Start by marking “This Heart of Mine (Chicago Stars, #5)” as Want to Read:
This Heart of Mine (Chicago Stars, #5)

This Heart of Mine

(Chicago Stars #5)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  26,935 ratings  ·  1,145 reviews
This Heart of Mine..

Molly Somerville knows she has a reputation for trouble. She did give away her fifteen-million-dollar inheritance, but, hey, nobody's perfect. Still, if anyone has an almost perfect life, it's Molly. While her Daphne the Bunny children's books could be selling better, she loves her cramped loft, her French poodle, and her career creating the fictional
Mass Market Paperback, 432 pages
Published February 5th 2002 by Avon (first published February 6th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about This Heart of Mine, please sign up.
Lou Ikr?? I just finished reading that scene. I don't get all the 5 star reviews, are we supposed to excuse what she did because she's a woman ?…moreIkr?? I just finished reading that scene. I don't get all the 5 star reviews, are we supposed to excuse what she did because she's a woman ? (less)

·  26,935 ratings  ·  1,145 reviews

Start your review of This Heart of Mine (Chicago Stars, #5)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Carol [Goodreads Addict] by: Kelly
This Heart of Mine is book #5 in the Chicago Stars series by Susan Elizabeth Phillips. This book was a gift from my dear friend, Kelly, and I am so thankful she gave it to me. I have read one other book by this author and I fell in love with it. Is it possible, now, to love SEP even more? This book had me laughing out loud and within a few minutes, breaking my heart. The characters were loveable, the story wonderful and silly and engaging. It was unputdownable. I have decided that SEP’s writing ...more
Krista (I remember you, Min) (Critical)
~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~
Blown away!

Another winner by SEP. That woman doesn’t know how to write a bad book. I could tear out every third page from this book and it would still be one of the best books I’ve ever read.

I swear her books emit some kind of invisible drug that makes you addicted to them.

QUICK REVIEW:

♥Sharon♥
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*************************

(re-read June, 2016)

Sometimes things are just a bit better the second time around. And re-reading THoM was just that. If I could add another 5 stars to my rating I would. SEP truly is an amazing author. I was quickly reminded of the moments I fell in love with the first time and I was lucky enough to experience a few new wonderful moments that I apparently missed last June.

If you love SEP and haven't read this one then you must read it soon.

If you love SEP and have read
Mo
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another re-read ... and listened to the AUDIO too. I love this author. Enjoyed every single minute of it ... again.

-------------------------------------------------------
PREVIOUS REVIEW ...

I had forgotten how good this book was. It was a re-read. Karen's updates made me do it!!

It was sad, happy, funny, sexy. I loved Molly. I remember her from the very first book and it was nice to see her get her own story.

Karen
Mar 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
5 STARS
[image error]  photo 6a00d8341c8f0053ef012876885cae970c-450wi.jpg

SENSATIONAL True to my last review… I once again have a new favorite. Honestly, this series… the books are all so incredibly good that I am giddy with joy every time I finish one. Instead of boring you with my incessant gushing, I’ll get right to the meat…

[image error]  photo 5a4e35e85c1935489a6b776ca3a83f09.jpg

Molly Sommerville is twenty-seven. And after growing up as a bit of a trouble maker, she is finally finding her place in the world. She struggled through a lonely childhood as Bert Sommerville’s youngest
Audrey
I tried to like this book, but I really just didn't.

I was waffling between giving this book a 1 or a 2 because it's not like I absolutely hated it like some of the other 1-star books I've read. However, I didn't like it, so I don't think it really merits that 2-star "it was okay" sort of generosity.

No matter how charming, self-sacrificing, and noble the hero Kevin was, I just couldn't like or enjoy reading about the immature, periodically TSTL, and impulsively reckless heroine Molly. She was
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
I'm definitely in the minority here, but I didn't love this.

I intensely disliked Molly. I thought she was immature to the point of idiocy and I thought her actions regarding Kevin, his campground, and his career were extremely selfish and disrespectful.
Karla

5 Stars! One of my favorites in the series. Kevin Tucker...I never expected him to turn into such a gem of a man!

The deception on the part of Molly in the beginning in the book had me wondering how I was ever going to past it. I wasn't too keen on her, but I started to understand, forgave her and found myself rooting for her. Kevin Tucker is not just a football hero, he's a woman's hero. What he does and who he becomes...well they don't get much better than him. What made this book a winner was
Ingie
Written February 1, 2015

4 Stars - As always wonderfully enjoyable about gorgeous fotball men and smart hilarious women in SEP's great Chicago Stars world

The 11:26 hrs audiobook edition narrated by Anna Fields.

