Start by marking “Blood of the Dark Moon” as Want to Read:
Blood of the Dark Moon

Blood of the Dark Moon

A dark flame of passion ignites between Amanda, a devoted follower of the Greek god Apollo, and Jesse, a handsome scholar who shares her love of both the classics and the occult. But little does Amanda know she is destined to fulfill a legacy that began long ago and ended in tragedy. Together, she and Jesse embark on a journey down a shadowy path that delivers Amanda into ...more
Published January 5th 2010 by Freya's Bower (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Blood of the Dark Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood of the Dark Moon

Barbara ★
I'm not finding anything romantic about this book. I don't feel any sparks between Amanda and Jesse. Oh sure they both have a love of ancient mythology but so what, where's the love? And Jesse turning her without telling her, oh not so romantic at all. Definitely a deal breaker in my book.

****************************************************
Jesse frowned at her. “Amanda, I had to. I had to do it.”
“But why?”
Fixing his gaze on the road, he only replied, “You’re safe now. Don’t worry,
everything wil
Skyler Grey
Feb 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adrianne Brennan's book, Blood of the Dark Moon is an intriguing vampire story that keeps the reader on their toes. The hero and heroine have their own uniqueness that make them perfect for each other.

I totally enjoyed the book and will look for others written by this author.

Skyler Grey

M.e. Ellis
Nov 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Another fab book by Ms. Brennan.

:o)
Jaidis Shaw
Apr 18, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Blood of the Dark Moon by Adrianne Brennan is a steamy tale of vampires, magic and the occult. Amanda has invested all of her time and energy into being a devoted follower of Apollo and her college graduate studies. So when Jesse walks into her life and is not only interested in her studies but her religion as well, Amanda feels like a relationship may actually work between them. Just when Amanda is starting to realize that Jesse isn't an ordinary guy, she finds herself being turned into a Vampi ...more
Kissa
Jan 06, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a thrilling book. I recommend it to one and all. Adrianne Brennan is a well-versed author who knows how to pull in readers and keep them enthralled!
bronto sproximo
Feb 25, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What's not to like? Magic, sex and vampires.
Mark Christie
Dec 31, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I usually shy away from the erotica genre, but this book was virtually impossible to put down. Adrianne's writing flows naturally, drawing you in and grabbing you before you realize it. The book also does its genre a much-needed service by providing a real plot and storyline carried out by deep, interesting, three-dimensional characters. Well worth the time and price.
Amanda
Dec 28, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm not usually a vampire fan. I was pulled into this book in spite of myself by the rich tapesty of Adrianne's writing and the exquisite depth of her characters - they made me love them, and I couldn't put it down. The stuff of legends.
Jessica
Oct 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! Fantastic interweaving of many areas of personal interest for me, as well as enjoyable and engaging characters. Looking forward to the next one!
Terri Talley
Sep 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In Adrianne Brennan’s Blood of the Dark Moon, we meet Amanda. She’s a graduate student at NYU working on her Thesis in Greek and Roman classics. Secretly, she’s a devoted follower of the Greek sun God, Apollo. Also practicing her own magick spells, she has no time for a social or romantic life, until she meets Jesse.

Jesse, a handsome young scholar stimulates her mind because he shares Amanda’s interest in both the occult and the classics. His sexy, “business-goth” appearance ignites her passion.
C.M. Michaels
Jul 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Blood of the Dark Moon weaves erotic romance, the supernatural and the occult into a gripping story that will have you turning the pages into the early hours of the morning. Jesse and Amanda's whirlwind romance is compelling, and is complemented by truly surprising plot twists that create conflict and add depth to the interactions between characters. The time Adrianne spent researching the referenced mythology and occult elements comes through in her writing and really helped to immerse me in th ...more
H.A. Fowler
A very unique premise about topics rarely touched on in dark fantasy/paranormal romance! Unfortunately, it moves too slowly and spoon feeds bits and pieces of the mystery in too small chunks, and the world building teases as interesting, but it ultimately too thin. With a little more work, this could be a really great story -- as I said at the top, the premise is truly unique and interesting!
Shawna
 Sara
rated it did not like it
Sep 12, 2011
This book will be made available in PRINT soon! 1 4 Nov 11, 2009 09:23AM
Adrianne Brennan stumbled into her love of writing by accident at the tender age of ten when she was given a creative writing assignment for her science class. The end result was her writing a brief science fiction comedy featuring numerous puns regarding vegetables. Once the writing bug bit, it bit pretty hard, and from the age of fourteen onwards she worked on a lengthy fantasy novel.

Adrianne's