Start by marking “Leviathan (The Fallen, #2)” as Want to Read:
Leviathan (The Fallen, #2)

Leviathan (The Fallen (Original Numbering) #2)

3.69  ·  Rating details ·  891 Ratings  ·  54 Reviews
Eighteen-year-old Aaron is on the run from the Powers that killed his foster parents and took his younger brother, Steven. With his dog, Gabriel, and Camael, a former Power, he is drawn north to a small town in Maine. Here Aaron, who still hasn't accepted his newfound heritage, finds comfort in the isolated, tight-knit community. But when Camael and Gabriel go missing, and ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 262 pages
Published July 1st 2003 by Simon Pulse

To ask other readers questions about Leviathan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Leviathan

Amber Machado
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was sucked into this series! And its sooo good I swear each book just keeps getting better and better!
Kristen
Apr 28, 2010 rated it did not like it
Dani Noviandi
buku kedua dari serial Fallen..

sumpah, makin ngaco ceritanya, makin gak jelas asal-usulnya.

di buku pertama, Aaron, yang ternyata bukan seorang manusia (tetapi seorang Nephilim) melakukan perjalanan menuju utara dalam rangka mencari adik angkatnya yang diculik oleh kubu malaikat jahat penghancur nephilim. tak disangka, di suatu kota yang baru dijejakinya, ternyata banyak keanehan di kota itu, dan keanehan itu disebabkan oleh suatu makhluk yang bernama Leviathan, yang tujuannya hidup di dunia ini
Kate
Apr 17, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2010, age-ya, paranormal
I had to look high and low for a library that has this book, since all the copies in my town library system were missing, and when I ordered the re-release on Amazon, they decided that to ship my order in the fewest groupings meant that I have to wait until June (doesn't make any sense to me, I ordered 2 books that are out now, and 3 pre-orders, and I have to wait for both the books that are currently out). Anyway...

I was able to pick up the story without much difficulty. Aaron, the Nephilim, is
Janie Johnson
Apr 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015-challenge
This is book 2 to the fallen series. I did not find this one quite as engaging and the first one, however it was still a good read with a lot of action and excitement to enjoy.

In this installment of the series, everything continus to where it all left off and Aaron goes deeper into the Angelic wars that are going on between the Powers and the Ex-powers as he goes on a quest to Blithe in search of his foster brother. He discovers many more things that are even more difficult to fathom.

I thought t
Cathy
It was OK. I actually didn't enjoy the whole Leviathan and weird creatures thing. The heart of this story is in humanity and heavenly struggles and the monster thing seemed distracting. But I still love the dog and the angel learning to love french fries is hilarious.

Questions from this one: Was there really a war in Heaven? Were the opposing sides really good vs. evil or is there complexity to that issue? Are the forces of Heaven always united and always correct? What about the other side?
Anne
Jul 02, 2017 rated it did not like it
Did you know that Thomas E. Sniegoski have written books for Buffy the Vampire Slayer?
No? That's okay, I didn't either.
Well, let me ask you this: Have you watched the TV show?
You have?
Have you watched Season 2 Episode 12 Bad Eggs?
In that case you don't need to read this book.

Aaron, Camael and Gabriel comes to the small town in Maine
where the recidents are behaving mighty weird.
Something creepy, crawly and crablooking crawls inside of them turning them into puppets.
And what are these puppets pur
Helen Vilaranda
Dec 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 Aaron, Camael and Gabriel(I love this dog) are looking for Stevie(Aaron's brother). Camael is for some reason drawn to this small town of Blithe. Is it possible Stevie is there? What they did find was a horrible creature named Leviathan. Why did the author include this? I believe it was so that Aaron could come to terms with his angelic power and what he could do with it. I found the beginning of the book to move real slow, but as the book continued the pace got better. The big questions tha ...more
Senli Marliana
🐢🐢🐢
Kathy Davie
Jan 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Second in the Fallen urban fantasy series for young adults and revolves around Aaron Corbet, a newly awakened Nephilim, who is desperate to find his little brother, and about to arrive in Blithe, Maine.

My Take
And Aaron is still refusing to learn about his power or use it. Even when it would save Gabriel's life. Does he need to have the earth blow up before he gets the picture??? Does he have to be staked and tortured? Just how does he expect to rescue Stevie if he doesn't learn to use his abilit
Nina
Nggak disangka, aku jadi terpikat sama penceritaan Malaikat versi konvensional seperti The Fallen (lengkap sama Perang Besar, Lucifer, dan lain-lain). Biasanya, aku menyukai kisah malaikat yang lebih modern, seperti misalya Angels' Blood, City of Bones, Fallen, Personal Demons, and the list goes on.

