Start by marking “Natural Born Charmer (Chicago Stars, #7)” as Want to Read:
Natural Born Charmer (Chicago Stars, #7)

Natural Born Charmer

(Chicago Stars #7)

4.15  ·  Rating details ·  32,260 ratings  ·  1,653 reviews
Chicago Stars quarterback Dean Robillard is the luckiest man in the world: a bona-fide sports superstar and the pride of the NFL with a profitable side career as a buff billboard model for End Zone underwear. But life in the glory lane has started to pale, and Dean has set off on a cross-country trip to figure out what's gone wrong. When he hits a lonely stretch of Colorad ...more
Published February 6th 2007 by William Morrow (first published September 25th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Natural Born Charmer, please sign up.
Violeta Yes. Every book by SEP can be read as a standalone, but characther of other books can make an apperance

·  32,260 ratings  ·  1,653 reviews

Start your review of Natural Born Charmer (Chicago Stars, #7)
♥Sharon♥
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I listened to this one this time and I have to say the narrator was pretty fantastic. Some how she made me love Dean and Blue’s story just a little bit more. I think what made this story so special was the additional love story we get with April and Jack.

I’ve been missing SEP’s writing and this one did the trick. 💕

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Wow, what a ride that was. I started the Chicago Star’s Series just a little over a month ago and I LOVED every single one of them. But I do have a favorite. Dre
Mo
May 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I checked my kindle account to see when I first read this series. It was back in 2011. Devoured them at the time. It was probably prior to joining Goodreads so never did a review. I recently re-read the series. Well, I skipped Heaven, Texas - not sure why. But all the others have been solid 5 stars for me. I was a bit hesitant to re-read this one. I had originally five-starred it. But Dean appears in Match Me If You Can and I really wasn't a fan. He was a jock, wore diamond earrings, was cocky. ...more
It's just me Shelly B
"It wasn’t every day a guy saw a headless beaver marching down the side of a road, not even in Dean Robillard’s larger-than-life world. “Son of a…” Dean slammed on the brakes of his brand-new Aston Martin Vanquish and pulled over in front of her."

That's where Dean Robillard meets Blue Bailey. In a headless beaver costume walking down a deserted highway and his life was forever changed when he offered her a ride....for better or for worse he's still not quite sure.

You see Dean's a pretty boy, he'
Mo
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My 2020 re-read/listen ...

Just as good as previous reads/listens!

I know every time I read (or re-read) these books, I keep saying the character from that book is my favourite and I chop and change everytime I switch books but I honestly think Blue is one of my favourite characters from SEP. And Dean ain't half bad either ...

And as for Jack and April ...

And good luck to your team tonight, whoever you are shouting for! I will read about footballers but I know nothing about the game ... well I do k
Karla

5 Charming Stars! Wasn't so sure if I would like Dean...and I didn't...I LOVED HIM!!

A Gypsy Caravan...
 photo 52cc86b4-d71a-4bee-9117-df0fa5e2bb62_zpse48c821f.jpg

photo caravan_zps6bcef483.jpg

A Flashlight...
 photo Virtual_Flashlight_zps65246880.jpg

and Dean Robillard...SWOON!
 photo deanrobillard_zps51aea87b.jpg

Equals sexy good times...wow that was HOT!

I got more than I bargained for with this book, it was way more than just a contemporary romance. This book was about family, mending relationships, and building new ones. The witty banter had me snickering, especially the verbal smack-downs between Blue and Nita...hysterical.

Finally, however,
peachygirl
Sep 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2020
Honest to God, I went in expecting to be charmed by Dean and Dean only, but I fell head over heels for Blue, beaver suit and all. Her wise assery has no match. SEP has written one hell of a heroine!
Every time Dean and Blue got into an argument, I was laughing my heart out.
Dean and Blue's first meeting, the charming town run by nobody's bitch Ms. Nita, Dean's backstory, his adorable half sister Riley and his parents' budding romance, pretty much everything about this book was so freaking entert
Karen
Mar 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
5 STARS

Here we are at book 7 of the Chicago Stars and we’re still flying high! These books are just so good. They’re like sex on the beach or oodles of chocolate, or champagne and strawberries. I don’t care how many she writes… I’m sure I’ll read and love them all! But my reviews unfortunately are starting to sound like a broken record. So I’ll try to keep it short and sweet.

