Start by marking “Thinking for a Change: Putting the Toc Thinking Processes to Use” as Want to Read:
Thinking for a Change: Putting the Toc Thinking Processes to Use

Thinking for a Change: Putting the Toc Thinking Processes to Use

The book begins with an overview of the constraint-based perspective on systems and organizations, commonly referred to as the theory of constraints or synchronous management. The first section will guide you through the fundamental principles and processes that are the backbone of the thinking process application tools.
The second section contains the step-by-step guidelin
Published January 26th 1999 by CRC Press

To ask other readers questions about Thinking for a Change, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thinking for a Change

Start your review of Thinking for a Change: Putting the Toc Thinking Processes to Use
Suhrob
Aug 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Unfortunately as TOC thinking process textbook this is not very good:

Scheinkopf is not very didactic and it simply floods you with all the super-detailed descriptions, so if you are learning the method for the first time, it is hard to see the forest from the trees.

The sequencing of the trees is also very odd and not helpful for students in my opinion.

For a practitioner that wants to have a one-stop reference book this is fine, but overall somewhat disappointing.

Too much time spent on redundant
Brian
Outstanding read, clarifies and simplifies. I was able to create some real breakthroughs solutions in a life defining crisis I faced awhile back by using the TOC thinking tools I learned from an online program.

After reading Lisa's book, I realized how muddled and rudimentary my understanding of the thinking tools created by Eli Goldratt were even after reading The Goal, and a couple of his other books.

I'm looking forward to applying my new found clarity to my current big challenges.
Klaus
Jul 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
So far I head only read the Flying Logic version of this. I need to review how good that document was but this one really explained a lot of the Theory of Constraints thinking. I wanted to look up some details but ended up reading it completely.

Good if you want to use the ToC diagrams. Some good thinking for all diagrams. Insides int ToC. Recommendable.
Bjoern Rochel
Sep 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
Decent introduction to Goldratt's logical thinking process (LTP). Contains very detailed instructions on how to apply each tool, but the order in which the tools are introduced for me were confusing (because they're interrelated and contain cross references).

Only in the last 5 percent she elaborated how the tools fit together and relate to each other. Changing the order in how the tools are introduced would make life for the reader easier in my opinion.

I'll come back to this one and compare to
Utkan Uluçay
Mar 07, 2018
Juergen Lukas
Apr 08, 2015
Kathleen
rated it did not like it
Jun 09, 2017
Jul 25, 2015
Arnulfo Perez
Sep 25, 2015
Harish Chawla
Good overview of the TOC Thinking Processes.
Jamie
Lars Axelsen
Aug 29, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »

• Critical Chain
  • Management Dilemmas: The Theory of Constraints Approach to Problem Identification and Solutions
  • It's Not Luck
  • The Haystack Syndrome: Sifting Information Out of the Data Ocean
  • Isn't It Obvious?
  • The Goal: A Process of Ongoing Improvement
  • Think and Grow Rich
  • Ender's Game (Ender's Saga, #1)
  • The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change
  • Rich Dad, Poor Dad
  • Strategic Navigaion: A Systems Approach to Business Strategy
  • Principles: Life and Work
  • High Output Management
  • Inspired: How to Create Tech Products Customers Love
  • The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, #1)
  • The Measurement Nightmare: How the Theory of Constraints Can Resolve Conflicting Strategies, Policies, and Measures

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »