Start by marking “Snow White” as Want to Read:

(Pixi-Bücher #830)

Spared by her would-be executioner, Snow White finds a home with seven kindly dwarfs, but the hateful queen who wants her dead will stop at nothing to be the most beautiful woman in the land. A poisoned apple seems to send Snow White to her death, but true love brings her back, and good once again prevails.

Paul Heins's graceful words and Trina Schart Hyman's expressive art
Hardcover, Silver Anniversary Edition, 48 pages
Published November 30th 1974 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (first published 1812)

To ask other readers questions about Snow White, please sign up.
Toni • Reviews & Randomness If you're asking about the edition illustrated by Camille Rose Garcia then it's the original Grimm's Fairytale and as such a lot darker than the…moreIf you're asking about the edition illustrated by Camille Rose Garcia then it's the original Grimm's Fairytale and as such a lot darker than the Disney version so this is not for children. I'd say teenagers and upwards.(less)

Hannah Greendale
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: oddities

In this simple yet gruesome tale by the Brothers Grimm, the beautiful princess Snow White must contend with a jealous stepmother who longs to be the fairest in the land.

First published in 1812, this German fairy tale is not the bright and playful, sing-song tale produced by Walt Disney Productions in 1937. This story of the "child as white as snow, as red as blood, and as black as the wood of the window fra
Aishu Rehman
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs: The Art and Creation of Walt Disney’s Classic is a lovely book that is worthy of any Disney fan’s collection. It provides a rare glimpse into one of the most iconic and important films of all time, making this book important to any collector of film memorabilia. It’s really that good. This book is definitely more like your traditional “art and making of” book, while The Fairest One of All is more of an expanisve history plus art. I loved this book much more than ...more
Melki
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: folk-fairy-tales
Of all the Grimm brothers' horror stories, this one is perhaps the creepiest.

In a fit of pique, a narcissistic queen demands Snow White's lungs and liver (in this version), then eagerly devours the organs she believes belong to her stepdaughter. Given a reprieve by her would-be killer, Ms. White disappears into a dark and scary forest only to discover a small cottage where she makes herself at home, then falls asleep. Later, she awakens to find herself surrounded by small men. They allow her to
Daiane
Mom always tells me stories about how I liked movies when I was a kid. An Snow White was one of the movies she had to hide from me. Watching a movie a lot of times is common for kids and it's the time when the parents can relax. Well, not for my parents. For me Snow white was one of the most sad movies. I would cry all the time and scream "OMG! That is so sad! She is alone in the forest! How poor"

After reading it again, after my own "character development" from my own story, I still feel sad.
Snow White by Jacob Grimm Snow White, Jacob Grimm, Wilhelm Grimm
The story of an evil queen determined to do away with a girl--with skin as white as snow, lips as red as blood, and hair as black as ebony--who threatens the queen's quest to remain the most beautiful in her kingdom. "Snow White" is a 19th-century German fairy tale which is today known widely across the Western world. The Brothers Grimm published it in 1812 in the first edition of their collection Grimms' Fairy Tales. It was titled
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Vera Southgate
This book retells "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" in lively, natural language to help children develop the confidence to read alone. Level Four is suitable for children who are ready to read longer stories with a wider vocabulary.
تاریخ نخستین خوانش: سال 1977 میلادی
عنوان: سفیدبرفی و هفت کوتوله؛ بازنویس: ویرا ساوتگیت؛ مترجم: حسین فتاحی؛ تصویرگر: استیوئرت ویلیام؛ تهران : قدیانی، کتابهای بنفشه، 1393؛ در 31 ص؛ مصور؛ شابک: 9786002511270؛ چاپ دوم 1394؛
Ahmed  Ejaz
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: short-stories, 2017
Finally I did it! Read one of the most beloved fairy tales.
I had the few ideas about the plot but I hadn't read it before.
I had seen some parts of it in a drama. I think in "Shakalaka boom boom".
Regardless, I enjoyed reading it. This tale is the best example of jealousy. Some people take jealousy at such level that it becomes their death. They just burn in jealousy and can't be contented.
Ending seemed to be inspired by the Sleeping Beauty. Don't why if it's just me. But I felt that. Or maybe
Ahmad Sharabiani
Snow White, Wilhelm Grimm, Paul Heins, Trina Schart Hyman (Illustrator), Jacob Grimm
"Snow White" is a 19th-century German fairy tale which is today known widely across the Western world. The Brothers Grimm published it in 1812 in the first edition of their collection Grimms' Fairy Tales. It was titled in German: Sneewittchen (in modern orthography Schneewittchen) and numbered as Tale 53. The name "Sneewittchen" was Low German and in the first version it was translated with "Schneeweißchen". The
Ken
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Disney have just released an epic boxset featuring all 55 animated classics, it was an instant purchase!
I also like to read the book before watching the movie, so this was a great opportunity to tick off so many great tales.
Quite a few of them are also part of the Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge.

So first up is the one that started it all: Snow White.

Everyone knows that basic story of this fairy tale, a jealous Queen is determined to kill her beautiful stepdaughter Snow White. Seeking sanctuary i
Sarah Churchill
Apr 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
I own almost 500 books, and this is by far the most beautiful (you don't know how hard it was not to write The Fairest of them All'. Puns).

Every illustration and piece of typography is a work of art. A gothic, creepy work of art.

I'm not sure I've ever read the original story before, I'm obviously more familiar with the Disney version, because this... this is messed up. The kids in the Grimm family must have had some issues.
Umut Reviews
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love Love Love these editions. That are so pretty, illustrations are amazing. There's also Alice in Wonderland and Cinderella. Totally recommend.
Melanie (TBR and Beyond)
This book would get five stars for me for the illustrations alone. This book is a work of art. Page-after-page of stunning, frame-worthy pictures. I almost want to buy a second copy so I can tear it apart and put it on my wall.

The story is one most of us know. Snow White is chased into the woods by her Evil Step-mother, presumed dead and goes to live with seven little men (bit shady!). I don't think I had ever heard this version though. Snow White has multiple attempts (and successes) made on l
Willow
Sep 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I just love the artwork in this book!

I also thought it was cool that they left all the grim and creepy tidbits from the original fairytale.
Manny
Apr 11, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: children
For the benefit of those people unfortunate enough never to have read Let Stalk Strine , may I take this opportunity to bring you:

Snow White and the Severed Wharves

Snow White was a beautiful young Strine secret service agent. In private life she was a doctor of philosophy and a connoisseur of immersion heating. As a counter spy (officially known as 004), she was noted for her dexterity with the hypodermic syringe and for her unswerving promiscuity in the service of her country.

Her most remark
Marine
Seriously: Snow White is the silliest character I've ever met. How could you be so naive despite all dwarves' warnings? And MOST OF ALL : how could you consent to marry someone you knew for a second only because he tells you that he has feelings for you? Are you that narcissic? (that prince is also very dumb since he never talked to her - he was just barely looking at a dead mannequin?!)

Ew. Next.
Tisha
Jul 08, 2018 rated it liked it
I would have given it a four. But the finishing was quite abrupt! So, three it is.
Ari
Sep 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First of all, Snow White is an idiot. Dude, STOP OPENING THE DAMN DOOR!

But I love the Brothers Grimm's stories and it was a pleasure to read.

The artwork is so eerie, a little creepy, and yet gorgeous. A ton of thanks to my best friend for gifting me this much-desired copy of the book.
Tina
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
I'll probably give 5 stars to almost anything that has Camille Rose Garcia's name on it. This edition is simply stunning!
Bitchin' Reads
Man, I just have to say: storytelling has greatly and magnificently progressed over the centuries. Reading some the the Brothers Grimm tales has me appreciating the literature I get to experiences today.
Isabella
Jul 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Who doesn't love an old fashioned fairytale? Admittedly a little more gruesome in its original version, but I loved reading this classic!

My favorite actress portraying Snow White in motion picture...

