Start by marking “Sentinels: Jaguar Night (Sentinels #1)” as Want to Read:
Sentinels: Jaguar Night (Sentinels #1)

Sentinels: Jaguar Night (Sentinels #1)

3.7  ·  Rating details ·  236 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
At dusk he prowled the Southwest, a huge, sleek black jaguar with startling blue eyes and a man's thoughts. A shape-shifting Sentinel, Dolan Treviño projected an intensely animalistic aura that hid the scars of his past. Yet as fierce as his pride was, this immensely powerful guardian needed the intuition and spirit of an innocent horse trainer to find redemption.

The momen

ebook, Silhouette Nocturne #64, 288 pages
Published May 1st 2009 by Harlequin Silhouette Nocturne

To ask other readers questions about Sentinels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sentinels

Crystal
Oct 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vamp-were
I was pleasantly surprised by this series. My thought was eh, it's a numbered romance that just happens to feature shifters. How much excitement could it possibly contain (outside the usual TSTL h and overbearing jackass H). A lot in fact. The h...has issues with the shifters. Her mother was a shifter and... her help never arrived, she was badly injured, and died. The shifters didn't figure the kid worth fooling with since she couldn't shift. Ooops. The H's brother was the help that died en rout ...more
Kathy
Setting: Southwest – Encontrados Ranch – main house, casita, barns, sheep pen, corrals, abandoned old shack with outhouse,

Characters:
Meghan Lawrence: daughter of a semi-Sentinel coyote shifter; mother went on a mission when she was 10 and never returned; Meghan blamed the Sentinels and cut herself off; she as some of her mother’s power – healing, ward building, second sight; she runs a ranch, with a family she brought together, that rescue abused horses;

Dolan Trevino: Sentinel; his older broth
Diane
A shifter romantic suspense w/some unique bits of world-building

This is the first PNR I've read by Doranna Durgin, though I've enjoyed a number of her fantasies and a mystery or two. I'm pleased to see that she maintained her standards of building three-dimensional characters and an exciting, coherent plot, even with the addition of more sexual content.
Meghan is the non-shifting daughter of a loving coyote-shifter mother who had little to do with the shape-shifter organization who call themselv
Angela
The first of her Sentinels series of paranormal romances, Jaguar Night is basically Doranna Durgin Does Shapeshifters. The worldbuilding is a bit thin for my tastes: you've got the Sentinels vs. the Atrum Core, who are two warring factions theoretically descended from a pair of half-brothers in ancient Britain, one a Druid and the other from a Roman father. The Druid descendants are the Sentinels who can shapeshift and do your basic grab bag of other magical abilities, while the Atrum Core are t ...more
Donna
Oct 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: uf-pnr, romance, 2014
Such an intriguing series. I started with #5 "Kodiak Chained", loved it, and decided I wanted to read the series in order. As fascinating as are the concepts (amulets, tracings, wards, shields, etc), what holds my attention is the writing and the style of story telling - a mixture of action, suspense, and introspection. The plot itself is fairly simple but it's the richness of the writing that moves this series into the upper echelon of paranormal romance. The characters are complex, talented, a ...more
Caro
Sep 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: h-mnb-s
This was a good book. I loved the characters and the story line. I wouldn't mind reading it again either. There were emotions, action, some suspense, history, connections, and written well enough to pull you in. I laughed some, got angry, encouraged the characters, held my breath, and wanted to put the Ka-Pow moves on some people. The ending was great and had me almost standing up and pumping my fist in a 'Oh yeah, take that you puny pompous puss pocket of an a**'. Sorry...had to get it out of m ...more
Shanna Jones
I thought the book was okay. It held my interest for the first 3/4 of the book, but the ending just kind of dragged on. And I felt like there could have been more closure. All in all, though, it was a good read.
Shanna_redwind
This was a good paranormal romance. I enjoy stories of shapeshifters, and this fit the bill quite nicely. If you're looking for a quick fun read, with a lot of romantic tension and a hero who is not infallible, but needs help from the heroine and admits it, this is a great read for you.
Angie
Book #198, for 2009

Series (not in Goodreads)
Book #197(A) Wild Thing (short)
Book #198, Jaguar Night
Book #199, Lion's Heart
Catherine
4 out of 5 stars.
Amanda Oscar
Aug 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I cant say anything bad about the Sentinel Series! everytime another book comes out, i just want more! Love to re-read these too :) cant go wrong!
Stacie
This is a shiftshaper story but I have to admit that I did not finish this one. I just could not get into the story and felt that the lead characters did not have much chemistry.
Polly
Oct 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Paranormal Suspense at it's best. Strong characters, strong supporting characters, great storyline.
And, villains that you just love to hate. Great entertainment!
Good story, well written and love the whole Sentinel thing they had going. the reason for 3 stars I felt some scenes just dragged out too much. Im hoping the rest in this series dont do the same.
Cindy
Oct 26, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A read once... Not bad but I won't be actively pursuing the rest of the series.

Sentinels
1. Jaguar Night (2009)
2. Lion Heart (2009)
3. Wolf Hunt (2010)
Amanda
Mar 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Read 10-15x
Good plot, characters, and a believable story line- it's a good paranormal romance quickie.
Mary Quattlebaum
Feb 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Coyote finally meets a Jaguar and sparks fly! She initially hates him due to what the group did to let her mom die but circumstances throw them together for a cause (to keep her ranch safe).
Lynn Calvin
Amazon preorder,Amazon received
Andrea
Aug 22, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. The downside is it was felt rushed to me. The plot was great as were the leads. I can't wait to read more of this series.
Stephanie
It was a harlequin. What else needs to be said?
Rachel
Dec 11, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good read. Interesting plot and characters.
Marquise Bryan
Oct 26, 2016
Dee
Jun 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Alpha Wolf (Alpha Force, #2)
  • Wild Hunt (Unbound #3)
  • Vanished (Guardians #3)
  • Captive of the Beast: A Standalone Knights of White Novel
  • Son of the Shadows (The Gifted #3)
  • Red Wolf (Wolf Moons, #1)
  • Heiress to a Curse (Drakon Clan #1)
  • Black Magic Lover
  • Mistress of the Underground (Secret Vampire Society #4)
  • Fury Calls (The Calling #7)
  • Holiday with a Vampire III (Secret Vampire Society #2)
  • The Protector (Time Raiders #4)
  • Immortal Wolf (Draicon Werewolves, #5)
  • Dragon's Lair (The Drake's #1)
  • Dark Deceiver (The Esri # 2)
  • Incubus
  • Renegade Angel (Hearts of the Fallen 0.4)
  • Aftershock

Backlist eBooks Author Page:

FaceBook

Doranna responded to all early injunctions to "put down that book/notebook and go outside to play" by climbing trees to read & write. Such quirkiness of spirit has led to an eclectic publishing journey, spanning genres over 30 novels to include mystery, SF/F, action-romance, paranormal,
More about Doranna Durgin...

Sentinels (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Lion Heart (Sentinels #2)
  • Wolf Hunt (Sentinels #3)
  • Tiger Bound (Sentinels #4)
  • Kodiak Chained (Sentinels #5)
  • Lynx Destiny (Sentinels #6)
  • Alpha Rising (Sentinels, #7)
  • Leopard Enchanted (Sentinels)
  • Lion Heart (Sentinels, #2) / Wolf Bait
  • Kodiak Chained / The Gatekeeper (Sentinels)
  • Leopard Enchanted / Dragon's Promise (Sentinels)