Start by marking “Twice Dead (Haven, #2)” as Want to Read:
Twice Dead (Haven, #2)

Twice Dead

(Haven #2)

Newly undead shifter-turned-vampire Kita Nekai is coming to grips with the reality that her cat has not awakened since her change. What she needs is a little time to adjust to her new liquid diet and the increasingly complex attraction to her sire, Nathanial. What she gets is a headless harlequin.

With the body count rising, Kita is dragged into a dangerous game of vampire
Published February 12th 2010 by Bell Bridge Books (first published February 2nd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Twice Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twice Dead

Penny
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
It is ok.

I actually liked the first half of the book better than the first book. However, I lost interest during the second half.

I won't be continuing this series, I am not interested in the story any longer.

Once Bitten (Haven #1)
Kirsty ❤️
Oct 07, 2018 rated it liked it
I've had this book in my netgalley downloads for a while but only just got around to it. And it wasn't a bad book. I haven't read the first one so I didn't really have the background of the series but I still enjoyed it.

The characters are interesting but there are a lot of them so not as well developed as I would have liked. There's a lot of promise for the series and I'll try and look out for the first and subsequent books.
Cassandra
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
My Thoughts - 4 out of 5 Unicorns - I really liked it!!!
***I choose what I read and review based on what intrigues me!! Yes, I got a review copy of this book, but no one tells me what to think, feel, or write about any book!

This is the 2nd book in the series, and it is for adults only due to the scenes of violence and sexual imagery. I highly recommend reading the books in order, so you have a better understanding of the characters and what’s going on.

This series is definitely getting better! K
Lynsey   (A Bookish Life)
Jul 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
A much, much, much better read than book one. The mystery was better, the characterisation of Kita and Nathaniel (aka The Hermit) was better and focused on more, the plot twists, turns and drama were all really good and the sexual tension has me bouncing up and down waiting for the next book.

I like slow developers. I like to be teased and tantalised by the mere possibility of a love connection over several books. Insta-love has its place when I'm in the mood for it, but those are not the pairing
Wendy Darling
A little more interesting that the first book, but it still isn't really grabbing me. I would love to know more about Kita at this point--her power, her history, her fears, her emotions, etc--and I just don't feel that I really do. Not sure if I'm going to check out the rest of the series.
Tracy
Mar 19, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read Once Bitten and thought that while it was a promising concept, there were far too many issues - with the plot, characters, and technical writing aspects - for me to like. I almost didn't bother with Twice Dead because of it. I would've missed out on a fantastic, gritty, dark AU fantasy if I hadn't. I can't remember ever reading such a huge improvement between a first and second book in a series, but I'm thrilled that I have now.

Twice Dead continues the story of the natural shifter-turned-
Mandi Schreiner
Jan 27, 2010 rated it really liked it
Kita is a very new vampire, but she is not new to the paranormal world. She has been able to shift into a calico cat her entire life, that is until Nathaniel bit her a few weeks ago and now she is stuck in human form as a vampire. Nathaniel has become her friend, if not maybe more, as is discovered in this book. Kita is not one to always follow the rules and she thinks drinking from humans is pretty gross, however her animal diet is just not cutting it.

The collector is in town, a very old and po
Christina
Jan 18, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: uf
Better. 3.5.
Is Tatius channeling Eric to anyone else, in a way?
Will read the 3rd one,if only for hopes of seeing more of a certain neon-haired, multiple-pierced, leather-and-mesh-clad ancient vampire. Ahem.
Still bored to death by the Kita-Nathaniel pairing. I also don't like Nathaniel.Brooding,lonesome vamps belong in YA novels,where they can shine in all their fairy-tale glory.(no,I actually mean that as a good thing.Really.) But here,I just kept going "Gah!Get over yourself already and quit w
Susan Angela Wallace
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Twice dead by kalayna price.
Tatius vampire king of haven has summoned Kita and Nathanial to his little party. While there kita finds a decapitated body. Drained of blood. Who did it and why?
A fantastic read.  I loved the story and the characters apart from tatius.  Kita was my favourite character.  I loved the ending too.  5*.
Leslie (Working for the Mandroid)
First off, I have to admit that this took me four months to read. Part of it was that it was an ebook, so I couldn't read it for long spans of time. Even if I had been able to, I don't think I would have wanted to. I was very unimpressed with this book. There was very little character growth and even less world building.

