Start by marking “Exclusive” as Want to Read:
Exclusive

Exclusive

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  6,925 Ratings  ·  371 Reviews
Barrie Travis is a damn good reporter stuck at a low-budget television station when the First Lady calls her—and offers her the opportunity of a lifetime. Stunned by the loss of her infant son, the president’s wife hints he may have been murdered. Barrie sets out to find the truth, fighting for the exclusive story with the help of Gray Bondurant, a mysterious former presid ...more
Audio CD, Abridged, 0 pages
Published February 28th 2010 by Brilliance Audio (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Exclusive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Exclusive

Mo
Nov 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First off, can this woman write a bad book?

This quote is from the TV series, "The Newsroom" - it's not meant to insult anyone, especially Americans but I thought it was appropriate especially regarding the subject matter of the book.

No stars could be seen, of course, because of the city lights. But there was a pretty moon.

This one probably dropped a star as I really wanted some more one on one time for Barrie and Gray... where was it?

Barrie Travis is stuck at a low-budget independent televis
Phrynne
To be completely honest I found this book to be a bit average which is a shame because I know lots of people who think this author is the best thing since sliced bread. The story was far fetched and the characters unbelievable. On the other hand it was very readable with plenty of action and a nice little twist at the end. A book to read on the beach or on a plane.
-Ya
Jan 04, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sandra-brown
Can the nation be conned by men in absolute power?

It is the premise of Exclusive, I think and one I was curious to know how the story unfolded. But the interesting premise was followed by shallow characters, forced/alien romance and a disorganized storyline. It took me a while to finish this long book and evidently, I would not recommend:/
Carol  MacInnis
Jan 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense, romance
I won this fabulous book from a contest on Goodreads! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Barrie Travis is holding down a job as a reporter at a low-budget television station. Barrie was a good broadcast journalist but unfortunately, the stations management (and her 'creepy' boss) blocked her ideas to produce feature stories and instead give her menial 'junk' to report. She just needs one big break. Then, the First Lady of the United States, Vanessa Merritt, called to meet Barrie not long after Vane
Jane Stewart
2 stars. At best OK, but forgettable. Nothing new or different.

Barrie is an investigative reporter looking into bad things done by the President. Gray used to be one of the President’s advisors. He is helping Barrie.

Gray is smart and always right. Barrie argues with him on almost everything. The effect is similar to “they are hiding, he tells her to be quiet, and she says loudly why.” She also assumes incorrect things, frequently. I was annoyed with some of her actions.

There is too much ponderi
Books.Paper.Mania
May 02, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There hasn't been a book written by Sandra Brown that I didn't like. I'm a huge fan of her and addicted got her genres and writing. She's the best in Thriller-Romance. I've read so many books for her and I wait for her books every year. Her writing style is just amazing.

Every now and then, I have to read a Thriller-Romane which is my favourite category/genre and who's better than Miss Brown?!

I had this on my shelf for over a year and thought it's time for some action and a lil bit of romance. Th
Sue
Apr 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exclusive by Sandra Brown.

Sandra Brown always writes the kind of book that you don't want to put down. Just as one chapter ends with loose ends, you can't help but turn the page to the next chapter. If you haven't read Sandra Brown and you like an realistic story lines that twist and turn, this is an amazing novel.

Exclusive is about a reporter who is trying to get an exclusive report when the First Lady contacts her and reveals hints about troubles in her life and troubles in the White House.

Did
Awilk -never sleeps-
I've had this on my shelf for a while. It was a book I picked up on sale and put away not sure when I would read it. That was a mistake. I loved this story. Once I started I couldn't put it down. I ignored everything and just read until it was finished, and now I am depressed that it is over. This makes it hard to decide what to read next, as it will have to be good to match up how much I enjoyed this.
Now I am going to find more stories by this author and continue to read more of her stories. I
kingshearte
Feb 07, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, fluff, 2011
I was thinking that this book was rather more like the ones of hers I enjoyed reading some years ago, and then I discovered that it was first published in 1996. That explains it, and does contribute to answering my wondering as to whether her writing has gone downhill or whether I've just outgrown it.

Don't get me wrong; it's still total not-especially-well-written fluff (Among other issues, it included the words "equally as." Automatic fail.). But this was vastly better fluff than the last few o
Trudy Miner
Mar 30, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When reporter Barrie Travis was called by the First Lady to meet her at a private cafe in Washington, little did she know that this meeting would be a pivotal point in her life and the beginning of the end of the current administration. Following the meeting with a very distraught First Lady, Barrie begins to suspect that her infant son didn't die of SIDS as announced and Barrie began to try to uncover the truth. This led her to Gray Bondurant, former confidant of the President, who mysteriously ...more
Georgiann Hennelly
I was hooked from the start . It has humor , suspense, romance and action. The first lady calls Barrie Travis out of the blue to join her for tea. Barie follows up with a formal interview about the death of the First couples baby from Sids. During the interview the Presidents wife hints that the baby may have been murdered. Barrie sets out to find the truth, fighting for the exclisive story with the help of Gray Bondurant ; a mysterious former Presidental aide. But their scoop tests her ethics, ...more
Eva
Oct 05, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Sandra Brown always writes the kind of book that you don't want to put down. Just as one chapter ends with loose ends, you can't help but turn the page to the next chapter. If you haven't read Sandra Brown and you like an realistic story lines that twist and turn, this is a great one.

