Start by marking “Freefall (Tunnels, #3)” as Want to Read:
Freefall (Tunnels, #3)

Freefall

(Tunnels #3)

Will terjatuh semakin dalam ke dunia bawah tanah. Sepertinya, itulah akhir riwayatnya. Namun, ternyata itu semua hanyalah awal dari petualangan yang lebih mendebarkan!

Di tengah keputusasaan mendengar kabar kematian ayahnya, Will harus berhadapan dengan laba-laba karnivora raksasa, makhluk Brights yang mematikan, dan si kembar Rebecca. Belum lagi, ada ancaman virus Dominio
Published November 2009 by Mizan Fantasi (first published September 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Freefall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Freefall

Mohammed Arabey
Apparently I'm stuck with this series, since I bought the first 4 books 'blindly'

I love the idea of going Underground alright, just hated the prolonged writing style..
But this one bit faster, cause here's a Freefall..

to the Center of the Earth
With a Mason like cult, the Illuminate, the lost civilization of Atlantis..AND the theory of Hollow Earth..

Now that the Urban Fantasy is back with more focus of the plot in the Topsoil, and the element of the old Science Theories, things getting much intere
Lindsey
Apr 11, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Of the three books so far in the series, this is the one that I have enjoyed the most. The previous two largely take place in the dismal underground worlds controlled by the Styx, but Freefall is a subterranean area completely untouched by these evil humans. Thus, the general mood from the characters feels lighter, and the spirit of adventure is stronger.

(Spoiler alert!) My favorite part, though would have to be once they get to the very center in which is contained a second sun. I couldn’t qui
Miglė Keliotytė
Everything would be good if there wasn't Will's father which I found annoying as hell. His ignorance was killing me.
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Joan Stradling for TeensReadToo.com

After digging through the subterranean world of modern-day London in search of his father, Will Burrows ended up on the run from the diabolical Styx army with his best friend, Chester, and his newly discovered brother, Cal. After an encounter with the Rebecca twins and Styx army, the group of friends fell down a deep hole known as the Pore.

The FREEFALL takes them further into the earth, but they're not alone in the depths of the Pore. Having been mo
Amber M. McCarter
This was the most intriguing of the series so far...
Grant B
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love it! There are so many things you can't expect!
Katie
Jul 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading this book. I have been waiting for it to come out for a couple of months after I had finished reading "Deeper" I really like the idea of the whole story and it is a book I found hard to put down. I personally think this book was great until the ending, when the surroundings of the "second sun" place was so similar to "topsoil" life, it has a lack of imagination and mystery. It wasn't the way I would have hoped the book to end, I was expecting a bit more than just some "n ...more
KJVerdecia
This is book 3 of a 6 book set. I have thoroughly enjoyed going on this journey with Will, Chester and the rest of the gang. It is a book with threat of global domination and destruction. One of the aspects of the book that is keeping me reading is all of the main characters are children and or no older than 22. Even the "evil" character is a set of teenage twin girls.

For me this is a familiar story line theme. I am very curious how these 2 authors carry it out. So far the have kept me interest
Michelle
Oct 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am so happy- wait, spoiler- that Elliot and Will finally killed the Rebecca twins. Or, rather, maybe. I have a friend who read the fifth book of the series first, and I don't think the Rebecca twins actually died. Or if there are actually more than just two. I am getting the fourth book in 12 days, exactly, and it is driving me crazy! This is a really good book.
Shawna
Jun 02, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just got this book from the UK and am on 148 so far it is pretty good I can't tell yet if it is as good or better then the first 2 book but I will keep you posted ;o) Happy reading Shawna
Josh
May 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series is really good. It is very exciting and funny, and there is something really neat about the whole 'underground' concept. Read these books!
Martha
May 03, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
dagnabbit! Now I have to wait for the next book to finish the story! How many books of this series are there going to be?
Wesley
Mar 03, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Miller
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book (freefall) was the best book out of the 3 I have all read it is so good I could read it over and over I mean it could end right there and it would be fine that's how good it is this book turns the table on the dominion virus and so many in answered questions that wants me to think and ask questions about how it works.this book series is a total masterpiece and would recommend this series to anyone that wants a constant thriller this book will give you emotions that make you feel like y ...more
Nikhil Shankar
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book Freefall by Roderick Gordon is an unexpected action packed thriller
The book is action packed because the characters have to go through dangerous places while being hunted by dangerous people. The book also had lot’s plot twists that I never saw coming!
In the book Will gets stranded deep underground and must find his way out while being hunted by the evil styx. A surprising plot twist in the book is that Will’s sister Rebecca is actually a styx and has been spying on them.
In conclusion,
Lisa
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE this book series! It's full of adventure and exploration! The problem with this series is Dr. Burrows. I really can't stand the guy! A sign of a good book is the way it makes you feel about the characters. Whether you love or hate them, a good books makes you feel strongly about them. Dr. Burrows is a bit over the top though. No one can realistically be this dumb/ignorant/naieve... right? Maybe he figures it out in the rest of series?
Idzni Mardhiyah
Jul 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, dystopia
Better than Deeper!

If I know a thing about what's inside the earth, I think I'll get more excited. Since I know nothing... a little confused here, but that's a thing about science fiction, right? Theories.

