Start by marking “Angels: Who They Are and How They Help-What the Bible Reveals” as Want to Read:
Angels: Who They Are and How They Help-What the Bible Reveals

Angels: Who They Are and How They Help-What the Bible Reveals

The Remarkable Truth about the Agents of Heaven

People have long been fascinated by stories of angel sightings, yet many contemporary beliefs about angels are based on misconception and myth rather than solide, biblical truth.

As he's done so brilliantly for decades, respected Bible teacher Dr. David Jeremiah uses Scripture to unveil the remarkable truth about these agents o
Published December 22nd 2009 by Multnomah (first published February 26th 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Angels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angels

Start your review of Angels: Who They Are and How They Help-What the Bible Reveals
Treece
Rating: 5 stars
An amazing book about God, Christ, angels and us without be stuffy or overly theological.

Loved it and plan to enjoy it again at my convenience. Dr. Jeremiah is amazing!
Wanda
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: religion
Over the years much has been written about angels. Unfortunately so much of it is rather far-fetched and just not reliable. I found this book to be very informative, but most importantly Scripture is the foundation used throughout. An interesting aspect explained is that we should not assume angels would serve or help non-Christians. The Bible describes angels as “ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation.”

Dr. Jeremiah certainly provides interesting insights on angels, a
Susan Weeks
Dec 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Informative and Biblical

It is nice to read a book about angels that is Biblically based and is not based on speculation. David Jeremiah keeps your interest and also makes you desire to serve the Lord more effectively.
Carrie Daws
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While this book is similar in a lot of ways to a book by Billy Graham, this one might be a little better for those wanting to know more about what the Bible says about angels only because it dived a bit farther (not deeper, just explored the topic differently). Either one would be an excellent choice, though.
Laura Murray
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian
This book was very helpful in understanding angels and their place in the heavens, on earth, and in our lives. This book takes a scriptural approach to all things angels, including demons (Satan's angels).

What was interesting in this book, other than the topic itself, were the little tidbits that made you stop reading and think about what he was saying. For instance, have you ever thought about the fact that the angel Gabriel looked the same to every person in the Bible who saw him? Angels do no
Margaret Chind
Dec 09, 2009 marked it as dnf
Recommended to Margaret by: Staci Carmichael

Through out the pages of this book Dr. David Jeremiah leads readers on an in depth conversation about what the Bible provides on the topic of angels. There is a what, when, why and often how about angels and included is a scriptural index that makes your own referencing much less complicated.

I have always had a personal belief in angels, but not put much thought to it. There are some people who have become fascinated with the angelic beings and it is interested how Dr. Jeremiah puts this into p
Shireen
Jan 30, 2012 rated it liked it
A nicely laid-out book, structured in a logical order, but the good information on angels is buried under a lot of proselytizing. One must be patient and dig down to keep track of the information on angels per se, of what the Bible and popular belief say about angels. I was hoping for more anecdotes or personal experiences to illustrate his points. For example, he talks about how he didn't at first believe that angels carry the dead, but over time, he came to realise that it was so. At that poin ...more
Meredith Inglis
PRAISE GOD!!!

This book is going to be the most special book of my life.
You see, my beloved grandmother has cancer.

(Unfortunately I found out in the middle of this book, it has spread after a long battle.)

In a talk we had over the phone yesterday; she brought up David Jeremiah. Ironically, I had been reading this very book. I told her, “I am reading a book on angels by Pastor Jeremiah!” She told me, “That’s great. Keep going!”

