Start by marking “Common Sense Christian Living” as Want to Read:
Common Sense Christian Living

Common Sense Christian Living

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  58 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Believing that the wisdom and common sense set forth in Scripture can be applied to the most troubling issues of daily life, Edith Schaeffer supplies straight answers to life's perplexing questions
Published January 1st 1997 by Baker Publishing Group (MI) (first published August 1st 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Common Sense Christian Living, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Common Sense Christian Living

Heather
Apr 27, 2007 rated it liked it
Ever since studying under Francis Schaeffer through his video series "How Should We Then Live?" I've wanted to pursue his words and learn more about L'Abri. Through a mentor at church, I'd heard bits and pieces of wisdom from Edith Schaeffer and always found them thought-provoking and wise. For these reasons, I chose to get to know Edith on a more personal level through reading her works. Although I found some of the ideas a bit simplistic and seemingly redundant, she made several key points tha ...more
Theresa
Mar 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
A book I have returned to over and over again through the years of being a wife and mother!

Edith Schaeffer's "Common Sense Christian Living" presents encouragement to maintain a home with structure, beauty and intelligent planning in today's world of busy schedules and mixed commitments. Her forthright reasoning brings stability to those who may be unsure of the worth of home and family when our moral compass has been confused by society's influences.

Mrs. Schaeffer offers insightful solutions fo
Stacey
Jul 24, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone wanting a better understanding of what it means to live with Christian common sense.
Shelves: studies
I truly enjoyed reading this book. I tried to take it slowly, and more study it than just breeze through because there was so much information. I know I could read it again and more would find it's way into my mind, but that will be for a later date. I enjoyed Mrs. Schaeffer's ability to explain things on simple terms, every day terms, ordinary terms. My thought process has changed due to this book, and I am grateful for that.
Naomi
Nov 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
I read this book based on a recommendation by Ann Voskamp (author of "One Thousand Gifts"). Overall, this book was fantastic. I thought it was a little slow to start off, but the last half was pretty practical and had wonderful, thought-provoking chapters. This book will definitely be on my read-again list!
Hope
Jan 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Another winner from Edith Schaeffer. She's the cheerleader for the thousands of Christian women who struggle to build a meaningful home life for themselves, their families and their guests. So important in a culture where stay-at-home moms (women without "real" careers) are dismissed as not doing anything important. Schaeffer was a sane voice in a mad world.
Rhonda
May 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
I truly enjoyed this book. Mrs. Schaeffer put great thought and sensitivity into each chapter. By far, the last chapter was the most inspiring for me, Sensible Balance in the Building and the Battle.
Michelle
Dec 26, 2010 marked it as to-read
Rec. by Ann Voskamp
anika
Jun 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing
an absolute MUST read
Barbara Radisavljevic
This book seeks to increase understanding of the meaning of the 10 Commandments in everyday life.
Linda Richardson
Andi
Sep 22, 2007
Steve Schaper
Nov 20, 2011
EDITH SCHAEFFER is the widow of Francis Schaeffer, and with him co-founder of L'Abri Fellowship. Her many books include A Celebration of Children and The Life of Prayer. She passed away in 2013.

Recognized internationally for his work in Christianity and culture, Francis A. Schaeffer authored more than twenty books, which have been translated into a score of languages and sold millions worldwide. H
More about Edith Schaeffer...