Start by marking “The Research Methods Knowledge Base” as Want to Read:
The Research Methods Knowledge Base

The Research Methods Knowledge Base

3.73  ·  Rating details ·  80 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Thoroughly updated, the third edition of The Research Methods Knowledge Base provides coverage of quantitative methods and enhanced coverage of qualitative methods. It can be used in a variety of disciplines and is ideal for an introductory comprehensive undergraduate or graduate level course. Through its conversational, informal style it makes material that is often chall ...more
Published December 1st 2006 by Cengage Learning (first published December 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about The Research Methods Knowledge Base, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Research Methods Knowledge Base

Cindy
Nov 29, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: graduate students
Shelves: phd-research
I am using this book in graduate school as I write my PhD dissertation. Trochim and Donnelly do a good job of making the process of research and writing academic research papers clearer. The book is written in a slightly conversational style, as if the authors were actually teachers for the class. This is the third and most recent edition, and Atomic Dog publishing also supports a website for the book.

Definitions are set in the margins, making it easier to locate and refer back to them. Each ch
Sarah Beth
Nov 18, 2013 rated it liked it
I read this text book in the free online format for a course in my master's program entitled "Methods of Professional Inquiry." This text covers all the topics typically found in an undergraduate or graduate research methods class. Topics it covers include formulating research questions, sampling, measurement, research design, data analysis, and writing research papers.

This text was written in an informal style that made it relatively easy to follow. It also contained examples that helped illus
Michael Kage
Jun 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
First off the book is boring. Secondly, the book is a great reference. I used it during both my undergrad and grad years. Probably will use it again for the next program I force myself to complete. Trochim and Donnelly write as if they are talking to you which is kind of cool considering this is a textbook.
Zak
Jan 25, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: grad-school
A good introduction to qualitative and quantitative research methods. Fairly easy to understand, some humor (which is important in this subject matter), and a good layout. This book will help in my future Master's degree program for sure.
Umar Abdi
I am still using this book in my graduate school as I write my thesis and i think that this book is the mos suitable source i need in my work procees. Trochim and Donnelly do a good job of making the process of research and writing academic research papers clearer.
Leo Elf
Mar 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Denise
Jun 11, 2011 rated it liked it
Not the best book but good for reference when looking into both quantitive and qualitive research methods more in depthly. I think there are better ones out there though.
Ashley