Did the baby really die of SIDS
Lynn Crouch
OK, was only going to read books where I could learn something when I picked this up dusting the bookshelves a few days ago. Sadly, I learned nothing, but couldnt put it down. My husband is now reading it and he cant put it down. How do you rate a book with absolutely no literary value that stops you from doing anything else but read. This is a great mystery with a surprise ending and some romance thrown in. I probably wont remember it a month from now but it was a great afternoon.
Lia Rock lantz
Very good read. Only a couple sex scenes for those of you want to know. Really didn't notice too much foul language. I thought I had it all figured out but the ending threw me for a loop. Happy Reading!
Mishelle
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
great book with many twists and turns!
Dawn
Sep 07, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't like this as much as I've liked her others. It was decent, with some good twists, but I guess I expected more.
Diane Perry
May 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great plot, suspense and characters. This was a recommended by a friend a didn't disappoint. The ending was nice case of justice serve too. A must read.
Judi R.
Nov 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
Wonderful thriller right through the final page. Surprises and twists galore.
Ann
The story is a standalone book.
Leslie
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was...oddly written and ultimately disappointing. Just when you thought the truly terrible people in the story were going to get what they deserved, the author would throw another unnecessary curve ball at you, screwing up everything she had just set up.
Throughout the book we are led to believe that the U.S. President is terrible in every way, and along with the usual extramarital affairs and dirty deals, he also has murdered not one, not two, but three people, including two infants, w
Jessica
On the bright side, since I didn't particularly like this book I wasn't terribly upset about my copy falling apart at the seams. I knew I'd read this book but when I realized I'd never reviewed it I decided a reread was in order in my seemingly never ending quest to clear my shelves of books that won't be joining me in my next move. I have NO idea why but I really thought, for an embarrassingly long time even, that the plot of this was that something happened with the president and the president ...more
Korakot
อานปี 2560

ติดใจนิยายของSandra Brown มาจากเรืองเพลิงรักในลมหนาว Mean Streak(หาอารีวิวไดในหมวดนิยายโรมานซสืบสวนนะคะ) เลยตามหางานเขียนเกาๆ ไดเลมนีมากอนคะ กลรักในเกมลวง Exclusive ในราคาทีลดเยอะมาก เหลือเลมละ50บาทเอง👍🏻

สงสัยเราคงคาดหวังกับเลมนีมากเกินไป เพราะเรืองMean Streak สนุกกวาเลมนี จริงๆถาไดอานกลรักในเกมลวงกอนเราอาจจะชอบมากกวานีนะคะ พอดีมีขอเปรียบเทียบจากเรืองMean Streak เลมนีเราเลยเฉยๆ

แตกอานอยางรวดเรว เพราะอยากรูตอนจบ แบรรีเหมือนจะเกง หัวไว แตกทำพลาดเสียเรืองหลายอยาง ดีทีเธอรูตัววาตัวเองชอบใชค
michael dykes
she is a good writer. The only thing that I didn't like was her love story with the main character Barrie and Gray. Im never a big fan of action books Id rather watch the movie. But I did enjoy this read. I didnt know that it was written in 1996. Her writing has got better since then.
Catherine
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow... that sums it up. Sandra Brown once again wrote a book that had me on the edge of my set with great characters and a story so complex I could not begin to guess how it would end. I am addicted to her books.
Donna Mcnab
Did the President's baby really die of SIDS or was he murdered? Barrie Travis, a TV news reporter, thinks that there is something suspicious happening when the First Lady asks to meet her for coffee, and thus the mystery begins. Another good Sandra Brown book with an interesting ending.
Karen
Jun 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Twists and turns and a surprise ending!!!
Lynn
Jul 22, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good summer beach read. Kept me interested -- even though it was far-fetched.
Linda
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I hadn't read a book by Sandra Brown for several years. A friend suggested "Exclusive" to me. What an excellent book. I couldn't put it down.
Barb Kozaczuk
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sandra Brown never disappoints!
Misty (Red's Romance Review's)
Another amazing read from Ms. Brown, kept me captivated from start to finish!
Sanda Brown Super...: Exclusive 1 3 Jul 29, 2014 04:26PM
  • Where There Is Evil
  • Killing Time
  • Cold Hearted (Griffin Powell, #9)
  • Superstition
  • The Perfect Couple (The Last Stand, #4)
  • Storm Warning
  • Ayah Paro Waktu (Part-Time Father)
  • Whirlpool
  • Still Waters
  • Risky Business

Sandra Brown is the author of more than sixty New York Times bestsellers, including STING (2016), FRICTION (2015), MEAN STREAK (2014), DEADLINE(2013), & LOW PRESSURE (2012), LETHAL (2011).

Brown began her writing career in 1981 and since then has published over seventy
More about Sandra Brown...

“Doesn't it bother your conscience to know that thousands of trees give up their lives just to keep you in reading matter that you dont read?” 3 likes
“contract. I’m trying to get us through this alive, and I don’t want my strategy compromised by an amateur with” 0 likes