I also love the cover art of this particular edition...
Cheryl
Apr 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Of course the pictures are gorgeous. I love the individual dwarfs, especially. But really, the more I think about this, the more I get exasperated with the tale. SW is pretty, but stupid. (Fool me once....) And the prince loves her before he even sees her breathe, promises her marriage before knowing anything about her expect that her appeal will fade in just a few years....
Linda
Nov 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Snow-White has to flee when the evil queen realizes that she is more beautiful than her and wants to kill her.

The Grimm version had some surprises. (view spoiler)

It was something weird about the dwarves obsession with Snow-White. The transparent coffin, which enabled them to look at her from all sides, was strange. She was on display. The prince who found the
Caz (littlebookowl)
Oct 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
I was of course aware of the Disney's Snow White, but had yet to read the Grimm brothers version. However I bought and read this purely for the pleasure of looking at the amazing illustrations from this book.
To put it simply: it is beautiful. The illustrations and typography are amazing, gorgeous and just so good to look at. It was an extremely quick read, but I spent my time savouring each page and looking at all of the details on every single page.
I feel that if you have not read Snow White,
Shabana Mukhtar
Aug 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Non-review rant
I have read in Urdu and then English. Have read many re-tellings as well. Why haven't I reviewed it yet? This time, it was an audiobooks.
Review
Well, the story is so widely known that I don't really need to write anything about that. It is a cute story though - making me wany my complexion white as a snow and lips red as blood. Ahem!
Verdict
3 stars. I would have rated 5 if I was decades younger ;-)
Andy
Apr 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: art-gallery, kidstuff
The telling of "Snow White" gets a very exciting makeover courtesy of Camille Rose Garcia's dazzling artwork. Her work is resplendent in color with endless drabs of vertical stalactites framing each image. The typo work by Roberto De Vicq De Cumptich compliments her Goth meets Fleischer Brothers aesthetic beautifully.
Amy
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The original Grimm's tale is indeed grim, possibly a bit scary for little children. These illustrations by Trina Schart Hyman are SWOON-worthy and so enchanting! We looked at these over and over again.
Set
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Snow White is one of my favorite fairy tales, even though it doesn't involve fairies but instead witches and hexes. The illustrations are gorgeous and the story is very well told.
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
weird mix of snow white and goldilocks
Elisa The-Bookie-Monster
I love these editions and I want to buy more! The artwork is interesting, spooky and beautiful. I never realized Snow White was 7, but I guess that's because I've only watched the Disney movie lol
❆ Crystal ❆
5 stars. This is the original story of Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.

• The Sleeping Beauty
  • Hansel and Gretel
  • The Elves and the Shoemaker
  • Beauty and the Beast
  • The Bremen Town Musicians
Jacob Ludwig Karl Grimm, German philologist, jurist and mythologist, was born at Hanau, in Hesse-Kassel (or Hesse-Cassel). He is best known as the discoverer of Grimm's Law, the author of the monumental German Dictionary, his Deutsche Mythologie and more popularly, with his brother Wilhelm, as one of the Brothers Grimm, as the editor of Grimm's Fairy Tales.

(From Wikipedia.)

Pixi-Bücher (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • Wenn der Dezember naht (Pixi)
  • Schlaf, Kindlein, schlaf! (Pixi, #96)
  • Drei kleine Küken (Pixi, #163)
  • Sommerfest im Wald (Pixi, #122)
  • Tobias trödelt (Pixi, #861)
  • Abend (Pixi, #103)
  • Katzengeschichten (Pixi, #144)
  • Jakob ist ein Zottelbär (Pixi, #93)
  • Ein Ausflug mit Teddy (Pixi, #37)
  • Schneewittchen und die sieben Zwerge (Pixi, #143)
“Once upon a time in the middle of winter, when the flakes of snow were falling like feathers from the sky, a queen sat at a window sewing, and the frame of the window” 1 likes
“Mirror, mirror on the wall,
Who is the fairest one of all?”
0 likes