This Heart of Mine is the fifth in the Chicago Stars series. Seven standalone (sweet and chuckling funny) love stories. This will be my fourth. (view spoiler)
Mara
Amy
This travesty deserves 0 stars

This is basically the "love" story of a rapist (the female protagonist, Molly) and her victim (male protag Kevin).

It's every bit as repulsive as you could possibly imagine.

First, we're introduced to little Orphan Molly. She's had a crush on the QB of the Chicago Stars for years. Too bad he's never, not once, noticed her plain jane self. Then it's established that Molly has impulse control issues and needs to act out every few years or so due to her mother's
Amber
Dec 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another fabulous read by Susan Elizabeth Phillips. Top notch writing, strong, sassy and smart heroine, an element of hate to love, laugh out loud witty dialogue and a great plot. What more could you ask for?

SEP has become my go-to author. Whenever I finish one of her books, I always have a smile on my face.
Anna
Jun 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book sooooo sooooo goooood!
Oh my god! It was a re-read, but such a good one. Better than first time. huh...
******************
4th time re-reading, this time it was 4... Or i'm still in bad reading mood...
Malin
Warning! This review will contain spoilers for the book, because it's impossible for me to convey all my vitriol without going into plot specifics.

Molly Sommerville (who we first met as a frankly horrid teenager in It Had to Be You) is now all grown up and making a living as a children's book author, writing illustrated books about Daphne the Bunny, a rabbit who appears to wear designer clothes and going on adventures based on events in Molly's own life. While Molly inherited a multi-million
MBR

5++ star contemporary romance

First of all, I just have got to say, what a great read! This book has everything that makes a great romance. Susan Elizabeth’s charm never fails to evoke all the right emotions from the reader.

I haven’t really been reading the Chicago Stars series in order, a fact which I am thinking of remedying by starting from Book 1 of the series, the story of Molly’s sister which I am really interested in reading after seeing quick sneaks into her life with Dan Calebo.

Molly
Megha
May 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I can now add Kevin to the list of Shea, Lucas & Tate and Molly to Falon, Elli & Audrey.

These two are phenomenal! i love absolutely love the way this story is written! its got its moments but its hilarious! its also so visually stimulating that when SEP describes the camground and the cottages and the attic, one can actually see all of those come alive in the mind's eye. Atleast i could. and that makes reading the novel so very very enriching as an experience. Its like she is taking you
Hannah
Oct 01, 2012 rated it it was ok
I've read the majority of the Chicago Stars series, not in order, and actually started out with Match Me If You Can on accident when I found it lying around a thrift store when I was in high school. So far, I've read Annabelle and Heath's story more times than I'd like to admit, because they're just adorable and I fell in love with them.

If you've read any SEP, you know what's coming. Same basic story line, some different personalities thrown in each time. I really enjoy most of SEP's titles
Eilonwy
After getting to pages 47 to 49 and a certain incident (see spoiler below if you're curious), then checking out some GR reviews for this book, I've realized I can't continue with it. Nothing is going to redeem it for me.

I think I may have to scratch any SEP books written before 2005 or so, since this makes the second one I've tried from that earlier period which is just too problematic for me.

(view spoiler)
Nisha
Jun 30, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Nisha by: SEP fans and those who like romantic comedies
I thought I stopped judging books by their cover, but for the longest time, I couldn't pick this book up because of its not-nearly-as-exciting cover. Anyway, that was very childish of me since this happened to be one of the best SEP book I've read. I loved both Molly, for her children's books, and Kevin, cuz he's 'duh man', jk. Anyway, the secondary love story was pretty hot too (all that paint), but since they were older and both passionate artists, i had very little connection to them.

