Start by marking “American Apocalypse” as Want to Read:
American Apocalypse

American Apocalypse

3.8  ·  Rating details ·  114 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
In the not so distant future, the American economy fails, stumbling from a sharp decline into full out collapse. One casualty of the fallout finds himself homeless in the suburbs of Washington D.C. and faces new challenges at every turn just trying to survive. As he changes and adapts he learns hard lessons, makes new friends and ultimately becomes a formidable force of ha ...more
Published November 11th 2009 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about American Apocalypse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about American Apocalypse

Mar 13, 2013 rated it did not like it
Sometimes, I think self-publishing is the worst thing that has ever happened to the printed word. Anyone with something to say can get their book out there, looking like a legitimately vetted piece of work. And we end up with this.

The main character is completely unlikable. He changes motivations as often as the clock changes time. Had he stuck with one or the other or even the other motivations, he might have made sense. People don't use contractions, which is very odd, unless he was trying to
Felicia A
Apr 30, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: teotwawki
Interesting take on the fall of our American way of life. Gritty and real, scary for sure, but perfectly possible. Probable, even. Timely, given the current state of our country and society.

Apparently, this book came about through the author's blog posts. I have never seen the blog, but I can see how he would have a lot of followers if the thoughts in this book are his.

Mr. Nova, however, should seriously engage the services of a good editor before he ever publishes another book. This one was ba
Kym Robinson
Apr 03, 2014 rated it it was ok
I purchased this book some time ago after it was suggested that I should read it along with some other titles along the same theme, the post apocalyptic world and its survivors.

Whether it is post nuclear, zombie hordes, civil war, post World War three, etc etc. It is a popular theme to imagine a World where what we took for granted and found security in has become shattered. From the rubble and ruins of the positive before, the few survivors do their best to salvage a life and avoid the uncertai
Jan 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: end-of-the-world
Yea, I dug this book. Not the best writing/story telling but...hey, I'm obsessed with WSHTF. I just wish Nova would have gone more in depth on why and how the CRASH happened. You get bids throughout the whole book. Some interesting stuff.
Jason Fedler
Sep 10, 2010 rated it really liked it
Author has lots of grammatical errors and doesn't seem to understand the difference between "an" and "and", "to" and "too" and "two" and a couple other things like that, which I found a bit annoying, but it wasn't so annoying as to keep me from continuing to read it.
Apr 15, 2011
Jul 19, 2014
Brian Shafer
Jan 09, 2014
Mar 17, 2012
rated it did not like it
Oct 06, 2012
Nov 12, 2014
John Powe
Jun 19, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
I am a writer among other things. I wrote, "Police Battalions of the Third Reich" and the "American Apocalypse" series.
More about Nova...