Main character Kita is originally a shapeshifter who turns into a small cat, but in some vaguely described incident that occurred in the first book, she is now also a vampire. A
Jen  (In the Closet With a Bibliophile)
As all of my readers know, I've become an avid fan of Kalayna Price's writing (if not, see my reviews of Once Bitten and Grave Witch). This second book in the Haven series, Twice Dead, is no exception. This book was brilliant and exactly what I'd needed to make my reading worthwhile and exhilarating.

In this second book, our little kitty, Kita is on the hot list of vampires. Not because she wants to be, but because of some jealousy and want for power. Isn't that just always the way. Why oh why pe
Manda
Jun 21, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I instantly fell in love with Once Bitten, and it was one of the first I ever read on my (now not-so) new Kindle. Twice Dead is a deliciously dark paranormal adventure that is just as entertaining as the first and has more depth. The characters are more fleshed out and you learn more about the different species of supernatural. Kita is still her spunky self, but her attitude is slightly toned down and less flaky. That still doesn't keep her from questioning everything.

Price does a wonderful job
Halona Skaggs
Apr 06, 2010 rated it really liked it
Twice Dead is the second book in the Haven Series. In the first installment we met Kita the half Werecat / half Vampire and her band of misfit "friends" and followed them in search of a rouge shifter. This time around we witness Kita being torn between two master vampires battling to control her, Kita searching for more humans she may have accidentally turned into shifters, a murderer framing Kita and an odd zombie/necromancer/ghost...thing....just to name a few.

I received Twice Dead through th
Marsha
Jun 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Adults
I am just loving this series! You know you truly love a book when you want to read it again and I've already started reading this book a second time."Twice Dead" takes Kita and Nathaniel into the arms of the vampire council. Tituis wants their presence to introduce them to another powerful vampire known as the Collector. She collects people with unusual skills and looks. When Kita discovers one of the Collectors' people decapitated, she is forced to reveal what she knows and in doing so she is n ...more
Peace Love and Reviews
Mar 18, 2010 rated it really liked it
Kita is clearly in a more vulnerable state in Twice Dead. Our Calico shape-shifter turned undead is now more in demand than ever, and I don't mean that as a good thing. No. Kita is being stalked, wooed, wants to be collected, killed, you name it. A necromancer, a skin walker, the collector- a powerful vampire, to name a few. Besides that awful predicament... Am I awful for being thrilled that The vampire king Tatius is out to get Kita away from Nathanial? Will you blame me if I find Tatius amus ...more
Dre
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
....Meh....

While I enjoyed Once Bitten, the first novel in the Haven series, I can't say I was exactly waiting with bated breath for the next installment. There was plenty of potential evident in the first book, but the multitude of characters introduced were only mildly developed, the main character wasn't the most likable of heroines and while there was certainly a lot of potential for some cool world building in the first book that potential was never fully realized. So, while I enjoyed the f
Anne Szlachcic
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
This the second book featuring shifter Kita Nekai - newly turned Vampire .
A much, much, much better read than book one with better characterisation .

Newly undead shifter-turned-vampire Kita Nekai is coming to grips with the reality that her cat has not awakened since her change and she now has a liquid diet ....BLOOD !
Now the Vampire Council has insisted that she must appear before them - where she draws the attention of The Collector ...... an old Vampire who likes to collect the unusual .... K
Lauren
Dec 08, 2017 rated it really liked it

Now this is a good book!

After finding Once Bitten in the meh waters, Twice Dead fixes all of those bad feelings that I had about the series in a spectacular fashion. Price finds her stride in this book. Kita is faced with so many different trials and tribulations that it’s hard to book this book down. Being a were isn’t easy, but being the first were/vampire crossbreed is doubly hard. Kita is unique in her world, and with that, comes with an entire laundry list of hurdles to jump. Throw in the
Ronda
Vampires, shifters, skinwalkers, mages, rogues, clanless, necromancers, supernatural politics, mind games, blood, guts, and just a little bit of Beethoven. Oh. My. This 2nd installment in Kalayna Price's Haven series had me on the edge of my seat and reading through the wee hours (after promising,myself "just one chapter". There are so many different storylines Kita can follow that I sincerely hope there are many, many more installments to come. Read this series in order. And it might be advisab ...more
Pamela
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love author Kalayna Price's ALEX CRAFT series so not sure how I missed her HAVEN series. The first book in the HAVEN series is entertaining, but TWICE DEAD is all-consuming. I read it start to finish in one sitting! There is just so much going on with the main characters... Kita and Nathaniel. Is it terrible to say that I want to see more of Nathaniel's brother, Tatius?! I cannot wait to read the next installation in the HAVEN series!
The Gypsy Emmy
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another smashing hit by Price! Darker, edgier, and even more action packed than the first book, if you can believe it! The characters really shine through in this book and I devoured thier sorry in one sitting. This is an epic paranormal fantasy that will have readers unable to put this one down.
Lisa
Sep 12, 2017 rated it liked it
I found this book to be better than the first book but still only just okay. Hence the extra half star. The series held promise. It just didn't deliver.

