Start by marking “Movie for Dogs” as Want to Read:
Movie for Dogs

Movie for Dogs

(Hotel for Dogs #3)

A brand-new sequel to HOTEL FOR DOGS (made into the hit movie!) and NEWS FOR DOGS! Andi and her canine friends are back for their biggest adventure yet -- Hollywood!

When Andi's brother Bruce wants to enter a dog-themed film-making contest, Andi jumps at the opportunity to become a screenwriter. But neither of them expects what happens next -- a producer wants their movie!
Published June 1st 2010 by Scholastic Inc. (first published January 1st 2010)

AnnaScott
Jul 31, 2011 rated it liked it
Good book.... a little bit of romance, not horrible, just enough to make it awkward. Andi wrights a book about a dog named Bobby for a contest. She ends up losing to arch enemy. Soon after, she turns the story into a screenplay and she and her brother Bruce turn it into a movie. They end up not winning that also but, get an extra speacial surprise at the end!
Lucy Yin
Sep 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I hate Jerry Gordon for doing something illegal ( read yourself to find out )and when they win Hollywoods movie he talks to a girl in his class and tells her to win. I want to slap him really hard for doing that.
Sara-elizabeth Cottrell
Kristin
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
We have enjoyed these books SO much. Wish there were more!
The only reason I had to give this book four stars is because a comment towards the end by a teen girl that a boy "got what he wanted from her" and dumped her. I'm glad I was reading this to my kids so I could completely skip that whole part, which was irrelevant to the story. Aside from that, this trilogy was nice and clean for kids.
Kendal Bottenfield
Sep 15, 2017 rated it liked it
It is a pretty good book and describes every action taken thoroughly. As the book goes on it gets more interesting and every character brings something to the story.
Sofia
Oct 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book is called Movie For Dogs by Lois Duncan. The book is about a average girl, named Andi, with a passion about writing. She loves dogs, so she enters for a kid contest that is about dogs. If you win you will have your book published and everyone will know that a child wrote it! You have to read to find out what happens. As the problem in the book is a bully named Jerry Gordon, with his cousin (the older one that's the bad influence) Conner Gordon. They always try to do everything better a ...more
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Kira M for TeensReadToo.com

Inspired by her brother Bruce's struggle to help his abused and neglected dog, Red Rover, get over his past, Andi writes a creative story about it. When she enters it into a contest, however, their neighborhood nemesis and Red Rover's former abusive owner, Jerry Gordon, wins the contest.

Determined to have Red Rover's story heard, Andi and Bruce decide to make it into a film for another contest. Their film soon gets noticed by a Hollywood producer, who wants
Haghvray0
Oct 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
I like this book. It is nice that Andi and Bruce are working together with their friends on a exciting project! he only problem is....... Jerry Gordon! I hate those kinds of people. He's the complete package with the angel smile and stuff. he drives me nuts!!! I hope Andi and Bruce's mom let them go to Hollywood, and that they win.
Susan
Sep 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
Cute children's book. I wish that the horrible Jerry would get what's coming to him, though. I'm tired of him always getting off.

This is the third in the series. It's about a book Andi wrote which she hoped would win first prize in a contest. It didn't. It came in second to Jerry's. Then she and her brother decide to make a movie out of it. Jerry also ruins that for them.
Jill
Dec 10, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: didn-t-finish
I could not get into this. I was tired of Andy whining and being so upset when she got 2nd instead of 1st in a book writing contest. I didn't think the characters very realistic and felt like I was looking into a "Leave it to Beaver" episode. I also didn't like the readers voice, so maybe if I read it in my own voice, it wouldn't be so bad--but no way am I going to waste my time doing that.
Ariana Angiano
Oct 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Good
Jacob S
Feb 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I liked it.
Gerry
Apr 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cute series. This is the third.
Mik
Apr 06, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: my-library-own
It was somewhat cute/adorable it just did NOT live up to the other two books before it in my opinion.
Makaya
Sep 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing
this is the best book i have ever read
Ella
Aug 16, 2013
Ryder
rated it did not like it
Sep 25, 2016
Emily
Mar 30, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Bulu: African Wonder Dog
  • The Case of the Library Monster (The Buddy Files, #5)
  • Mud-Puddle Poodle (Pet Trouble, #3)
  • Zoomer
  • Meet the Gecko (Shredderman, #3)
  • The Search for the Sunken Treasure: Australia (Secret Agent Jack Stalwart, #2)
  • Smells Like Treasure
  • Mine!
  • Fearless
  • Please, Puppy, Please
  • The Worm Whisperer
  • Archvillain (Archvillain, #1)
  • Fetching
  • Seaglass Summer
  • Dogs in the Dead of Night (Magic Tree House, #46)
  • Ginger (Dog Diaries, #1)
  • Waggit's Tale
  • Dark Moon (Wereling, #2)
Lois Duncan (born Lois Duncan Steinmetz) was an American writer and novelist, known primarily for her books for children and young adults, in particular (and some times controversially considering her young readership) crime thrillers. Duncan's parents were the noted magazine photographers Lois Steinmetz and Joseph Janney Steinmetz. She was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, but grew up in Saraso ...more

Hotel for Dogs (3 books)