Start by marking “Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 2 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, #2)” as Want to Read:

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 2

(Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind #2)

Princess Nausicaä has left the Valley of the Wind to join Princess Kushana's forces. However, Nausicaä gets separated from the Torumekian fleet and finds herself face to face with the mysterious Ohmu, who open their hearts to her. But will Nausicaä be able to interpret their urgent warning about the southern forest? And what of the war which rages all around her?
Published March 31st 2004 by VIZ Media (first published August 25th 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 2

Start your review of Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 2 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, #2)
Joshua
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's almost impossible for a two part work to be so magnificent, and yet Nausicaa manages to be just that.

I usually just, to quote a friend, ingest graphic novels, and the reason I was able to finish my 2017 reading goal so quickly was largely because of them. Nausicaa has been a challenge because in order to appreciate this book the reader is forced to slow down and observe the detail that is packed into every frame of this incredible book. Miyazaki manages to fill his world with pe
Akylina
Looks like the big introduction finished. I'm really looking forward to the events that will follow.
Juho Pohjalainen
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Looks like we're done with introducing the premise, and are getting to the real meat of the story from here on. So far so good.
Marisha
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is where you see a clear distinction between the movie and the manga and you realize that the movie, as good as it is, is only a tiny fraction of the amazing world Miyazaki has created. This series is absolutely brilliant.
Jerry
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I didn't quite understand this one, but the artwork and action made it fun to read nonetheless.
Kristina
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Something quick to be absorbed in little over an hour, I am fascinated by how this young girl is going to be a hero for many people.
Keely
I won't be continuing this any time soon. I got so confused and will need to start from the beginning..
Julia
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was ok
I just don't think this series is for me. It's mostly warfare action. The majority of sentences have an exclamation point at the end, which I find a bit distracting...
Mitchell
Art is still amazing. Story is still confusing. There seems to be a story here somewhere. It's not clear to me if it the story has been lost in translation. Or maybe it's supposed to be that confusing. Maybe it gets clearer later.
Nigel
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens-ya, comics
My experience of reading Nausicaa this time round is a bit of a jolt. I collected the old Viz issues assiduously when they came out, and read and reread them, but there were big gaps in my collection and big gaps of time between new issues. When I got these collections over a few years for my son I never got around to sitting down and reading the whole lot until now, and it is really hard to stop once started.

Nausicaa and Asbel escape from the forest only to be captured by a lurking
Mallory (toweroftomes)
So interesting to see which parts of the manga made it into the film, and which were modified or cut out entirely. The world of Nausicaa is so much larger than most people know about. I love Nausicaa, she's fierce but gentle, and I admire her perseverance through the horrors she faces. Hayao Miyazaki is indeed a genius.
Asami Uchiha
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars-2016
This was a great volume! I've discovered that the movie only covers volumes 1 and a 3/4 of volume 2. I can't wait to see what happens in volume 3.
Taylor Green
Jul 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, favorites, fantasy
Onwards and forwards I plod amongst this book's pages. Omnomnom.
Jenny Clark
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: viz-manga
Another awesome volume. I love the full color fold outs at the beginning. Miyazaki is a wonderful artist. His drawing is very simple, probably the simplest I have seen, but he tells a story so well. Usually, I despise politics in my stories, and heavy handed stories too, so I would not think I would like this because it is very political at times, and the save our earth and animals can be heavy handed, but it feels natural to this story.
I am mad my library does not have 5 and 6!
Jason
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
God this series is so good. It’s post apocalyptic world is so full of hope and beauty, despite being a world also filled with war, senseless death, and rot. I love being able to simmer in Miyazaki’s world, with much more depth and breadth than any film could allow.
Jordan
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed, manga, 4-5-stars
With this volume, we've effectively left the movie behind (except for one plot point that will likely come up later). This volume was a great combination of action, suspense, world-building, and character development!
Fiona
Sep 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
This volume is just as good as the first, although the plot gets a little bit more dense and difficult to follow. The art is still gorgeous though and I'm looking forward to finally reading the next volume sometime soon.
Adam
There are lots of things I'd like to love about this series, but equally as many I'm just not on board with. The fact that the storytelling is just frankly subpar seals the deal for me; I'm 40% of the way in and I'm still having a hard time figuring out the broad strokes of what's going on.
Makenzie
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
Okay but this introduction is way too long & i feel so lost. Don’t plan on continuing after this.
Peter
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There are 3 or 4 individual frames in this one that are worthy of framing and hanging on the wall.

It also has one of my favorite story elements, you can't be sure of where the story is going.
Angelika Fuller
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such an incredible story. I hope the movie is just as good.
Terra
Dec 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
This one ended on a cliff hanger!! I need the rest! Hopefully my library will have them!
Emma Lindhagen
Jun 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, sci-fi, comics
Finally got around to reading vol 2. The plot is definitely growing in complexity, as is the cast, and I'm really looking forward to seeing how it goes from here.
Melissa Michelle
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed the old ruins in this second book and the story line.
Nicholas Siebers
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellence continues!
Chris
Dec 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
I like the movie more so far, but this is good too. There’s a lot more background and depth in the manga version.
Bléu
Jul 11, 2019 rated it liked it
I had to read this at a speed of light since I need to return it in order to not make my broke ass self pay overdue fees. So, in the process I didn't necessarily had time to marvel at the oh-so detailed illustrations like I used to, and barely understood the storyline. What's important is my decision to continue reading this series by my favourite director all through the seven parts, despite my library lacking the sixth book, I am willing to take that risk and happily consume the magical film v ...more
Amy
There were some parts that I was pretty confused, with all those different tribes and stuff, but this manga had so much more to offer. The political situation of the different tribes is very intriguing. The artwork is crisp and organic, it is definitely old school but the details are just crazy!!!! There are so many characters that could not have been told through movies because of time limitation, but this is so much grander and deeper as a story and the message that Miyazaki's trying to convey ...more
Hailey Chappell
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Raj
The second volume of the story of Princess Nausicaa, this widens and deepens the canvas of the story, showing us some more history of the world and more of the politics and factions that populate it. Nausicaa and the supporting characters are wonderfully drawn (metaphorically and literally) and the story keep hinting at more in an organic way that draws you in.

Miyazaki's tale of the dangers of ravaging the earth is poignant but never overbearing and I look forward to reading more of
« previous 1 3 next »

• Akira, Vol. 3
  • Planetes, Volume 2 (Planetes, #2)
  • PLUTO: 浦沢 直樹 x 手塚 治虫 005
  • Phoenix, Vol. 2: Future
  • Lone Wolf and Cub, Vol. 6: Lanterns for the Dead
  • Mushishi, Vol. 5
  • Barefoot Gen, Volume Seven: Bones into Dust
宮崎 駿

Hayao Miyazaki was born in Tokyo on January 5, 1941. He started his career in 1963 as an animator at the studio Toei Douga, and was subsequently involved in many early classics of Japanese animation. From the beginning, he commanded attention with his incredible ability to draw, and the seemingly-endless stream of movie ideas he proposed.

In 1971, he moved to A Pro with Isao

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (9 books)
  • Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 1 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, #1)
  • Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 3 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, #3)
  • Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 4 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, #4)
  • Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 5 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, #5)
  • Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 6 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, #6)
  • Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Vol. 7 (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, #7)
  • Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Deluxe Edition 1
  • Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Deluxe Edition 2
“There's an old saying, 'Look not into the heart of the Ohmu.' They say if you do, you'll never come back...” 1 likes