- - Received copy through NeyGalley- -
L
Louisa
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book! This book was more vampire then the first one, given the Vampire Council and all. Really enjoyed it, and I hope book 3 comes out soon!
Ruby
Dec 02, 2010 rated it really liked it
Karol
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
Good storyline but the MC's relationship is very frustrating, they should just get together already. Also the female MC is really annoying & pathetic.
Anika
Nov 17, 2010 rated it liked it
Another adventure with Kita also involving Nathaniel, Bobby, and Gil. I very much liked this one as it explored a deeper relationship that seems to be developing between Nathaniel and Kita. It starts out with Kita and Nathaniel being at this vamp party hosted by Tatius the head vamp ruler of Haven the city where they live when at the party Kita gets a whiff of blood and leans toward the person sitting next to her and the head rolls off the body and everyone looks at her like she did something wr ...more
Angella
Feb 26, 2012 rated it really liked it

The collector is in town, a very old and po
Jessica (a GREAT read)
Nov 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Finished Twice Dead by Kalayna Price today and it was just as exciting as the first one!! I truly didn't know what to expect besides what the BOC described and was thrilled to see more returning characters, such as Bobby and Gil.

There were also a few new characters as well that played into the vampire murder mystery aspect which was done very well. I so didn't guess who the villain was, although I had some suspects and an inkingly of the real killer at one point, but still never made it my fina
Feminista
Apr 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
There are some books in the world that are simply beyond words - a rare gem. Being an avid reader, I can say that, although I have started to give out five stars more frequently, not all of them have captured me as intensely as Kalayna Price does with her books.

This author has managed to keep me enthralled, engaged and desperate for her books. Her story lines are amazing, her characters are amazing, albeit some flaws presented in them. But really guys, if we wanted to read about flawless, perfec
Donna
Feb 24, 2010 rated it really liked it
Twice Dead is the second book in the Haven series, and it has upped the ante on this series with a suspenseful storyline filled with many “seat on the edge of your seat” moments. The plot moved at an exciting but much smoother pace and a lot more was explored in the vampire realm along with a healthy dose of mage magic thrown in.

Kita is only several weeks into her new life as a vampire, trying to adjust to it and the fact that she may not be able to shift anymore. If that isn’t stressful enough,
  • Blood Rock (Skindancer, #2)
  • Cold Blooded (Jessica McClain, #3)
  • The Path of Razors (Vampire Babylon, #5)
  • Keeping Secret (Secret McQueen, #4)
  • The Renfield Syndrome (Rhiannon's Law, #2)
  • Hallowed Circle (Persephone Alcmedi, #2)
  • Head Rush (The Disillusionists, #3)
  • Taken by the Others (H&W Investigations, #2)
  • Eternal Hearts (A Darkness Within, #2)
  • Wait for Dusk (Dark Days, #5)
  • Vicious Grace (The Black Sun's Daughter, #3)
  • The Vampire With the Dragon Tattoo
  • Crimson Wind (Horngate Witches, #2)
  • As Lie the Dead (Dreg City, #2)
  • The Mage in Black (Sabina Kane, #2)
  • Sins of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #4)
  • Blood Before Sunrise (Shaede Assassin, #2)
USA Today Bestselling author Kalayna Price writes the Alex Craft Novels, a new dark urban fantasy series from Roc, and the Novels of Haven from Bell Bridge Books. Her works have been translated into several languages and are available (or have been contracted for release) in the US, UK, Australia, New Zealand, France, Poland, Russia, and Germany. Kalayna draws her ideas from the world around her, ...more

Haven (3 books)
  • Once Bitten (Haven, #1)
  • Third Blood (Haven, #3)
“Elizabeth's fingers slipped around my arm. She stepped forward, her fangs flashing. My breath caught, but not in fear.
Damn Tiffany and her vampire-bite addiction. I shoved the reaction away just in time for Elizabeth's fangs to break skin.
Warmth rushed up my arm, the blaze filling my body, my mind. On my other side, Tatius's hand on my arm was like a cool oasis. I groped for his fingers, locking mine around his, pressing the long side of my body along his, and the fire in my body calmed enough I could still see, still think.
Cool.”