Start by marking “American Beauty (The A-List Series #7)” as Want to Read:
American Beauty (The A-List Series #7)

American Beauty (A-List #7)

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  2,863 Ratings  ·  44 Reviews
It's graduation time for the A-List crew. That means lavish yacht parties, designer caps and gowns, and saying bye-bye to high school for good. Despite the festivities, Anna isn't in a partying mood. Ben's been acting distant and she is worried. Maybe her father's hot tattooed intern, Caine Manning, will help cheer Anna up Ever since her illicit kiss with Parker, Sam has b ...more
Published August 1st 2008 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (first published August 6th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about American Beauty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about American Beauty

Chasity
Jan 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lauren R.
This series definitely weighs on you after a while lol. Anna is so exhausting and annoying. The constant brand names and recaps about characters/past books is just not necessary. I like books involving the end of high school but it's not easy to relate to that premise with characters like these. I'm eager to finish off the series and still generally enjoy it.
Sylvia
Jun 07, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is about a group of rich girls living in a full of drama world. When i was reading this book, i felt that i was watching one of those reality T.V shows. There were people fighting over a guy, someone trying to get her boyfriend back, daughter to father problems, and many more.

I like reading these kinds of books because it's really realistic and i can relate some of these problems to my life. For example, one of the girls in the book lost her mother. This can relate to my life because
Destinee
Whitney
American Beauty is the seventh book in the A List series by Zoey Dean. I'm not sure how I keep allowing myself to get through these nauseating books, but they are a little bit addicting. The A List refers to a group of four girls who attend Beverly Hills High, all of whom are extremely wealthy, extremely attractive, or both. And the incessant descriptions of the characters' outfits and surroundings constantly remind the reader of this fact. Of course this is the appeal of the books. They go hand ...more
Amanda
So like the other A list books, this is a continuation of the series, picking up where the other one left off. In the last book, Eduwardo catches Sam drunkly making out with Parker on Prom night. He was supposed to surprise her, but he ended up being surprised himself. Sam didn't even have time to explain herself. Anna on the other hand, is back with her on and off again boyfriend, Ben who came for the summer. Cammie is still trying to search for her mom killer, although she got some answers. Th ...more
Manoja K.
Tiny Pants
Sep 24, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
If you look at my "currently reading" or recently read books, yes, it's depressing -- it takes me ages to read "real" books, but I can polish off an A-List in just a couple of hours. Sigh.

In any event, this volume in the continuing A-List saga was surprisingly unhorrible. I think the biggest difference is they have finally made Anna much less of a focus for the books, so there's less about her patrician looks, whining about Ben, thinking about how her mother does things, etc. Instead, we get mor
Yasmina
Apr 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I can connect to Anna because sometimes when I feel like something isn't right I follow my insicts and try to fix it. Just like Anna did and fi
Librariann
It's graduation time for the class from Beverly Hills High. Anna's worried because Ben is being distant. Cammie's trying to track down her suddenly absent father so she can ask him what really happened the night her mom died. Sam embarks upon a mission to win back Eduardo, complete with 100 cell phones while Dee embarks on a mission to have sex with Jack in as many unique places as possible. Fitting fluff for those who have been following the series thus far.
Jessica
well there were no editing errors here that i found but it wasnt all that great anyways. For all of its shock value promises there wasnt anything that got more emotion out of me than "hmm thats interesting." everyone is still exactly the same as the first book. anna is still wishy washy, cammie is still bitchy, sam is still insecure, and dee is still nuts (though less so than previously) so glad to be nearly done with this series
Andrea
Jul 05, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Graduation comes to BHHS and Drama comes with it. Cammie comfronts her father about her mothers death, and Sam Comfronts her mother while trying to win Eduardo back. Anna is back with Ben but notices that something isn't right. At Stephanies party Sam gets her ultimate revenge and Anna finds whats been up with Ben. After graduation Anna becomes her own heroine and walks away from Ben and goes with Caine.
Hadley B.
Nov 09, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: yes
very good book so far
same characters as other ones in series.
deff. one of the better books in the A-list series
if you like the other ones you'll for sure like this one..
its one of those books you'll have a hard time putting down.
Tami
Jan 15, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010-read
to think, 7 books done and it is just 6 months of time. i liked this book, more than the last, but it is still leaving me wanting to read the next book. there might never be closure for these characters, but i wish there would be. on to the next.
Katya
Tiia DiiiTZY
typical teenager book , A teen has a mother and father spilt up and has to go back and forth with an money well not so much problem but , yes .
Haughtmomma
Thought it would be like Gossip Girl, but just a bad tween read.
Patty Lazatin
14/50 why do I feel like no couple is safe in this series? #2013books
Camila
Oct 30, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must read!
Raina
Aug 19, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great beach reading. Very quick read!
Kate
Nov 13, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The 7th novel of the A List Novels. Do I really need to write a review for this one? The "gang" graduates with lavish parties and yachts galore.
Meaghan
Jan 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
can annn and ben ever just be happy?
Kristen
Oct 05, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm seriously running out of things to say…exquisite? Hey! I haven't said that yet!
Mary
Jul 03, 2011 rated it it was ok
As I get farther into the story the more the books drag. It could be that I can barely keep my eyes open right now because I stayed up really late last night but this one is the worst yet.
Madeline
Jul 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Zoey Dean is an amazing author. I enjoyed this book a lot, but, like every book, there are some boring parts. The whole Adam & Cammie discovering her late mom got old to me after a while.
PWRL
Ridiculous, no?
Steph
Jun 06, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fands of The A-List, It Girl, Gossip Girl, Clique
This book wasn't excruciatingly horrible, as some other "teen ckick lit" I've read lately. My advice: don't read it unless there is nothing else lying around to read.
Kelsey
Sep 08, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love getting sucked into their drama filled lives. All of these books keep me wanting more.
  • Lucky (It Girl, #5)
  • French Kiss (Alexa & Holly, #2)
  • Skinny-Dipping (The Au Pairs #2)
  • Scandal (Private, #11)
The author of The A-List series and How to Teach Filthy Rich Girls, which has been renamed and turned into a TV show known as Privileged on the CW in September 2008. Zoey Dean's books are produced by the media packager Alloy Entertainment, which created Gossip Girl, The Clique Series, and The A-List and sold them to Little, Brown and Company.
Zoey is currently working on The Talent series. She is
More about Zoey Dean...

A-List (10 books)
  • The A-List (A-List, #1)
  • Girls on Film (A-List, #2)
  • Blonde Ambition (A-List, #3)
  • Tall Cool One (A-List, #4)
  • Back in Black (A-List, #5)
  • Some Like It Hot (A-List, #6)
  • Heart of Glass (A-List, #8)
  • Beautiful Stranger (A-List, #9)
  • California Dreaming (A-List, #10)

Young Adult Deals

• Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • These Vicious Masks
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Hundredth Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Queens of Geek
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Door Within (The Door Within, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Georgia Peaches and Other Forbidden Fruit
  • Allegedly
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Gone Crazy in Alabama (Ala Notable Children's Books. Middle Readers)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Been Here All Along
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
  • Bad Boy
    $7.74 $1.99
  • Season of Fire (The Remnants, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Haunting Season
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Season of Wonder (The Remnants, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99