Start by marking “Zolar's Encyclopedia and Dictionary of Dreams: Fully Revised and Updated for the 21st Century” as Want to Read:

3.66  ·  Rating details ·  116 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
The completely revised and updated edition of the classic, best-selling guide to dream interpretation
In the first major revision of the encyclopedia that has sold half a million copies worldwide, Zolar, the acclaimed "Dean of Astrology" (The New Yorker), has created the indispensable bedside reference for today's dreamers, reflecting the changes that have affected our w
Published June 8th 2004 by Touchstone (first published June 16th 1963)

To ask other readers questions about Zolar's Encyclopedia and Dictionary of Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zolar's Encyclopedia and Dictionary of Dreams

Jennifer Collins
Sep 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
I've had this book for many years and reference it every so often.
It's typically pretty spot on and fun just to read.
Steven
Oct 26, 2017 rated it liked it
This is an entertaining and interesting book.
Andy
May 07, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Zolar's definition of dream symbolism is accurate and helpful some of the time, BUT please bear in mind this book was written in the twenties or some other dark age. So if you see a listing under "Jew" that says you will be cheated out of your money or "Negro" means danger awaits, well, you just have to shake your head.

By the way, if you watch "Grey Gardens" little Edie drags a copy of this around with her trusty magnifying glass all through the picture. What better endorsement could you ask fo
Jon
Dec 19, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Did you know that that dream I had in 1991 about the giant fish strewn across the top of a car might have meant that I was probing the depths of my own spirituality (the fish) while taking a spiritual journey through life (automobile) at the same time?! I don't don't know about you, but to me, it sounds like I could easily have had some sort of spiritual spontaneous combustion at the vortex of the universe. It might also have meant that I would be visited by a family pet.
Mannu
Jan 05, 2014 rated it liked it
it is interesting to read what something should mean. however some things are listed so detailed way and if youre not sure or dont remember details of what you have seen in dreams then meaning of dream so to speak, changes totally.
Tempest
I bought it for fun because it was on sale and I had been wanting a dream dictionary for a while. I don't know if it's the 'best one out there' or even one of the best, but I really enjoy it, even if I don't take it all as undeniable fact.
Mayra Cruz Ortega
Nov 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I find this book to be the most detailed of its kind.
Shanne Woodruff
Jul 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This stays by my bed
Heather
Aug 16, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
This book predicts random events - not likely to happen!
Terri
Dec 25, 2011
Sandi Navarro
Mar 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • How To Be A Wicked Witch: Good Spells, Charms, Potions and Notions for Bad Days
  • Handfasting and Wedding Rituals: Welcoming Hera's Blessing
  • Goddess Alive!: Inviting Celtic & Norse Goddesses Into Your Life
  • Ostara: Customs, Spells & Rituals for the Rites of Spring
  • Witch's Halloween: A Complete Guide to the Magick, Incantations, Recipes, Spells, and Lore
  • The Encyclopedia of Witches and Witchcraft
  • Sexy Witch
  • Dancing with the Wheel
  • Dragons and Unicorns: A Natural History
  • 500 Formulas for Aromatherapy: Mixing Essential Oils for Every Use
  • Crystal Prescriptions: The A-Z Guide to Over 1,200 Symptoms and Their Healing Crystals
  • Faery Wicca, Book 1: Theory and Magick, a Book of Shadows and Lights (The Ancient Oral Faery Tradition of Ireland) (Bk.1)
  • Lammas: Celebrating Fruits of the First Harvest