Anyway, di Leviathan, Aaron Corbet nggak berhadapan dengan para Kekuatan (sekelompok malaikat yang bersumpah akan menghabisi seluruh Nephilim dan Malaikat Terbuang). Dia menghadapi makhluk laut paling
Yola NY
jalan cerita buku 2 ini, blum ada yg bikin aku kebat kebit. tapiiii, pas nyampe bagian epilog, duarr!! apa?? siapa sebenarnya vilma? dan apa yg terjadi pada Aaron klo dia brhsil nemuin adik angkatnya yg skrg bukan lagi sosok yg dulu???

uppss.. ntar malah jd spoiler lg..

seri fallen angel ini, lebih byk action, makhluk-makhluk seram dan menjijikkan, dan misteri baru. mulai dari perjalanan aaron bareng Camael dan anjingnya, Gabriel, dia akhirnya berhenti di blithe. nah, ini kota rasa2nya ada yg aneh
Samantha
Jun 04, 2015 rated it liked it
As the second installment to the Fallen series, it doesn't make much sense. In the first book, we left off with Aaron leaving everything behind to go find his brother. In this book he starts off by doing that, but then takes a detour on his journey to this little town in Maine. The story itself is good, I think it would have been better as an e-novella rather than part of the series. We learn very little about Aaron's new powers and how he is dealing with them. The only good thing we learn from ...more
Gemma
Apr 08, 2015 rated it liked it
While I hate giving a book a bad review as I know how much effort is put into the whole process, I just don't know much else I can say for this book.

I absolutely love the concept of this series, but the storyline of this book dragged on too much and there still has not been much of a development in the characters.

For a three hundred page book, not a lot happened and it lacked a lot of action. The characters, for me, are definitely not written to their full potential. I mean, the best character
P.M.
Jul 17, 2010 rated it really liked it
This book begins right after the end of "The Fallen." Aaron has decided to quit school and search for his missing foster brother Stevie who was taken by Verchiel, the leader of the Powers. With his faithful canine companion Gabriel and the renegade angel Camael, Aaron sets out for Maine because he has a feeling that he might find Stevie there. When Gabe is ambushed by Orishkas and bitten, Aaron must find help in Blithe. Once there, he uncovers a deeper mystery - what is holding all the citizens ...more
Linda
Jan 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Kelly
Apr 14, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2010
Picking up pretty much where book 1 left off, Aaron has left his home after the deaths of his foster parents and is searching for his foster brother who was stolen by one of the Powers. His journey leads him to a small town where things are not as they seem. The dynamic between Aaron and the Fallen Angel Camael is developed a bit more and some tantalizing hints about Aaron's parentage are dropped. My biggest beef with both of these books is that characters are introduced who die almost immediate ...more
Lori Schiele
Second Book of The Fallen. Arron has discovered he is a nephilim--the child of a union of an angel and a human woman, also considered a blight in Heaven and are hunted down by a group of angel called The Powers. With his foster parents killed by the Powers that hunt him, and his 7-year-old autistic brother kidnapped, Aaron must rely on himself, an angel, Camael and his talking dog, Gabriel to help him rescue his brother and avoid the Powers.
Not as good as the first. Still, a quick read, but not
Trinity
Mar 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Aaron Corbet has decided to embrace his angelic side, sort-of. Turning his back on his home to search for his little brother, Stevie, Aaron encounters much more than he bargained for.
The small town of Blithe, Maine had drawn Aaron in. So much so he decides to talk a job and rent a room. But the glamor of the town quickly wears off as Aaron discovers something is truly wrong with the people.

I hate to write anything else because I feel I will be giving things away but this book (Leviathan) is just
Christine
May 01, 2015 rated it did not like it
The minute that I read the prologue, I was like, gods, no, they made the most fascinating and intriguing biblical villain all mellowy and boring. Because well, who he was was pretty obvious.

(Or maybe I'm wrong and it isn't who I think it is.)

Still.

Camael and his god damn french fries! Sigh. I like him better now. Aaron is still a sissy in this book though, so still no love for him.
n7of9
Oct 24, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I was hoping Leviathan would up the ante on The Fallen, but it seems that it was just am 'filler' to (hopefully) set up a good story for the NEXT book. I will continue to read the series as i quite like the easy yet interesting style of writing.