This one features the Stars’ latest Quarterback superstar, Dean Robillard, the NFL’s current golden boy. And honestly… a
Christina ~ Brunette Reader
Sep 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Christina ~ Brunette Reader by: Ian

3,5 "Charm Me" Stars

Dean Robillard and Blue Bailey couldn't be more different, but destiny has devised a Colorado road and a beaver costume to have their path cross. NFL hunky golden boy meets quirky bohemian girl and from there on it's all a fun romantic romp taking them eastward to a Tennessee farm where a bit of family drama and a lot of sizzling chemistry will bring them together, while Dean's glamorous lifestyle and Blue's restlessness will try to keep them apart.

Engaging writing and sp
Lisa Kay
Tennessee Farm

★★★★★ (This is a review of the audiobook.) Man-oh-man! I love this book. I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve read it. It is on my “re-read-for-comfort” shelf, which I desperately needed now. My life is currently too crazy to sit and read, so I popped in my ear buds and tried the audiobook this time, narrated by the wonderful Anna Fields.

I have heard nothing but great things about this reader, so I don’t know why I waited so long to listen to a story she narrates. If a char
Anzu The Great Destroyer
I have to start with this: WTF??? Headless beaver? Seriously?? I was on the floor laughing because of this. I didn’t read the summary (as my bad–and-not-so-bad habit dictates) so the surprise was awesome! I knew I’d fall in love with this book, and I did. It was insanely good.

It’s been a while since I laughed so much from reading a book. My mum was giving me awkward faces because of the stupid grin I had. Sooooo many funny moments! If I’d have to pick my favorite quotes from this book I’d just c
Coffcat
Aug 03, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
I'll be honest. I didn't finish this book. I got about 3/4 of the way through and had to quit. I thought the story premise was terrific but the author seemed to suffer quite a bit from the "lets see how many crazy/quirky characters we can stuff in one book" syndrome. There were too many extreme characters, too many plot lines happening and the heroine was just plain odd. Not a normal person in the bunch. Reading it was like playing a game of what if. What if you took a famous football player, gi ...more
Jen
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobooks
This series is just getting better and better to me! I love each of the stories that I've listened to so far, but I really loved this one. It was by chance that I was able to get this audiobook right away and I listened to almost all of it in one day. After just having listened to Match Me If You Can, I was excited to get Dean's story.

Each book is about a different couple and can be read as a standalone. This is Dean and Blue's story, but what I loved it that is it wasn't just about them. This w
Ummi
Nov 25, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chicago-stars
Could a book makes you deliriously happy? I mean, really. But then, this book did it for me. I grin like a fool after reading this book. I feel deliriously happy it was ridiculous. After all, it is just a book. Not just any book , though. It's the latest one from the Chicago Stars series. And I love every single second of it! I really do. It makes me sigh with longing to have what Blue and Dean have with each other. Pathetic, I know. But the book done that to me. Better than fairy tale.
Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (SLOW)
♥♥♥Beautiful and emotionally fantastic family read! This book will always be one of my favorites♥♥♥

I'M JUST SO HAPPY RITE NOW !!!YEAAAA ! A FIVE STAR ! LOL feels good :D

AHmazing continuation to this fabulous and fun series !!
LOVED the whole family to pieces ! especially Dean's parents (Jack & April )and good old Mrs.granier!!!
Ingie
Jan 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Ingie by: Nika
Written September 19, 2014

4.1 Stars - I love this authors style and characters - guaranteed easygoing, heartwarming cute and good outside-in.

Book #7

January 2014Nika (5 stars) told me Natural Born Charmer is the best one in this Chicago Stars series. We will see!!
April 2014Kathleen recommended it as well. She does always know what I would like to read.
September 2014 — I used my free coupon and downladed this 12 hours audiobook narrated by Anna Fields (..faultlessly).
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

There are a
Holly
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!

