and princesses of the kingdom – was a daily challenge because of their difference. You see they are the only citizens in the thousand year history of their kingdom to not have any magica
BlackhamBoys
Sep 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
I pre-read this to see if it would be one I would recommend to my kids. I would. It's set in Zephram, a kingdom where flora-ora is the local treasure (it's used for just about everything, including eating!). A golden magic-ball (thus the cover) gives EVERYONE special powers ... except the Royal Quadruplets. The story is very innocent and sweet, even as the "wicked prince" comes into the kingdom and steals the golden ball (thus, robbing everyone of their magic), it is never really scary.

Mondays a
sh(e)reader
Aug 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-cloud
This is a good read for the 3-6 grade set. The four protagonists (2 boys, 2 girls) are around 10 years old (I don't know that it is said specifically). Set in a simple fantasy, magical world (not too "out there"), still easy for kids to understand.

While EVERYONE is magical, the royal quadruplets are NOT. This is a good message in the book, that even "ordinary" people can do great things. The main characters are all very likable.

When I was younger (teen) I still enjoyed reading books for younger
Jen Blackham
Sep 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
In addition to reading for myself, I try to pre-read some kids books that I'll then recommend to the kids (or read to them). I've been picking up a TON of free e-books (this was one). This has reverted back to a $2 price tag, but I do think it would be worth a purchase.

This seemed a step above "Magic Tree House" level (in length and complexity). It was a cute fantasy story, easy to read, with humor and action and a good message.

... it's an e-book age now, I think my boys would enjoy discovering
Marion
Jan 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I collect children's books. It is something I started with my parents when I was very little and several decades later I'm still reading and collecting them. I've added this one to my library because in the Kingdom of Zephram, where everyone is magical, those who don't have this power, end up having the solutions! It's an entertaining read and a wonderful, memorable story. Enjoy!
Talitha
Nov 07, 2010 rated it really liked it
While not particularly a book I was interested in or one that I'd give more than a passing glance at if I saw it in the store, my kids and I enjoyed reading this. Very cool story and hope to see more from the author.
Sherry
Dec 31, 2013
Tom Carter
Jul 22, 2010
Ruben Aguilar
rated it did not like it
Jul 03, 2016
Amelia
Jul 08, 2014
Wendy Dwight
Jan 22, 2015

The Zephram Tales (2 books)
  • The Tale of Time Warp Tuesday (The Zephram Tales, #2)