Start by marking “The Bridesmaid Pact” as Want to Read:
The Bridesmaid Pact

The Bridesmaid Pact

3.69  ·  Rating details ·  299 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
One for all and all for one! As children, Sarah, Dorrie, Beth and Caz were inseparable and vowed to one day be each others bridesmaids. But life got complicated. Now they have one last chance to fulfil their promise. Dorrie is planning her ultimate Disney wedding to the delicious Darren and is determined to have her friends back together for the Big Day. But Dorrie's fairy ...more
Published May 27th 2010 by HarperCollins Publishers

To ask other readers questions about The Bridesmaid Pact, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bridesmaid Pact

Carole Humphries
Enjoyable and entertaining

A book to help take your mind off the pressure off every day life. Entertaining, a good reminder of the ups and downs of friendship.
Leah
Jul 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
Julia Williams has been a favourite author of mine since I read Pastures New a long while back and since then I’ve devoured her other books: Strictly Love, Last Christmas and her most recent novel The Summer Season. However, her fourth novel The Bridesmaid Pact has sat a bit forlornly on my shelf as I just haven’t found time to go back and read it yet what with all the other excellent books out. However, wanting a bit of a break from review books, and seeing that it didn’t seem to be too long a ...more
Mandy
Jul 04, 2015 rated it liked it
its more a 3.5 star, I enjoyed the book, it was quick and easy to read, an alright story all round, but it was confusing! whether I was too tired when I began this book or it was just jumbled up, it flips from year to year and different characters, (it didn't help that is seems this book is older than I realised) I had no idea what year I was in half the time and she just thrown it boyfriend's and husbands like I was meant to know who they all were. where did Steve come from?, how did they meet ...more
Nash Norden
May 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
The Bridesmaid Pact is a story of four best friends – Caz, Beth, Sarah and Dorris. They made each other a promise as children that they will be each other’s bridesmaids. But things happen, and their promise broken. Caz weren’t there on Beth and Sarah’s wedding, and none of Caz’s friend was there when she had her wedding. Now it’s down to Dorrie to have all of her friends as her bridesmaid for her fairytale wedding. But things were really not that simple.

The Bridesmaid Pact was a bit confusing at
Karen Whittard
Apr 01, 2016 rated it did not like it
This book was ok. Not great but ok. It was written back in the 90s and you could tell. I didn't like the chapters in Disney as I am a massive Disney nut it annoyed me that things weren't accurate and it sounded to me that Julia was trying to state how crap she thinks Disney is because everyone hated it and hardly any good things were said about it. Which annoyed me a lot. I'm a massive Disney nut and Disneyland is the most magical place of all.

I also found the writing style wasn't really my cup
Alisha
May 14, 2011 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Chick-lit lovers

Not overly impressed with this book. Seemed to have too many 'different' stories and problems all going on at the same time, which I disliked. As well as this I found that the Willaims used somewhat more impressive language momentarily shoved in along with your every day spoken words. This seemed to me like a desparate attempt to add class and to 'show off her writing skills' but I didn't find this effective in the slightest.
I gave this book 2 stars because of these reasons but 2 as well for I d
Athina England
Jan 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
. This was one of the best books that I have read in a while. The story didn't drag on like some and it kept me gripped throughout. The way the book is broken up helps to understand how the plot has progressed. It switched between each of the characters both in the present and also in the past which I would normally have found confusing but I didn't this time. I did feel that the story centred around Caz rather a lot. I would have liked to hear about Caz meeting her extended family as it felt th ...more
Ann
Aug 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Reading challenge #45 A book you own but have not read

The Bridesmaid Pact. Hmm. The book of apologies. Or the book of feeling guilty? The book of keeping secrets from your best friends. Don`t get me wrong, I liked it. But..

Dorrie, Caz, Beth and Sarah are best friends, life putting their friendship to a serious test. Their relationship has an opportunity to heal while preparing for Dorries wedding.

But "I am so sorry.." "No, it is me who is sorry" "No, I am sorry" kind of started to irritate me.
James
Aug 13, 2012 rated it liked it
this is not my usual type of read but I was intrigued to read something by Julia Williams, it's fairly familiar groud - group of four women who have been friends for years etc. But the characters are well rounded and interesting, the story is not all shoes and shopping - these people have real lives, and it is quite moving in places too - I am quite anxious to see what happens at the end - this books really should not be judged by it's cover!
Karen
May 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book was fantastic. Written from each of the girl's perspectives helped to maintain a fast pace and kept me hooked. It's great to read 4 sides of the 1 story.

Easy to read and hard to put down, I actually cried reading this (happy tears mostly) so beware where you read it (I was on a bus at the time my tears came along)

Great book, well written, will be reading more by this author.
  • Confessions of a Reluctant Recessionista
  • Coming Home
  • Living la Vida Loca
  • Singled Out
  • Ladies Who Launch
  • Bad Girls
  • The Wedding Diaries
  • Moonshine
  • It's a Vet's Life (Talyton St George, #4)
  • To Touch the Stars
  • Do you want to know a secret
  • Manhattan