Start by marking “Messages from Michael (Messages from Michael, #1)” as Want to Read:
Messages from Michael (Messages from Michael, #1)

Messages from Michael

(Messages from Michael #1)

Recounts the first contact made by a group of friends with a mass of spirits known as Michael, sharing the voices' messages on life and beyond.
Published December 10th 1995 by Berkley Trade (first published 1979)

To ask other readers questions about Messages from Michael, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Messages from Michael

Start your review of Messages from Michael (Messages from Michael, #1)
Amanda Lyons
Apr 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: the curious
Recommended to Amanda by: Kelly
Whether you take this book as factual or not the ideas presented here are quite interesting. I read many new age, afterworld and other religious and supernatural books looking for my own beliefs. Here I found several points that seemed quite valid to what I feel the afterlife might be like. If nothing else it's an interesting book to read and consider.
Rogier
Apr 25, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spirituality
This book is very interesting.

It offers a view from a higher framework of our apparent holographic reality in this worldly experience, based on a channeling experience over many years with an entity of many "souls."

It is not particularly easy to frame this book, or summarize it, other than to say that it is clearly very authentic, and may be helpful to some as a paralell to the notion of a holographic reality, and a description of more of the mechanics of what that means, and how patterns fit
Tom Palmer
One of my core metaphysical books. The start of a series of four enlightening adventures into personal existence. Keep in mind that this is is not intended to cover all there is to know on the subject. Like a teacher in school, Michael is focusing on one single aspect of human life, particularly, the personality, how it is constructed and how it expresses itself. It all might seem crazy at first, but please stick with it and you will gain many insights into the people you encounter.
Mark
Five star rating is for those who have not yet experienced this incredible book.

Returning readers -- If you are already versed, however, and are considering purchase for the last bit of new material, it is not necessary or significantly different from Michael's channeled messages in the totality of the original texts. I bought for the revision and do not suggest that expenditure unless you peruse this material with great enthusiasm.
Keith McArthur
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Thought provoking covering 25 years of encounters with Spirits via an Ouija board. Highlights include reincarnation of souls into the same one of seven Souls types which you can take a test to see which you are mostly aligned with: Servers, Artisans, Warriors(Me), Scholars, Sages, Priests, Kings. Says how in each life you choose one major task and work to accomplish it. You pick a spirit guide to help you through your life(i.e. that little voice that talks to you - intuitions).
Keith
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
A very thought provoking book covering 25 years of encounters with Spirits via an Ouija Board. Highlights include 7 types of soul’s which don’t change life to life(reincarnation):
Servers, Artisans, Warriors(via online test - this is my soul type), Scholars, Sages, Priests, Kings. Jesus is an infinite soul.
In each life you choose one major task and work to accomplish it. You pick spirit guide to help you through your life - open up your mind(i.e. Meditation) to communicate with them.
Taryn
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting viewpoints on the soul and its evolution.
Tambre Bryant
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An awesome introduction to the truth of our existence.
Carson hall
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-books-ever
I really wish that more INFPs knew about this. So many followers are INFPs and I can understand why. Amazing!
La Coccinelle
This material has been around for over thirty years, and yet this is the first book about the Michael teachings that I've actually read. I was somewhat familiar with some of this stuff, having read about it online.

"Michael" is the name given to a group essence from the Mid-Causal plane that comes through a Ouija board to impart wisdom to humanity. Yes, you read that right. No, I'm not kidding. How the message was delivered doesn't really bother me; I've read quite a few of the Seth books by Jane
Wesa
Apr 21, 2007 rated it really liked it
I read this book back in the early 80s, and I'm currently re-reading the 25th anniversary edition, which is essentially the same book, but has additional comments from Michael as notated by other people than those used in the original edition. The differences are quite small but potentially important.

I don't know if Michael is what they say they are: a group entity of human souls on their way back to re-integration with the source of all souls. At this particular stage in their evolution, it is
Robbt E
Dec 15, 2012 rated it liked it
I read this book years ago, and it was the first "channeled" book that I read. I found the ideas refreshing and speculation inducing to my teenage psyche. I haven't read it again even though I found it at a thrift store. I really don't know how I feel about writers utilizing the narrative of the channel to proclaim a somewhat omniscient perspective or at least whether it comes from a higher self, a imagination or whatever. The prevalence of channeled ideas creates an interesting belief ...more
yamiyoghurt
Jun 30, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: esoteric
Interesting. I'm not sure if I understood all of it, probably need a second go at it sometime later. It offers a higher perspective of life.

"Why should we bother with this stuff?"
Because you choose to do so.
"Will any of us understand it in this lifetime?"
If you work very hard.
"Is it even necessary that we understand it?"
It is not necessary. Eventually, in other lives, it may be.
"Then why should we bother?"
To learn. To know. To satisfy your curiosity. To be free.
"Is that enough?"
It is all there
jacqs
May 24, 2008 rated it really liked it
An interesting account about the spiritual planes and reincarnation and souls, as told through an ouija board by an entity known as Michael (not the arch-angel). As such channelings go, this one seems like a classic. I like the fact that the spiritual "system" is cohesive, coming from a single divine source, rather than an author creating a mish-mash of his or her favorite ideas and philosophies. The ouija board messages are quoted directly, and the rest of the text is a personal account of the ...more
Robert Morrow
Jan 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
Whether or not you buy into channeling spirits, reincarnation or the eternal soul, the theory of human personality behind the "overleaves" is brilliant. Yarbro's chapters are somewhat pedestrian; the real meat is in the words of the entity Michael, written in big capital letters throughout. If you can overcome your prejudices about "New Age" literature, you might gain a different and helpful perspective on life and your fellow humans.
 michelyn
Aug 23, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: people who enjoy edgar cayce
I met Chelsea Quinn Yarbro 10 yrs ago 'by accident" (there are no accidents) and she took one look at me, held my hands and told me I am a young warrior soul. I believe she is right. This genre takesyou out of your comfort zone and you must suspend disbelief. And yes, I met Michael.

Poett
Apr 15, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Seekers
Maybe it is my time now, but I really enjoyed the ideas here
Sandy

• Life Between Life
  • Eagle's Gift
  • Soul Speak ~ The Language of Your Body
  • A Search for the Truth
  • The Nature of Personal Reality: Specific, Practical Techniques for Solving Everyday Problems and Enriching the Life You Know
  • Despair
  • Another Roadside Attraction
  • The Secret Life of Plants: A Fascinating Account of the Physical, Emotional and Spiritual Relations Between Plants and Man
  • The Season of the Witch
  • Journeys Out of the Body: The Classic Work on Out-Of-Body Experience
  • Crush
  • Sweet Dreams
  • White Light
A professional writer for more than forty years, Yarbro has sold over eighty books, more than seventy works of short fiction, and more than three dozen essays, introductions, and reviews. She also composes serious music. Her first professional writing - in 1961-1962 - was as a playwright for a now long-defunct children's theater company. By the mid-60s she had switched to writing stories and ...more

Messages from Michael (4 books)
  • More Messages from Michael (Messages from Michael, #2)
  • Michael's People (Messages from Michael, #3)
  • Michael for the Millennium (Messages from Michael, #4)