Including this book, I have only read two books by this author (the other is Dream a Little Dream) - and I have loved both! This may be a new favorite contemporary romance author for me. This book is so full of emotions, complex characters, relationships (both family, friends, and romantic), funny/witty/sarcastic dialogue - it really has it all! I'm adding this book to my favorites shelf. Highly recommended. Also, this is a really good audiobook.
Eilonwy
Driving along the highway to visit his new farm in Tennessee, pro quarterback Dean Robillard spots a woman in a beaver costume walking along the side of the road and offers her a ride ... and of course true love follows.
But the road to love is never smooth, and traveling over those bumps and detours was great fun with this book. Dean and Blue both have big-time family issues, plus the town where his farm is located is owned by one very cranky old lady, so the romance story also features a great
Tonya
“Life sure is easier when you're rich."
"And a natural born charmer. Don't forget that part."
"How could I?" she retorted. "It's the only thing we have in common.”

I actually had this at a 4 because I added it to GR after I'd already read it many times. But even though I haven't read it in a while I have to up this to a five since it's on my re-read list and is a good slump buster for me. I've read this book so many times. It just makes me laugh and makes me cry. It's even a little angsty. I just
Piper
Jun 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2016
5 totally charming stars!!!

I loved this story!! Actually I loved each installment of the Chicago Stars series and I'm anxiously awaiting the eighth book which is to be released in five short days. Or make that five long days!!! Susan Elizabeth Phillips can weave a tale and make you laugh as well as cry. She is one talented writer!!!
Mandy
Jul 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: funny, athlete
I really enjoyed the banter in this book - probably some of the best banter I've ever read. There was one scene in this entire book that I didn't like but overall, I really enjoyed this one and the whole series. I can't recommend this whole series enough - it's funny, sweet, emotional... it's just fantastic..
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 4 STARS ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Ian
Jun 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
The beaver marched right past, her big flat tail bouncing in the gravel, and her small, sharp nose stuck up in the air. Way up. The beaver looked highly pissed.

She was definitely a girl beaver because her beaver head was missing, revealing sweaty, dark hair pulled into a short, scraggly ponytail. He’d been praying for a little distraction from his own depressing company, so he threw open the door and stepped out onto the shoulder of the Colorado road.

From the very first page, Blue Bailey has bee
Anna
Sep 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Just a balm for my soul! Thank you, SEP!

October 2018
4 stars... Too much SCs stories ... I skipped a lot
Too shitty parents of both MCs, thank god they didn't grow up and became awful people... Some people don't deserve to be a parent!!!!
Nisha
Jun 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who wants a good romantic comedy
My original review is waaay below, which was written after the first time I read this. But after my 2nd time, more than 2 years later, I think that it's the right time to write an updated review.

I must warn everyone that I am a die-hard Susan Elizabeth Phillips fan. But at the same time, I know how to be critical of her stories when I need to be (really, I have been...for a few of them). This book is sorta an extension of the Chicago stars series, but even Ms. Phillips says that she doesn't rea
Amber’s reading
My favorite of the series. This book was fabulous. I listened to the audiobook, which was read by the best audiobook narrator of all time, Anna Fields. While I love reading SEP’s books, I love Anna Fields so much that it’s a must that I listen to her narration.

This book is so hilarious and touching and just made me happy throughout, I had a perma-smile.

While on a cross country road trip, Chicago Stars quarterback Dean Robillard comes across a hitchhiking woman in a beaver costume. He gives her
Nefise
It was good and a classic SEP story.