I did not know how her illness would spread before starting this bo
KittyRoyseCity
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read this book as part of a women’s study group. While we will never know everything about Angels, this book shows us several key things the Bible reveals about who they are and their purpose of being there for us when we face critical issues. We can all strive to be angel-like in this world! We’re required to consider & understand good & evil, angels steer us but we make the decisions on whether we will follow. Dr. David Jeremiah helps in showing us what the Bible reveals, to better recognize ...more
Diana Hall
A good book about what Angel's are and what they do on earth.
I wanted read this book to get a better w understanding of Angel's and how they functioned here on earth in relation to man. I wanted to read this particular book because I knew De. Jeremiah was a knowledgeable man and an excellent writer and teacher. I learned quite a bit about Angel's and would recommend this book to anyone wanting to learn something about Angel's from an excellent teacher and author.
F
Feb 11, 2019 rated it liked it
A good book by a good man on a good subject. My biggest complaint is he waffled on the whole "sons of God" issue from Genesis 6 [they were NOT angelic- fallen or otherwise] and that being a minor issue makes my biggest complaint rather small. It's a worthwhile book to read and study if you want to know the truth about angels.
Diana Hall
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A good book describing what Angel's are and their roles on earth.

I wanted to read this book to get a better understanding of Angel's and Dr. Jeremiah is an excellent author and teacher. I enjoyed the book and did learn quite a bit about Angel's. Would recomend it to anyone who wanted to learn about Angel's from a reliable source.
CLAUDIA KING
Great Book

I enjoyed reading this book. I have learned so much about Angels. I was curious about them after participating in Bible Studies. I will read Book 2 whenever it is published.
Phyllis Simmons
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book on angels. It helped me understand there roll in life here on earth.
Yolanda miller
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book review

This book was amazing!! I have learned so much about angels- very insightful!! I would highly recommend this book. I might even read it again!
Stephanie Ezrilov
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the most comprehensive books I’ve ever read on angels. A thorough Biblical review of Gods helpers in a healthy perspective. Fascinating and thought provoking David Jeremiah is on point!
Kathie Hatfield
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting book with lots of information to process. It was a very slow read for me due to the in-depth content.
Brian
Jul 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Started a little slow and super detailed, for me, but it ended very strong!
Elaine Reinhard
Beautiful inspiring well written book. Awesome background information . Very personal encounter with angels.
Jill
Nov 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such a solid teacher!
Debbie
Jan 28, 2010 rated it really liked it
This book explored what the Bible says about angels. It was written in an easy-to-follow, somewhat casual writing style. However, the font was small and light, making the book difficult to read.

When Dr. Jeremiah concentrated on what Scripture had to say about angels, the book was excellent...though he did identify a few beings in the Bible as angels that I'm not convinced are angels (like he assumed that "the elders" in Revelations were angels, which not everyone agrees with).

Apparently that was
Keiki Hendrix
Feb 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing
“Another enjoyable, factual, relevant book from David Jeremiah.”

Drawing from some of the greatest ‘Heroes of Faith’, Dr. Jeremiah presents ‘Angels: Who They Are and How They Help–What the Bible Reveals’.

Many believers mistakenly focus on portions of the Christian walk leaving others for their passionate interests in such things as angels.

In this book, Pastor Jeremiah directs the focus to the origin, purpose, and persona of angels using biblical references and previous works of such heroes of the
Angela Breidenbach
Jan 08, 2010 rated it really liked it
I think what I've liked most is the way Dr. David Jeremiah presents this material. I've just finished the section on being guided through biblical history with a view on the angels. The guide shares that we should watch the angels hands and then shows how their hands focus on touching us. Along the way, the guide takes us back and goes through history again with our eyes only on the messages, and again, only on their warrior position in heaven. I loved how he broke out those elements and helped ...more
Mandy J. Hoffman
Dec 30, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: blog-reviews
People all over seem to be fascinate by angels and long to know more about them. Some claim they have seen angels and yet others deny their existence. In this new book, Angels by Dr. David Jeremiah, he teaches us about angels according to the Bible. In fourteen chapters - 222 pages - Dr. Jeremiah covers what angels are, when they appear, the part of angels in death, and much more. Included in the back of the book is scriptural index for easy reference.

