Start by marking “The Chronicles of Faerie (The Chronicles of Faerie, #1-3)” as Want to Read:
The Chronicles of Faerie (The Chronicles of Faerie, #1-3)

The Chronicles of Faerie

(The Chronicles of Faerie #1-3)

This gorgeous new collection of the first three volumes of the Chronicles of Faerie has been specially designed to appeal to young adult readers ages fourteen and up. It includes:

The Hunter's Moon

Findabhair and her cousin Gwen have always believed in magic and the other world, and their dream is to find a way to enter it. Where better to begin than at royal Tara, seat of
Published January 1st 2002 by Penguin Group

To ask other readers questions about The Chronicles of Faerie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Chronicles of Faerie

Start your review of The Chronicles of Faerie (The Chronicles of Faerie, #1-3)
Shesten Melder
Jan 09, 2010 marked it as to-read
saw this in Reggie's hands on Dead Like Me
NinjaMuse
In brief: The first three of four books set in an Ireland full of faeries, adventure, and hidden danger. All feature girls on quests to save Faerie, rescue people, and find themselves.

Full disclosure: The first book in this series, The Hunter’s Moon, was one of my favourites between about ages 10 to 12. My review of this book and series will be coloured by that, probably with a fair bit of rosy-glasses thinking.

Thoughts: I liked the novels in this omnibus, though I have issues with the
Elfdart
Jul 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing
i believe i first read this series is grade eight for a book report… and boy has it stuck with me since then. this ranges as one of the first ‘adult’ fairy books i’ve read and inspired me to further my fairy obsession. and when i say adult i don’t mean ‘adult’, i refer to the fact that this story isn’t about the fairies we use to entertain children. stories like this one draw their content from the fairies of mythology, from irish/ british myth and legends.
in this book there are three stories,
Ariella
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was my first foray into fantasy-style novels when I was probably 15, and it was the perfect choice. The plot is fascinating, and the author's use of connections between Canada and Ireland will make any Canadian or Irish citizen feel connected to the other. The stories, folklore, magic, and drama kept me reading until the late hours of the night. It reads well, in that it doesn't read "too easy" or "too dense". I was able to sit for hours reading it without feeling too overwhelmed by ...more
Crystal
Feb 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Spectacular and bone chilling to say the least. This book has made me believe all that much more in Faeries. I love how it uses actually myths and legends, like how to ward off evil spirits by sprinkling salt around the window sills and doors. Good to know ;). This is my all time favourite book and author. Not to mention that O.R. Melling herself replied to an e-mail I sent her, telling me one of her real Faerie experiences and Ireland and complimenting my name, saying it sounds like a Faerie ...more
Tatiana
Apr 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a book I read more than 10 years ago but I have thought about it many times since. The story has stuck with me, and some of the details have inspired some of the stories I now tell my 5 year old daughter. I remember believing in fairies as a young child, and by the time I read this book (possibly around the age of 20), a little part of me believed again. I think I might try to find this book and read it a second time one day, which is not something I ever do.
Cristine
Jul 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
For any faerie fiction lover, this is a must read! It takes her three Chronicles of Faerie book and puts them into one cover. If read continuously and ending with the penultimate of The Book of Dreams, I was not disappointed.
W.L. Hawkin
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful book that includes three of OR Melling's finest Irish stories: The Hunter's Moon, The Summer King, and the Light-Bearer's Daughter. Urban fantasy. I return to this book again and again for comfort and inspiration.
Pamela
Jun 08, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: young adult readers
Any of the wondrous books by O R Melling are a delight for children and young adults. The stories masterfully combine reality with the mystic world of Irish myth and legend.

Read them...and believe in faeries
Carla Lewis
Jul 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, fae, young-adult
I remember really liking this book as a child, since it made me become fascinated with the Fae. It also inspired me to start writing at a young age. Definitely worth rereading.
Caitlin
Renee
Jun 20, 2011
Nicole Woods
May 04, 2014

• Tithe (Modern Faerie Tales, #1)
Born in Ireland, raised and educated in Toronto, Canada along with my seven sisters and two brothers, now living back in Ireland again. I have a beautiful daughter, Findabhair, doing her M.A. in Marine Biology and a beautiful cat, Emma, who would love to eat the fish Finn (great name for a marine biologist, eh?) wants to protect. My favourite author of all time is CS Lewis. I've read everything he ...more

The Chronicles of Faerie (4 books)
  • The Hunter's Moon (The Chronicles of Faerie, #1)
  • The Summer King (The Chronicles of Faerie, #2)
  • The Light-Bearer's Daughter (The Chronicles of Faerie, #3)
  • The Book of Dreams (The Chronicles of Faerie, #4)
“You shouldn't read so much, you'll get a brain tumor.” 18 likes