I was tossing up between 2 stars or 3 stars, but decided on 3 as I really like Aaron's character and am quite interested in the behaviour and quirks of the angels.
Leslie
Sep 03, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: juv-fiction
Started this one at 2 and had it finished by 3:30. It was an interesting side trip from what I feel was the main story, but Im hoping the next two finish up the wonderful story that was begun in the first. There are clues as to what's coming and I'm pretty sure I have the end figured. Can't wait for the others to come in to finish this saga.
Holly
Jul 25, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
This book took me longer to finish because I did not think the storyline was as interesting as the first in the series. After reading the book, I didn't feel like I knew a whole lot more about Aaron. This could be because I am most interested in Aaron rescuing his brother and discovering who his real father is. I'm interested to find out how this book will fit into the series overall.
Donna
May 20, 2009 rated it liked it
Aaron Corbet has accepted his role as savior for the fallen angels. He is trying to save his younger brother from the Angelic Powers who have taken him. His pursuit leads him to a small town that has been taken over by Leviathan and a fight he was not expecting.
Written for a young adult but too good to leave for such a small audience.
Khubeyah
Jan 13, 2015 rated it liked it
I got a little hooked on the series. The books are OK and the story is fantastical. I would recommend to an adolescent who may not read much, but this book could change that. The story is simple and not too complicated.
Clearani Luh
:3 yeah finally there's no verciel :D akakaka but the little army still annoying me specially the leviathan iuch... it is the big and scary monster and also suck .. you know it eat anything even human and dog gosttt.... but the best thing is aaron could be a wonderful angel :D i like it
Jennifer Ashburn
Jan 19, 2011 rated it liked it
Really slow like the first one at the beginning, the last 1/4 of the book finally got interesting enough for me to finish. Still took longer to read than normal and I am afraid to pick up the next in the series
Angelic Zaizai

Emmm ga seseru buku pertama, jadi gitu deh..
abisan masa sih Gabriel (yang malaikat, bukan si anjing) cuma segitu doang kemampuannya :D :D

Kesian Stevie =____=

tahanan itu pasti lucifer kan kan kaaan....

Seneca Massie
Oct 20, 2010 rated it liked it
It was a bit too much like Steven King for me. Dont get me wrong I love me a good King novel but I wasnt expecting that at all. It was kinda like reading The Tommyknockers all over again. But alas I continue with the series.
  • Genesis (Ther Melian, #4)
  • Sleeper Code (Sleeper Conspiracy, #1)
  • Tom Finder
  • Fallen Angel
  • Rebel
  • The Calling
  • Falling Angel
  • Concrete Savior (Dark Redemption, #2)
  • Heaven Sent (Fallen Angel, #3)
  • Demon (The Fallen, #2)
  • Demon's Fall
  • Honey Trap
  • Breath of Angel (The Angelaeon Circle, #1)
  • Stones Unturned (The Menagerie, #3)
  • The Observer
  • Fallen Angel Volume 1: To Serve in Heaven
  • Trinity (Brethren, #1)
  • Nephilim (Academy of the Fallen, #2)
THOMAS E. SNIEGOSKI is the author of more than two dozen novels for adults, teens, and children. His teen fantasy YA series Fallen was adapted into a trilogy of monstrously successful TV movies by ABC Family Channel. His other books for teens include Sleeper Code, Sleeper Agenda, and Force Majeure, as well as the upcoming series The Brimstone Network. The author's first adult novel, A Kiss Before ...more
More about Thomas E. Sniegoski

The Fallen (Original Numbering) (7 books)
  • The Fallen (The Fallen, #1)
  • Aerie (The Fallen, #3)
  • Reckoning (The Fallen, #4)
  • End of Days (The Fallen, #3)
  • Forsaken (The Fallen, #4)
  • Armageddon (The Fallen, #5)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Sanctuary (Nomad, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mechanica (Mechanica, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Wired (Wired, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Bandwidth (An Analog Novel Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sufficiently Advanced Magic (Arcane Ascension, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Bees
    $12.99 $1.99
  • The Land: Founding (Chaos Seeds, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Mists of Avalon (Avalon, #1)
    $12.99 $2.99
  • Fool's Assassin (The Fitz and The Fool Trilogy, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
  • Friday
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Dhalgren
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Homeworld (Odyssey One, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Recurve (The Elemental Series, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Out of the Black (Odyssey One, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Acacia: The War with the Mein (Acacia, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Menagerie
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Black Bird of the Gallows
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Red Mars (Mars Trilogy, #1)
  • The Gods Themselves
  • Making History
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Heart of Matter (Odyssey One, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • The Birthday of the World and Other Stories
    $11.49 $1.99
  • Obsidian Son (The Temple Chronicles, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49