Start by marking “Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 2 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, #2)” as Want to Read:

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 2 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind #2)

4.53  ·  Rating details ·  2,361 Ratings  ·  61 Reviews
Princess Nausicaä has left the Valley of the Wind to join Princess Kushana's forces. However, Nausicaä gets separated from the Torumekian fleet and finds herself face to face with the mysterious Ohmu, who open their hearts to her. But will Nausicaä be able to interpret their urgent warning about the southern forest? And what of the war which rages all around her?
Published March 31st 2004 by VIZ Media (first published August 25th 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 2

Akylina
Looks like the big introduction finished. I'm really looking forward to the events that will follow.
Joshua
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's almost impossible for a two part work to be so magnificent, and yet Nausicaa manages to be just that.

I usually just, to quote a friend, ingest graphic novels, and the reason I was able to finish my 2017 reading goal so quickly was largely because of them. Nausicaa has been a challenge because in order to appreciate this book the reader is forced to slow down and observe the detail that is packed into every frame of this incredible book. Miyazaki manages to fill his world with people, creatu
Jerry
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I didn't quite understand this one, but the artwork and action made it fun to read nonetheless.
Keely
I won't be continuing this any time soon. I got so confused and will need to start from the beginning..
Mona
Dec 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sigo enamorada de la obra de Miyazaki y solo me han entrado más ganas de leer el próximo volumen. El diseño, claramente, sigue con la misma calidad. El único pero que tiene este cómic es que, al menos para mi, a veces es un poco confuso. No sé cuando son los Durku y cuando son los de Tormekia o qué avión está atacando o qué personaje es el nuestro. Un poco confuso pero se puede leer perfectamente, y se debe leer!
Tengo muchas ganas de terminar esta historia y de ver la adaptación de Ghibli.
Julia
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was ok
I just don't think this series is for me. It's mostly warfare action. The majority of sentences have an exclamation point at the end, which I find a bit distracting...
Marisha
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is where you see a clear distinction between the movie and the manga and you realize that the movie, as good as it is, is only a tiny fraction of the amazing world Miyazaki has created. This series is absolutely brilliant.
Kristina
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Something quick to be absorbed in little over an hour, I am fascinated by how this young girl is going to be a hero for many people.
Nigel
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens-ya, comics
My experience of reading Nausicaa this time round is a bit of a jolt. I collected the old Viz issues assiduously when they came out, and read and reread them, but there were big gaps in my collection and big gaps of time between new issues. When I got these collections over a few years for my son I never got around to sitting down and reading the whole lot until now, and it is really hard to stop once started.

Nausicaa and Asbel escape from the forest only to be captured by a lurking Dorok ship w
Mallory (toweroftomes)
So interesting to see which parts of the manga made it into the film, and which were modified or cut out entirely. The world of Nausicaa is so much larger than most people know about. I love Nausicaa, she's fierce but gentle, and I admire her perseverance through the horrors she faces. Hayao Miyazaki is indeed a genius.
Asami Uchiha
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars-2016
This was a great volume! I've discovered that the movie only covers volumes 1 and a 3/4 of volume 2. I can't wait to see what happens in volume 3.
Michael
Jul 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, manga, favorites
Onwards and forwards I plod amongst this book's pages. Omnomnom.
Mladoria
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: emprunts
Les guerres font rage et les complots pour le pouvoir font oublier aux hommes leur lien avec la nature au point de l'utiliser comme arme. Nausicaä poursuit sa quête sur le vaisseau tolmèque pour découvrir ce que l'empire dork manigance. Yupa et Asbel se retrouvent embarquer dans un conflit clanique en lien avec le frère jumeau de l'empereur, doté de capacités surnaturelles.

Un tome riche en événements et en information sur ce monde complexe et sombre. Emouvant et une fois encore parfaitement men
Jenny Clark
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: viz-manga
Another awesome volume. I love the full color fold outs at the beginning. Miyazaki is a wonderful artist. His drawing is very simple, probably the simplest I have seen, but he tells a story so well. Usually, I despise politics in my stories, and heavy handed stories too, so I would not think I would like this because it is very political at times, and the save our earth and animals can be heavy handed, but it feels natural to this story.
I am mad my library does not have 5 and 6!
Fiona
Sep 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
This volume is just as good as the first, although the plot gets a little bit more dense and difficult to follow. The art is still gorgeous though and I'm looking forward to finally reading the next volume sometime soon.
Adam
There are lots of things I'd like to love about this series, but equally as many I'm just not on board with. The fact that the storytelling is just frankly subpar seals the deal for me; I'm 40% of the way in and I'm still having a hard time figuring out the broad strokes of what's going on.
Makenzie
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
Okay but this introduction is way too long & i feel so lost. Don’t plan on continuing after this.
Amy
There were some parts that I was pretty confused, with all those different tribes and stuff, but this manga had so much more to offer. The political situation of the different tribes is very intriguing. The artwork is crisp and organic, it is definitely old school but the details are just crazy!!!! There are so many characters that could not have been told through movies because of time limitation, but this is so much grander and deeper as a story and the message that Miyazaki's trying to convey ...more
Raj
The second volume of the story of Princess Nausicaa, this widens and deepens the canvas of the story, showing us some more history of the world and more of the politics and factions that populate it. Nausicaa and the supporting characters are wonderfully drawn (metaphorically and literally) and the story keep hinting at more in an organic way that draws you in.

