Start by marking “Kindergarten Day USA and China/Kindergarten Day China and USA” as Want to Read:
Kindergarten Day USA and China/Kindergarten Day China and USA

Kindergarten Day USA and China/Kindergarten Day China and USA

Experience a day in kindergarten in the USA and China.
Readers spend a school day with two kindergarten classes in this flip-me-over book. First visit a class from Schenectady, New York, and then meet a class from Beijing, China, as children learn and play with their teachers and classmates. Clocks throughout the book show the time in the USA and in China, noting that when
Published July 1st 2010 by Charlesbridge Publishing (first published 2010)

Be the first to ask a question about Kindergarten Day USA and China/Kindergarten Day China and USA

Start your review of Kindergarten Day USA and China/Kindergarten Day China and USA
Heidi-Marie
I thought this might be a fun one with my stepdaughter's connection to China (both through her father and now me). Very simple. Each story ends rather abruptly. But gives an idea of the things each class does, while also showing a bit of time. And the pictures are interesting. She didn't get to this one on her weekend with us, but maybe the next one. Or she may like it better after having experienced some Kindergarten herself.
Amanda Vail
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This would be a great book to read to students to show them that even though people look different and live far away, we are the same in a lot of ways. I would use this is a social studies class to teach how people around the world are alike and different.
Abby Johnson
Jul 17, 2010 rated it liked it
With clear, colorful pictures the book examines a day in an American kindergarten class. Flip it over to see a day in a Chinese kindergarten class. The message is clear that "we're all alike" and personally I would have liked to learn a little more about the differences, but there is a definite audience for this book. Kids just starting school will be reassured by the clear depiction of what they'll be doing and the multicultural aspect is a nice bonus.
Karina Espinales
This book uses the language Mandarin Chinese and English.It is nonfiction. The words are defined on each page. It also shows the time that the students are having class. The book compares and contrast the way that the students have class in China and the United States. The students will learn the Chinese language and how the students are very similar.
Patty Barr
Feb 02, 2012 rated it liked it
This is a flip book, and shows how much alike we are with Chinese kindergarteners. The kindergarten classes I read it to enjoyed it.
Sarah Napientek johnson
Nov 07, 2018
Elisabeth
Jun 13, 2017
Zainab
Apr 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is one of the first book in the kindergarten readiness series. Zainab liked this one a lot because of the comparison between children in kindergarten in China and in the USA.
Miss Melissa

• Jamaica's Blue Marker
  • Courage
  • After the Fall: How Humpty Dumpty Got Back up Again
  • Earth: Feeling the Heat
  • One Love: (Multicultural Childrens Book, Mixed Race Childrens Book, Bob Marley Book for Kids, Music Books for Kids)
  • The Only Road (The Only Road #1)
  • Inside Out & Back Again
  • Give Bees a Chance
  • La Frontera: El Viaje Con Papa / My Journey with Papa
  • The Good Egg
  • Life
  • The Invisible Boy
  • The U.S. Constitution (American Symbols)
  • Wemberly Worried