Start by marking “How Not to Marry the Wrong Guy: Is He "the One" or Should You Run? A Guide to Living Happily Ever After” as Want to Read:

3.25  ·  Rating details ·  67 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Don’t walk down that aisle until you read this book! Whether you’re engaged, in a serious relationship, or looking for Mr. Right, How Not to Marry the Wrong Guy can help you decide to take the plunge or run in the opposite direction.

Anne Milford canceled her wedding five months before the big day. It was a heart-wrenching decision, but one she has never regretted as she is
Published May 4th 2010 by Harmony (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about How Not to Marry the Wrong Guy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How Not to Marry the Wrong Guy

Nicole
Aug 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing
To me this book is the objective best friend/mom/aunt who tells it like it is, even if you don't want to hear it. For any woman who thought they had to change a guy or hope he'll come around - you must read this! While aimed primarily at women who are engaged and having severe cold feet, it's also a real eye-opener for women who are contemplating marriage or simply in a relationship that leaves them with doubts or concerns. My favorite advice is about trusting your gut and paying attention to re ...more
Farheen
Nov 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Where are all these women that shared their stories?! We all need to go out for a drink.
Casey
Oct 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
I originally decided to check out this book because I thought the title and cover were funny. I didn't expect to get past the first few pages, really, but the introduction totally intrigued me!

The authors interviewed numerous women from varying backgrounds asking them to give advice to other women on how not to make the mistakes they did. So the book is filled with snippets and stories from women who have been through bad relationships and marriages, giving the reader a good idea of how to recog
Shirin Abdel Rahman
It is not about how to get a BF/Husband, actually it is about how to leave the wrong one , how to avoid divorce and heartbreak when marrying the wrong guy.
Drop dead romance when it comes to looking for a husband since marriage has nothing to do with big parties or your dream wedding dress,the author states many aspects to look for when you look for a long term partner such as socioeconomic differences and what kind of husband do you need in order to have the kind of marriage you want.
Marriage is
Maureen
Jul 02, 2010 rated it did not like it
I expected more from this book...I didn't get as much out of it as it talks about people who get engaged not wanting to married and it's not cold feet. They are forcing themselves to marry. I think it could have delved more into the reasons psychologically and help individuals know themselves better before jumping into such a huge commitment.
Sally Siawidjaja
Sep 06, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone in a relationship
Recommended to Sally by: Magazine
Shelves: non-fiksi
I bought this book when I just broke up with my ex boyfriend. The decision to split was not mine but his. So I needed a book to make me feel better and be thankful for the separation (because everyone keep telling me that he was a loser). But since I was so focus to recover from the broken heart by distracting myself with so many activities (like traveling, shopping, going to the gym), I didn't get to read this book until recently when I am already in a relationship with a great guy (at least th ...more
**Carla**
Apr 30, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: firsts
I won this book in a book give away. I got it in the mail about 4 days ago and today I had a day with nothing on my to do list so I sat out back and read it. I actually sat and read the whole book in one sitting.

So this book is to help women determine if they are in the right relationship for them and if they really want to marry their guy or if they should dump them/call off the wedding.
I believe this book would be of great help to women who are already married too. I myself am married and as
Cara
Nov 17, 2014 rated it liked it
I felt that this book was really accessible. I've read other books and articles about red flags and the like, towards the end of an abusive relationship and after finally getting out, so it wasn't exactly new information for me, but I liked the way this was presented because I think women who maybe aren't already aware that the man they're dating might not be right for them wouldn't outright reject what this book was saying the way they may reject other, less delicately presented, information. I ...more
Michelle Szetela
Aug 06, 2011 rated it it was ok
A couple things:

There were a lot of first-hand accounts, which was fine up to a point, but which got tedious pretty quickly. More than a page of testimonials at a time is too much; I wound up skipping most of the vignettes because they were repetitive.

The chapter on how the Internet can ruin one's relationship was really out of date, especially for a book published so recently (2010). The book presumes that most women met their boyfriends/husbands through traditional, in-person means, and assum
Alisa
May 26, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommended to Alisa by: Found On First Reads
Shelves: non-fiction
I found this book on Goodreads First Reads Giveaway.. I didnt win it but it looked interesting enough so I read it. I thought that this book was going to be funny and light but instead it ended up being a sort of how-to book on how to know if the person you are engaged to or dating is truly the one for you. It gives signs to look for that they call "Red Flags" in the relationships, signs that are pretty much screaming at you to get out and get out now but because you want to get married you aren ...more
Amanda Croley
May 06, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc-reviews
I won this book in one of the goodreads giveaway's. It talks about the importance of following one's gut, and watching for the red flags. The personal stories from women whom were interviewed were interesting. I think this book would be helpful to any woman whether single, dating, engaged or married. I hate to say that I quit reading half way through, because the thoughts and idea's presented were redundant. It still had an important message that could be useful to any woman.
Sasha
Aug 13, 2012 rated it liked it
Sometimes it seems as though they stated the obvious but maybe women really need to see things in "black-and-white" to see outside of their own situation. I like Alex's (best friend) advice..."Just marry me.." :)
Brooke
Aug 05, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: borrowed
I read some article online about the authors of this book and decided to check it out. The advice was fine, pretty common sense. I think the concept is great, but the advice gets redundant.
Ctny
Apr 28, 2016 rated it liked it
I wasn't taught how to really build a healthy relationship or work towards marriage, so this book gave me some great concepts to ponder.
Cecelia