Miyazaki's tale of the dangers of ravaging the earth is poignant but never overbearing and I look forward to reading more of it.
Nathalie
Aug 08, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, sci-fi
In this volume we get to meet the antagonist of Nausicaa. It appears the doom hanging over the world is bigger than just a war between two large empires. As Nausicaa tries to figure out what is happening, she comes closer to the front lines. Can Asbel and Yupa reach her in time to help her?

The story is very interesting. You get a sense of impending doom. The world Miyazaki is building becomes more interesting with every frame you see.
Hailey Chappell
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Aaron Nickel
Volume 2 finds our heroine in the midst of the ravages of war between the Torumekian and Dorok armies. The Doroks are up to some really unsavory stuff while waging war, making them seem like the de facto bad guys for the time being. Miyazaki's unbelievable art adds to the heavy atmosphere of battle. Bring on volume 3!
Jessi
Apr 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
It was a little serendipitous that I found this series. I was reading another manga and saw an ad for this in the back of the book, then the next day saw these at the library. This story has beautiful art and a deep engaging story. Now, I can watch the movie. As an aside, I'm unsure how they could possibly condense this series into one movie, but I'm sure it'll be great since it's Mayazaki.
Tom Meade
Jan 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Things heat-up a bit in this episode with the discovery that the Dorok have engineered a deadly fungus which rapidly evolves beyond their control. Also, Nausicaa proves herself in battle, and Kui lays an egg after her mate, Kai, dies.
Shaun
Jun 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
One thing I will say about these larger printings is that they really bring Miyazaki's narrative to life. I am seeing a lot of details that I don't remember from my read-through of the old manga-sized editions.
Jayme
Nothing really happened in this volume. It didn't get interesting at all until the very end of the book. And that was only because it was hinting at cool things to come. So hopefully there will be cool things to come...
Jacqueline Brocker
Apr 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
This series is so far EPIC, and this is only volume 2. Very different to the film, and so far am preferring the manga. Very worth the read for a Miyazaki fan, though I should reserve further judgment till I read all the volumes.
Kayla
Sep 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great story! I don't normally read comics/manga, but I saw the movie, and wanted to read the complete story. Nausicaa is an awesome character!

"That foolish child... does does she mean to protect the whole world by herself? My Nausicaa..." - King Jhil
Kirsten
May 29, 2010 rated it really liked it
Even better than the first volume -- I could barely put it down. But my library doesn't have the third one! CURSES!
Devero
Aug 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Prosegue la saga di Nausicaa della Valle del Vento, lettura consigliata a chiunque appena appena se ne intenda di fumetto, o arte sequenziale che dir si voglia.
  • Planetes, Volume 2 (Planetes, #2)
  • Akira, Vol. 4
  • PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 002 (Pluto, #2)
  • Phoenix, Vol. 2: Future
  • Children of the Sea, Volume 4 (Children of the Sea, #4)
  • Lone Wolf and Cub, Vol. 16: Gateway into Winter
  • Mushishi, Vol. 5
  • Barefoot Gen, Volume Six: Writing the Truth
宮崎 駿

Hayao Miyazaki was born in Tokyo on January 5, 1941. He started his career in 1963 as an animator at the studio Toei Douga, and was subsequently involved in many early classics of Japanese animation. From the beginning, he commanded attention with his incredible ability to draw, and the seemingly-endless stream of movie ideas he proposed.

In 1971, he moved to A Pro with Isao Takahata, then to N
More about Hayao Miyazaki

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (9 books)
  • Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 1 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, #1)
  • Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 3 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, #3)
  • Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 4 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, #4)
  • Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 5 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, #5)
  • Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 6 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, #6)
  • Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 7 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, #7)
  • Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Deluxe Edition 1
  • Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Deluxe Edition 2

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Paradise Lost (The Vampire Diaries; Evensong, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Obsidian Curse (A Stacy Justice Mystery #5)
  • A History of Glitter and Blood
    $13.99 $1.99
  • Bloodstone (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Steeplejack (Steeplejack #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Oz Reimagined: New Tales from the Emerald City and Beyond
  • Long May She Reign
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Song of Achilles
    $11.74 $1.99
  • Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Black Elfstone (The Fall of Shannara, #1)
  • Minecraft: The Island
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Sins of Empire (Gods of Blood and Powder, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Black Tuesday (Time Patrol)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Rogue Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #3)
  • Cloaked in Red
  • Warrior's Revenge
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Dust (Jacob's Ladder, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Fire and Bone (Otherborn, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Pale Queen Rising (Pale Queen, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Emerald Isle (A Stacy Justice Mystery #4)
  • The Elven
  • Children of the New World
    $9.99 $3.99
  • The Best of Robert E. Howard: Crimson Shadows (Volume 1)
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The Romeo Catchers (The Casquette Girls #2)
  • The Graveyard Book, Volume 1
  • The Devil in Silver
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet (Wayfarers, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Hunt (Disrupted Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Last Girl (The Dominion Trilogy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Quantum Thief (The Jean le Flambeur Series, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Starship Grifters (Rex Nihilo #1)
  • Black Heart, Ivory Bones
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Rithmatist (Rithmatist, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Novice (Summoner, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Hazel Wood (The Hazel Wood #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Kiss of Deception (The Remnant Chronicles, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Fields of Fire (Frontlines, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Darwin Elevator (Dire Earth Cycle, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Country of Ice Cream Star
    $8.74 $1.99
  • The Cottingley Secret
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Blood Gamble (Disrupted Magic, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Closed and Common Orbit (Wayfarers, #2)