I personally enjoyed the teaching in this bo
Linda B
Feb 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Angels have become a part of pop culture today with many misconceptions of what they are and their purpose in our lives. People have imagined fanciful ideas of what they want angels to be. Dr. David Jeremiah has taken a who, what, where, when, why and , how approach from scripture to explain what our proper relationship to angels should be.

Taking examples of angels from scripture the author reminds us of some very interesting facts. For example, angels are always one-way messengers. They are Go
Christy Lockstein
Dec 29, 2009 rated it really liked it

Angels by Dr. David Jeremiah is an indepth study on the truth behind these mysterious messengers of God. The worship of angels has been going on for millenia, Paul wrote about the dangers of it in his epistles. Now there are books and groups teaching about angels who help their people find good parking spots or great deals at the mall. That is nothing like the angels portrayed in the Bible, and the author does his best to put aside the myths and focus on what we know from Scripture. There is muc
Amydeanne
Feb 02, 2010 rated it really liked it
Dr. David Jeremiah brings to light the biblical accounts of angels and that they worship God. If we focus on angels we are taking away from God which is wrong. He distinguishes between biblical angels and "angelism", as well as also states that all angels are not from God, after all lucifer was an angel at one point as well. Dr. Jeremiah provides reliable resources, such as accounts from Billy Graham or Corrie Tenboom.

I was impressed with this book and appreciated his down to earth take of these
Haley Mathiot
Jan 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-bookshelf
This book will give you a literal view of angels—they’re nothing like what we imagine them, and they’re nothing like what contemporary fiction makes them out to be, either (angels serving God or fallen angels both). They are warriors—glorious, perfect, merciless warriors.

The best thing about this book is that Dr. Jeremiah is very centered with what the Bible says. The Bible is our ultimate source of truth, and if we have a “religious experience” that contradicts the Bible, if we begin to worshi
Sandy Mckenzie
Feb 17, 2010 rated it liked it
I enjoyed reading Angels by Dr. David Jeremiah and recommend the book to anyone interested in exploring the world of the angels. After reading the book, I found many opportunities to start conversations about angels, discuss our perceptions and quote scripture verse about these messengers. I enjoyed going through the book and following where Angels appear in the Bible. Scripture by scripture, David Jeremiah showed me what angels - and what angels are not. I enjoyed taking this book chapter by ch ...more
Jaclyn
Mar 10, 2010 rated it liked it
I'm very glad I won this book in the Goodreads Giveaway drawing. I've never actually given much thought to angels on a conscious level, but I have certainly taken them for granted at a subconscious level so when I saw this book, I decided I wanted to learn more. David Jeremiah does an indepth study for us of what Angels are and what they are not using hundreds of bible references to back up his answers. I was really impressed with the amount of detailed thought that went into this book and found ...more

• Where is God in a Coronavirus World?
  • The Last Hour: An Israeli Insider Looks at the End Times
  • Jesus: The God Who Knows Your Name
  • Forgotten God: Reversing Our Tragic Neglect of the Holy Spirit
  • The Playground
  • Keeping Hope Alive: For a Tomorrow We Cannot Control
  • How Happiness Happens: Finding Lasting Joy in a World of Comparison, Disappointment, and Unmet Expectations
  • Unstoppable: Step into Your Purpose, Run Your Race, Embrace the Future
  • Your Local Church and Why It Matters (booklet)
  • Speaking for Myself: Faith, Freedom, and the Fight of Our Lives Inside the Trump White House
  • Breathless
  • Magic Forged (Hall of Blood and Mercy, #1)
Dr. David Jeremiah, founder of Turning Point Radio and Television Ministries and senior pastor of Shadow Mountain Community Church, felt God’s calling on his life at a very early age. Born February 13, 1941 in Toledo, Ohio, Dr. Jeremiah was raised in a family deeply committed to ministry. At the age of eleven, Dr. Jeremiah and his family moved to Dayton, Ohio where his father, Dr. James T. Jeremia ...more

News & Interviews