There are enjoyable secondary characters and story is based on being family, forgiveness, making peace with one past mistakes and acceptance of one's own feelings and fears. So it was good to reading it and I had a good time. Though I can't say same thing about romance part in the story. When I captured myself their building relationship and chemistry, scenes were changing and concentrated on other characters and after a while I adapted on family concept on th
Char
Sep 17, 2007 rated it it was amazing
This book isn't perfect, and some of SEP's plot devices are repeats from other books, but my love for it is pure and strong. Why? For me, it's all about the characters, both Blue and Dean, but also Riley, Dean's parents, and Nita. I tend to whip through SEP's fun, funny books and, in the end, feel warm, tingly, happy and thoroughly satisfied. Love it! This one is my fave to date. It resonated.
Cheri
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have to admit I was ready to give Dean a head smacking. Luckily he redeemed himself,lol. I loved the characters in this book. Blue always cracked me up. The dialogue with her and Nita had me in stitches! Another great book by SEP!
Wollstonecrafthomegirl
I have ruminated on this. I mean, SEP is kind of a phenomenon, right? Not so much this side of the pond (where romance is a somewhat sidelined genre of literature in general and thus no one is really a phenomenon) but in the States she's like a Big Deal? I certainly cannot remember the last time I read a book with Good Reads reviews of 20K+. So I suppose my expectations were high and this ended up on my TBR pile somehow, so some blog or reviewer I respect must have liked it. But I've got to say, ...more
What's the Name o...: SOLVED. Fiction - NFL Star with estranged famous rock star dad [s] 5 43 Jan 29, 2019 03:35PM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 5 Dec 21, 2015 04:19PM
Favorite character? .... Why him? 4 114 Aug 05, 2013 10:58PM
Madison Mega-Mara...: natural born charmer 1 6 Jun 24, 2013 06:32AM

• See Jane Score (Chinooks Hockey Team, #2)
  • Smooth Talking Stranger (Travises, #3)
  • Blue-Eyed Devil (Travises, #2)
  • Any Man of Mine (Chinooks Hockey Team, #6)
  • Simply Irresistible (Chinooks Hockey Team, #1)
  • Nothing But Trouble (Chinooks Hockey Team, #5)
  • True Love and Other Disasters (Chinooks Hockey Team, #4)
  • The Trouble With Valentine's Day (Chinooks Hockey Team, #3)
  • Sugar Daddy (Travises, #1)
  • Truly Madly Yours (Truly, Idaho, #1)
  • Something About You (FBI/US Attorney, #1)
  • Bet Me
  • Just the Sexiest Man Alive
  • Paradise (Second Opportunities, #1)
  • A Lot like Love (FBI/US Attorney, #2)
  • The Penalty Box (New York Blades, #4)
  • Tangled Up In You (Truly Idaho, #2; Writer Friends, #3)
  • After the Night
SUSAN ELIZABETH PHILLIPS

Susan Elizabeth Phillips is the creator of the sports romance, beginning with her 1989 bestseller, FANCY PANTS. An internationally acclaimed author, her books have been published in over 30 languages. She’s the only four-time recipient of the Romance Writers of America’s prestigious Favorite Book of the Year Award, and a recipient of their Lifetime Achievement Award.

Susan'

Chicago Stars (8 books)
  • It Had to Be You (Chicago Stars, #1)
  • Heaven, Texas (Chicago Stars, #2)
  • Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3)
  • Dream a Little Dream (Chicago Stars, #4)
  • This Heart of Mine (Chicago Stars, #5)
  • Match Me If You Can (Chicago Stars, #6)
  • First Star I See Tonight (Chicago Stars, #8)

Articles featuring this book

Lyssa Kay Adams' new romantic comedy, The Bromance Book Club , is about an all-male book club determined to find their own HEAs.
“She thought it over, but couldn’t see any immediate loopholes other than the threat of her inner slut emerging, and she could darned well control that little bitch.” 78 likes
“Do you really expect me to fall apart every time another woman throws herself at you? Because, if that's so, I'll be a nervous wreck before the honeymoon's over. Although, if they do it in front of me..."
He went still. "Did you just propose to me?"
She bristled. "Do you have a problem with that?"
The scoreboard lit up, and he gave the world a high five. "God, I love you.”
70 likes