Start by marking “Out of the Box (Stories for Older Men & Younger Lovers #2)” as Want to Read:
Out of the Box (Stories for Older Men & Younger Lovers #2)

Out of the Box

(Stories for Older Men & Younger Lovers)

Story by story summary: Rites of passage for a single father. Square dancers embark on a fated affair. What do a gay and lesbian fret about while their lovers conceive a child? *Tea and Sympathy* for the mailman. A youngster demonstrates an alternative kind of sex to an older man. Is there life after death on a Moebius strip? A mature nudist seeks the interest of a young m ...more
Published September 8th 2009 by Booksurge Publishing (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Out of the Box, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Out of the Box

A.B. Gayle
Jul 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in Don Schecter's "Stories for Older Men and Younger Lovers". A collection of tales. Yes, there is sex in some of them, but more they are explorations about what it is to be gay and as such should be of immense interest to women who write m/m romances who want to delve behind the stereotypes that are starting to populate the genre.

In some ways the subtitle is a bit of a misnomer as it suggests the stories are only relevant to the young and old. Whereas these stories are r
Fangtasia
Aug 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A refreshing look at gay life from a gay man's perspective. Quite different from the usual m/m romance fare I read, but a necessary divergence once in a while. It helps keep perspective on real life.

Greatly enjoyed the older/younger man liaisons depicted, very well written, with interesting settings.
Naqshi Khan
Jun 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Before I write what I think about this book, I have to reveal something about myself as a reader and how did I get this book? I read love stories, love poetry and sports books , and in Urdu language only, my mother tongue. While surfing on net, I read excerpts on Author's website. It got me so excited that I decided to touch the foreign soil, first time. Visiting the largest book store in the city, I asked the salesman for "Out of the Box by Don Schecter." Which kind of book is this? salesperson ...more
Nick Stewart
Nov 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Never thought I’d write a review about a book of m/m relationship stories. Thinking conventionally, I thought such a book would comprise only gay sex. But “Out of the Box” changed my mind completely, as these stories are quite different from existing stuff, and that’s very rare in literature.

Most of the stories are impressive and touching, but particular standouts are “His Father’s Advice” and the title story, “Out of the Box.” In the former, the author beautifully defends and tries to prove the
Alexis Woods
I read the first two stories of this anthology of older and younger men and both depressed me enough that I'm not bothering to continue.

I will say that the writing was bland and lifeless. I suspect it author's voice, and while I'm sure these stories will resonate with many a gay man, I simply couldn’t sink into either one of the two I read.

Mark
Nov 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing

I loved reading these stories. I find myself lost inside as I read and when I finshed each story, I discovered that I wanted to experience these myself. I am trying to live outside of the box that I have created. Thank you for your stories and the courage to be so bold in your writings.
Naqshi Khan
May 24, 2012
Don Schecter
Jul 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books, gay-fiction