Start by marking “Kitten's Spring” as Want to Read:
Kitten's Spring

Kitten's Spring

(Kitten #2)

It's a bright spring day in the farmyard and Kitten is meeting all sorts of animals and their young, including frogs and tadpoles, owls and owlets and many more. In this first book in the Kitten series, rhyming couplets capture the animals' sounds and actions, making it a fantastic interactive read-aloud. Young readers will enjoy mimicking animal sounds, picking out season ...more
Published February 1st 2010 by Kids Can Press (first published February 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Kitten's Spring, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kitten's Spring

Start your review of Kitten's Spring
Kathryn
Adorable! Here is the story of a cute and curious kitten and its wanderings on a spring day on small country farm where it encounters a variety of both domestic and wild moms and their babies, like a frog and tadpole, pig and piglet, and duck and duckling. The rhyming text is sparse but descriptive and engaging and combined with the vibrant, humorous, detailed and darling illustrations, had me smiling on this spring morning. The illustrations include clay figures (such as the kitten on the cover ...more
Phair
Apr 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
I don't handle the children's books as much as I used to but as I unpacked a shipment of new books this one caught my eye and I had to read it through. We follow a kitten exploring nature on a farm through absolutely wonderful collage-style pictures. The author/artist has created such rich detail and vivid action in her clay renderings of various farm and wild animals, birds, insects, pond life and plants. The colors are wonderful and realistic and while the text is minimal there is so much to ...more
Kandice
Apr 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mackers, easy-reading
An adorable kitten takes the reader on a stroll through the farm on a lovely spring day. The language is simple consisting of 2 word sentences (noun and verb). Eugenie Fernandes uses mixed media to create vibrant illustrations.
Eileen Carter
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a great interactive book for children. It has bright colorful pictures to keep their attention. It has many objects on the pages for them to search for and to discuss. Children of all ages will enjoy reading the adventures of this cute little kitten in the spring.
Michelle
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Perfect for babies
Meg
May 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: children, cats
I'm a sucker for cats, and also a sucker for mixed-media illustrations. The style of this book wasn't my favorite, though I do appreciate the unique 3-D art style.
Katherine
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: storytime
Fun for storytime. I put out a puppet for each animal and by the end we had a huge pile of animals.
Sara Jones
This is a cute book, published in 2010, that follows kitten around the farm, where she encounters a variety of animals. Apparently, this is one of a four part series, each with the same plot, but set in different seasons. The illustrations done by Eugenie Fernandes, who is also the book's author, are really fun to explore. They are mixed-media with a collage feel about them and you won't notice some neat details if you flip through too quickly. The soft rhyming of the words make it a good book t ...more
Nielson
Feb 22, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This is a cute and simple book that takes us on a journey with kitten through the outside world. We go along as she observes, both through sight and sound, the wonders of nature. The artwork in this book is what really makes it unique. It is a combination of self-hardening clay, acrylic paint, and mixed media-collage. Very interesting and unique.
Denise
Jan 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Kitten returns to give readers a sense of what spring looks and sounds like on a farm. This is a beautifully illustrated book using clay, acrylic paint and mixed media collage. This is a great book to use with toddlers for storytime as long as the group is a reasonably sized bunch.
Mommywest
May 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Simple, poetic text, accompanied by charming mixed-media illustrations that seem to pop out of the pages tell of the discoveries Kitten makes around the farm and countryside as he/she ventures out on a beautiful spring day.
Kimberly
Lots of cute baby animals and their moms.
J
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
A sweet, cute book about a kitten experiencing all the sights and sounds of spring. This made me want to read the other Kitten books. A good one for toddlers.
Jenni
Apr 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
We live looking at the pictures in this book! It is nice to see some different medium used for the pictures and collages. Cute story, the illustrations are definitely the best part of this book. :-)
MissInformation
May 14, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: picturebooks
Super simple text, parent and baby animals. Rhymes. Ok for Story Time. Bright, flat colors with objects in relief.
Beverly
Mar 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Simple rhyme with gorgeous illustrations made of self-hardening clay, acrylic paint and mixed-media collage.
Tracie
Jun 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
Sweet pics and nice, simple words - perfect for little, little ones.
Janna
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: to-jason
Simple poetic story with beautiful art.
Melissa
All the seasons are included in this series that Anthony loves. It's a fun to read poem and teaches about the seasons.
Alice
Jan 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Very Simple Easy reader, but I gave it 4 stars because I LOVE the art work! Very 3 dimensional with lots of texture! Great!
Agent Smith

• Get the Guy: How to Find, Attract, and Keep Your Ideal Mate
  • The Legend of Ninja Cowboy Bear
  • The Bear in My Family
  • Indian Survival on the California Frontier
  • The Good Egg (The Bad Seed, #2)
  • For All the Tea in China: Espionage, Empire and the Secret Formula for the World's Favourite Drink
  • Curious George Plants a Seed (CGTV Reader)
  • Nothing Fancy: Unfussy Food for Having People Over
  • Tending the Wild: Native American Knowledge and the Management of California's Natural Resources
  • The Berenstain Bears: We Love Trucks!
  • Separate Is Never Equal: Sylvia Méndez and Her Family's Fight for Desegregation
  • Lonely Planet California (Travel Guide)

Kitten (4 books)