Start by marking “The Case of the Truncated Troodon (Professor Barrister's Dinosaur Mysteries, #1)” as Want to Read:

4.64  ·  Rating details ·  11 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Third graders Nate and Emily meet Professor Reginald Barrister and travel into the Cretaceous, where they encounter the terrifying raptors known as Troodon. Full color interior with thirteen illustrations.
Published April 6th 2010 by Nimble Books

To ask other readers questions about The Case of the Truncated Troodon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Case of the Truncated Troodon

Julie
Oct 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I won this book through the First Reads Giveaway on 10/23/2010!

This book seems to have been written for my son, who is a second grade. The Case of the Truncated Troodon is action packed and any kid that is interested in dinosaurs would enjoy it. I sat down and read the entire book in less than 15 minutes - very easy to read. The illustrations were also fabulous. We will definately buy the rest of this series just to see what Professor Barrister will be up to next!
Clare
Apr 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s
More, more, more. I can't rave enough about this book. Allowing for willing suspension of disbelief, any book that offers the opportunity to travel back in time and see a parasaurolophus and a troodon is already a hit in this household.

I appreciated having both a male and female protagonist, having paleontology be cool, and some life lessons about manners, being respectful, and being kind thrown in.

This one's a keeper. Can't wait for book 2.

The illustrations seem remarkably accurate, says a m
Brenda
Apr 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I just won this autographed copy from Goodreads. This is Stephen Penner's first wonderful book in his new series. The stories protagonists are Nate and Emily who travel back in time to solve the case of the truncated Troodon and encounter adventure along the way. There are wonderful black and white illustrations every two to three pages which will definitely create interest and makes the dinosaurs just pop off the page. I read this book with my son who absolutely loved the pictures and story. I ...more
Tarn C
Jun 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
I received this book free from goodreads. It arrived quickly and my children were keen to have it read to them. My kids are 3 and 5 and loved the idea of having there own chapter book. The vocab is a little difficult for them to read to themselves but with some explanation and expression my kids understood and loved this story. With only six chapters we were able to read it in a week and I know it will be read again, by me and the kids when they're older. It's very educational even I learnt thin ...more
Heather
Oct 23, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads, children
This is a fun children's book that helps to introduce science and especially the science of dinosaurs to children. We join Professor Barrister and 3 school age kids to the Cretaceous period to discover why a certain fossil doesn't have a tail.

It's short and sweet and has fun pictures and interesting facts about the dinosaurs they mention in the book. I'm excited to get the other ones. My little boy will enjoy them as he gets older.

Thanks to First Reads for providing me with the book to review.
Vicki
Apr 26, 2010 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book! It took me so long to read because my son kept taking it back to read again. He adores dinosaurs so this was right up his alley!! I'm so glad there is a series of books with this premise! I think it's a great book for kids grades 2-5, depending on their reading level. But interest wise, that's a good range. I hope there's more!
Fred Zimmerman
Christine Groce
Donna
Mona
Oct 11, 2010
Stephen Penner is an author, artist, and attorney from Seattle, Washington.

His works include the David Brunelle legal thriller series, starring Seattle homicide D.A. David Brunelle and a recurring cast of cops, defense attorneys, and forensic experts. He also writes the Talon Winter legal thrillers, starring Tacoma criminal defense attorney Talon Winter, and the Maggie Devereaux paranormal mysteri
More about Stephen Penner