The
Jan
Jun 30, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reread May 2019. 3 to 3.5 stars. I've been rereading the Chicago Stars series. This one was sweet in parts, but a little too cutesy in other parts. I also felt uncomfortable about what happened between the MCs early in the book. No matter how sorry Molly was later, what she did was still pretty awful. Not my fav book of the series, I guess.
Mandy
Jul 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: athlete, ugly-cry
I almost gave up on this one in the beginning - it was a bit of a messy start but I'm so glad I kept going because I ended up loving this one. There were parts that made me angry, frustrated and sad but there was a lot that had me laughing out loud. This might be my favorite in this series.
Jacqueline J
So this was a reread for me and I think I liked it slightly less the second time around. As others have mentioned the heroine's actions especially at the beginning are pretty darn questionable. I'm going to drop it from a 5 to 4 star rating. It still remains a strong book on the basis of the dialog. And I've got to say I really loved the quotes from the children's books. Having led story time for too many years I could picture it and I think I would have enjoyed reading them out loud.
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Aug 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5
Piper
Jun 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2016
Another great story in this delightful series. Moving quickly on to number six.
Patry Fernandez
May 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: año-2016
ME HA ENCANTADO
Jacob Proffitt
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: steamy, romance
This book has a problematic relationship with the series—mainly in playing around with Kevin's timeline to make him old enough for Molly. You only really need to have read the first, It Had to Be You, because Molly, Phoebe and Dan all feature strongly here. In contrast, remembering Kevin from Nobody's Baby But Mine is almost a detriment because the Kevin here is some ten years past that point and thus has little in common with that callow youth.

Which presents one of the biggest problems in
Anzu The Great Destroyer
Another wonderful story brought to us by Susan Elizabeth Phillips. I must say that the whole Chicago Stars series, so far at least, is amazing. This story was simple, but what made it great were the characters. She has great talent when creating fascinating characters, and this is one of the things I love most when reading her books.

In This Heart of Mine I got attached to Kevin even since the beginning. In the previous books from the series I always sided with the girls, especially since the
Jonetta
Jan 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I really enjoyed this story featuring Phoebe Calebow's sister, Molly. The relationship that develops between Molly and Kevin Tucker was realistic and natural, despite its absurd beginning. It was a pleasure to follow them as they matured as individuals and as a couple. It was also heartwarming to see the bond that was formed between the two sisters from the first book in the series. There are many funny moments and both characters have a quirky wit that is enjoyable

This is one of my most
WORD Bangin' Book...: March Book Club Pick: This Heart of Mine 1 8 Apr 15, 2014 09:01AM

• See Jane Score (Chinooks Hockey Team, #2)
  • True Love and Other Disasters (Chinooks Hockey Team, #4)
  • Nothing But Trouble (Chinooks Hockey Team, #5)
  • Any Man of Mine (Chinooks Hockey Team, #6)
  • Sugar Daddy (Travises, #1)
  • Blue-Eyed Devil (Travises, #2)
  • The Trouble With Valentine's Day (Chinooks Hockey Team, #3)
  • Simply Irresistible (Chinooks Hockey Team, #1)
  • Smooth Talking Stranger (Travises, #3)
  • Something About You (FBI/US Attorney, #1)
  • A Lot like Love (FBI/US Attorney, #2)
  • It Happened One Wedding (FBI/US Attorney, #5)
  • About That Night (FBI/US Attorney, #3)
  • Perfect (Second Opportunities, #2)
  • Truly Madly Yours (Truly, Idaho, #1)
  • Just the Sexiest Man Alive
  • Practice Makes Perfect
  • After the Night
SUSAN ELIZABETH PHILLIPS

Susan Elizabeth Phillips is the creator of the sports romance, beginning with her 1989 bestseller, FANCY PANTS. An internationally acclaimed author, her books have been published in over 30 languages. She’s the only four-time recipient of the Romance Writers of America’s prestigious Favorite Book of the Year Award, and a recipient of their Lifetime Achievement Award.

Chicago Stars (8 books)
  • It Had to Be You (Chicago Stars, #1)
  • Heaven, Texas (Chicago Stars, #2)
  • Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3)
  • Dream a Little Dream (Chicago Stars, #4)
  • Match Me If You Can (Chicago Stars, #6)
  • Natural Born Charmer (Chicago Stars, #7)
  • First Star I See Tonight (Chicago Stars, #8)
“Did anybody tell you that you're a few french fries short of a Happy Meal?” 104 likes
“It was a kiss made in lonely dreams. A kiss that took its time. A kiss that felt so right she couldn't remember all the reasons it was wrong.” 99 likes