Clearly can't wait for the next series, still don't know where the story goes. But, yeaa still, the first one is the best one. The development of the characters here is better than in Deeper, though.

More-ish. Like it.
M.J. Dermott
Apr 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The third in the Tunnels series, I found myself rereading this. I'm still waiting for the film to come out - we were promised this years ago! I love this series. The story never goes where you think it will go - the boys just continue going deeper into the earth, finding layer upon layer of ancient civilisation which are incredibly believable. There are some wonderfully sinister baddies and some brilliant revelations in this book.
The series would make a brilliant film.
Qudwatu Nabila
This is the book I enjoyed the most so far in the series. The characters' personalities are stronger, the narration and description are clearer, and the plot is getting more intense. (view spoiler)

Will, Chester, and Elliott (view spoiler) survived the Fall to the Pore from the previous book
Tyson Crittenden
As he plummets down a subterranean void, it looks like the end for 14 year-old Will Burrows. But it's just the beginning of a terrifying adventure in which he must face giant carnivorous spiders and the deadly Brights.

The third installment of the "Tunnels" series and an awesome way to continue the journey deeper into the earth. It makes you wonder what it would be like to free-fall down a subterranean pit and travel deeper into unknown territory. I look forward to how the next installment goes i
Rick Bavera
I think the book could have been about 100-200 pages shorter and still told the story.

Didn't dislike the book, but certainly didn't love it either.

The whole "hollow Earth" thing that came to the fore in this installment of the story was just sort of lame, in my opinion. Not going to read any more of the series.
Tony Pope
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book #3 in the "Tunnels" series of books as we follow teenager, Will Burrow, and his even deeper adventures in an underworld.
Nicholas Myszczynski
it was good, and for school.
Eli Walter
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is suspenseful and sad.
Biophilia
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
want to read again
Anna ~"One need not fight every battle, or die in the struggle, to be a hero" MV~
What in the earth? this book was great. More adventure, more Styx...
Bret
Nov 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you can’t handle action, adventure, and suspense, this is not a book for you. Freefall, the book i'm reviewing, has no weaknesses and much strengths. The plot is good and solid with suspense where you can't stop reading. It also consists of much complex language and terms. This book is 599 pages long but seems to fly by because you can’t put it down. This book is the third in a series of books. The second book, Deeper, ends with Will, the main character, Chester, his friend, Elliot, someone w ...more
Allison
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Freefall definitely has to be my favorite out of the series so far! The mystery surrounding the Pore and the void below it, the grip of the unknown, and the sense of exploration and adventure all had me turning the pages for more. Love the characters in this book and also the complete reversal of Will's parents. I found myself becoming increasingly annoyed with Dr. Burrows and ended up liking Celia more.

It was a great, suspenseful read! Glad I started this series!
Tyler
Sep 20, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book review number one-

This story follows Will Burrows (a.k.a. Seth Jerome) through his journey inside the pore, a subterranean void with lower gravity. It starts out wit Will's landing inside the pore. As it continues he gets trapped in a net trap, captures on of the Rebeccas, finds a submarine and a route topsoil. During his trip topsoil, with his father, Will contacts his mom and drags her into the mess with the styx. Also, while he was topsoil Will meets up with Drake and comes to find out
Kayla
Dec 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone and Everyone
Recommended to Kayla by: School-friend Megan
In Deeper, you have chapter one, which is a mini prologue for a character's relative, and then you jump into the action on the first sentence in chapter two. In Freefall, you jump in the action as hard as Will, Chester and Elliott jumped down The Pore: right away.
The action in this book is ridiculously awesome, and I feel that every time a new book is born in this franchise it exceeds the previous incredibly. The last time I remember feeling this excited about a book series was when Harry Potter
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Time Quake (The Gideon Trilogy, #3)
  • Minamoto no Yoritomo
  • Indonesia Incorporated
  • Tentacles (Marty and Grace, #2)
  • The Drift House: The First Voyage
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • The Kindaichi Case Files, Vol. 6: The Legend of Lake Hiren
  • Fantasy Fiesta 2010: Antologi Cerita Fantasi Terbaik 2010
  • The Day of the Djinn Warriors (Children of the Lamp, #4)
  • Rivers of Fire
  • Star of Stone
  • V for Vendetta, Vol. V of X (V for Vendetta, #5)
  • The Death Collector (Department of Unclassified Artefacts, #1)
  • Dangerous Times (Nathan Fox, #1)
Roderick Gordon is the author of the Tunnels series of books. Born in 1960, he grew up in Highgate, North London, and eventually went to University College where he dabbled in genetics and listened to Joy Division. After graduating without the faintest idea what he wanted to do for the rest of his life, he spent some time in the wilderness when he played in a few bands, then somehow fell into a jo ...more

Tunnels (6 books)
  • Tunnels (Tunnels, #1)
  • Deeper (Tunnels, #2)
  • Closer (Tunnels, #4)
  • Spiral (Tunnels, #5)
  • Terminal (Tunnels, #6)
“Just who the blazes are you?” he demanded. “You haven’t told us.” “Ever heard of the Illuminati?” Drake said.” 2 likes
“the old Styx responded, now speaking in English. “Every man is the architect of his own fortune, and unfortunate things happen.” 0 likes