Start by marking “Stella is a Star: With CD” as Want to Read:
Stella is a Star: With CD

Stella is a Star: With CD

Bernadette Peters and Liz Murphythe terrific team behind the New York Times best-selling Broadway Barksare back with a story about Stella, a pup who would rather be a graceful pig ballerina than what she really is: a dog no one seems to like.

Bernadette Peters' lovable Stella learns the lessons of self-acceptance, following her heart's desires and, most important, that it's
Published April 7th 2010 by Blue Apple Books (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Stella is a Star, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stella is a Star

Start your review of Stella is a Star: With CD
Reese
Jun 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
So (I've come to rely on "so" to begin "in medias res" -- as if the use of that word will turn my informal paragraphs into an epic), I decided to escape from the world of "the most evil women" and pick up a kids' book that I bought during a recent one-day escape from burdens. My husband and I ran off to DC to see the fabulous Bernadette Peters in one of our favorite Sondheim shows, FOLLIES. The Kennedy Center shops were selling autographed copies of Peters' books for children. Perhaps I should f ...more
Kathryn
Sigh. This is a sweet, if not exactly original, idea and it's kinda cute but it could be so much more. Plus, it's all just a bit complicated--we have a dog, who pretends she is a pig, and not just any pig but a princess pig. She does this so people will like her (because she doesn't feel very special just the way she is) and also because pigs are the best dancers and she wants to go to ballet class. You can probably already guess where this is going, and what the moral of the story will be. Alon ...more
Julieann
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautiful story written by the wonderful Bernadette Peters. This book was gifted to my daughter for her birthday and we have read it several times a day for the past 9 months. Whenever we get in the car, she requests to listen to the puppy book and has it memorized.
Rshogren
Feb 01, 2011 rated it it was ok
okay but nothing memorable
Mary Ann
Jun 18, 2010 rated it it was ok
positive feelings, but not much depth. The Tanya and Emily books are much stronger.
KidsFiction Teton County Library
Kay's rating 4 stars
J CD Book Short Peters

Nicely read and sweet song sung by Bernadette Peters. It is a reassuring book to share with a nervous young child. Great message to be yourself.
Jo
May 12, 2010 marked it as to-read
Shelves: picture-books, dogs
In support of Pit Bulls everywhere. <3 ...more
Britt
Sep 06, 2014 rated it it was ok
Good message (be yourself), but I think there are other books with that message and the dancing theme that hit the mark with more accuracy.
Samantha
Samantha
Jun 26, 2011

• How Rocket Learned to Read
  • The Christmas Bunny's Wild Adventure
  • Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are?
  • First Dog
  • Cami Kangaroo Has Too Much Stuff (Cami Kangaroo and Wyatt Too Book 2)
  • Little Squirrel Squish Gets His Christmas Wish (Little Christmas Series Book 2)
  • EVEN A MONSTER HAS MANNERS
  • Sully the Seahorse : A book about self-esteem and resilience (Sea School Stories 2)
  • Oliver West! It's Time to Get Dressed!
  • The Adventure of the Ten Fingers
  • Not Like The Others: A Hidden Picture Book About Diversity (US Edition) (Another Found It Book 1)
  • Lucky's Adventure in Winter Wonderland (Lucky's Adventures Book 2)
  • Luna Lucy
  • Where Would Santa Go?
  • It's not easy being Santa!: A Christmas tale about kindness!
Bernadette Peters is an American actress, singer and children's book author from New York City.

Peters is known for her charitable work, including as a founder of the Broadway Barks animal charity. To support the animal adoption charity, Broadway Barks, Peters has written two children's books, both illustrated by Liz Murphy.

The first is about a scrappy dog, named after her dog Kramer, and the plea