Start by marking “Preacher: Dead or Alive (DC Comics)” as Want to Read:
Preacher: Dead or Alive (DC Comics)

Preacher: Dead or Alive (Predicador (Norma Editorial, España))

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  317 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
The acclaimed VERTIGO series PREACHER may have come to an end, but its haunting imagery lives on in PREACHER: DEAD OR ALIVE — THE COLLECTED COVERS. In the tradition of THE SANDMAN: DUST COVERS — THE COLLECTED SANDMAN COVERS book, DEAD OR ALIVE is a comprehensive collection of every cover painting of PREACHER by fan-favorite artist Glenn Fabry, in a handsome softcover editi ...more
Published November 1st 2000 by Vertigo DC Comics (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Preacher, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Preacher

HeavyReader
Aug 06, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: big fans of the Preacher series
A book of pictures more than words, this is a collection of the covers Glenn Fabry painted for the Preacher series. I read all the words and looked at all the pictures in under an hour.

The art is nice to look at, and Fabry makes (mostly short) comments about each painting. Garth Ennis comments on some of the paintings too, but not all of them.

I can't imagine who but the most die-hard Preacher fan would buy this book; I'm glad I was able to borrow it from the public library.
John Shaw
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
PREACHER was
Groundbreaking
Brilliant
Amazing
And visually stunning
Thanks in no small part to
The artwork that
Fabry provided for
The entire run of the series.
Let me say that again
ARTWORK
Fabry didn't just slap
Together a tired old
Comic cover.
He created art that grabbed
Your attention
And tied the whole series
Together.
I loved PREACHER
In no small reason
Because of the brilliant
And often fucked up
Work of Glenn Fabry.
Mike Cruden
Sep 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book showcases the superb covers that Glenn Fabry painted for the Preacher series, including specials, mini-series and trade paperback covers. Fabry’s covers were an essential part of the package that made Preacher one of the outstanding series of the nineties, and here they all are, printed on high quality paper and with amusing little background commentaries by Fabry himself and author Garth Ennis; Fabry’s comments are mainly concerned with the successes or disappointments with the techni ...more
Gina
Nov 14, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have never read the "Peacher" series, but my best friend shoved this is my arms last night (as I was "borrowing" some comics at her house) and told me to look at it. It's pages of Garth Ennis's cover art for the books and it's pretty great stuff if not exactly my cup of tea. (My friend likes gory stuff; I'm a wimp).
Andy
Jan 16, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
an art book collecting all the work done by Glenn Fabry for the Preacher series published by DC. Not a week goes by that i don't crack this open and take a look at the work done by Mr. Fabry. Probably my favorite art book- lotsa pics and a little commentary by the artist himself and the writer of the series, Garth Ennis.
Ryan Werner
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, anthologies
It's the covers to Preacher, their original sketches, and some (mostly mindless) commentary. At their best, Fabry's paintings summed up the feelings swirling around anywhere from an arc to the full damn run. A great treat for Preacher fans and maybe something to make a believer out of the uninitiated.
Feather Mista
Feb 02, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Los mismos.
Recommended to Feather by: Lo mismo
La mayoría de los dibujos están muy buenos y varios de los comentarios en referencia a ellos que hacen Ennis y Fabry también, pero no es precisamente una biblia con los secretos de Predicador. Leído dentro del Nuevo Testamento del Predicador Integral.
Annette
tulip. we all died.
Sam
Jul 31, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A lot of nice art in this but that's all it is. The artist does point out fun and sometimes fascinating points in the pictures. Dislikes & likes of the picture are pointed as well.
Annie
Apr 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
graphic novel series

beware: sex, violence and strong language
  • Preacher Special: Cassidy: Blood and Whiskey
  • Wormwood: Gentleman Corpse, Vol. 3: Calamari Rising
  • Dungeons & Dragons, Volume 2: First Encounters
  • Lucifer, Vol. 8: The Wolf Beneath the Tree
  • Kid Eternity
Ennis began his comic-writing career in 1989 with the series Troubled Souls. Appearing in the short-lived but critically-acclaimed British anthology Crisis and illustrated by McCrea, it told the story of a young, apolitical Protestant man caught up by fate in the violence of the Irish 'Troubles'. It spawned a sequel, For a Few Troubles More, a broad Belfast-based comedy featuring two supporting ch ...more
More about Garth Ennis...

Predicador (Norma Editorial, España) (1 - 10 of 36 books)
  • Predicador: Todo queda en familia, 1