Start by marking “The Berenstain Bears and the Real Easter Eggs” as Want to Read:
The Berenstain Bears and the Real Easter Eggs

The Berenstain Bears and the Real Easter Eggs (The Berenstain Bears)

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  316 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
This beloved story is a perfect way to celebrate Easter and to teach children about the beauty of nature and all the wonders it holds!

Come for a visit in Bear Country with this classic First Time Book(R) from Stan and Jan Berenstain. Join Brother and Sister as they go on the Giant Beartown Easter Egg Hunt. The cubs are trying to collect the most Easter eggs, but it's the t
Published January 2nd 2002 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Berenstain Bears and the Real Easter Eggs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Berenstain Bears and the Real Easter Eggs

Jeffrey
Sep 16, 2009 rated it liked it
Basically it's about Sister Bear understanding what holidays are about instead of being concerned about what you get. In this case, the Berenstains tie Easter into the concepts of spring, rebirth, and new life.

It's on the wordy side, tiring to read aloud, but at some point a child might enjoy reading it on their own.
ABC
Mar 19, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: kids
This is a typical Berenstain Bears' teaching book--a little wordy for my tastes. It is about the bears looking for Easter eggs and finding real bird eggs in a nest. They discover that the bird eggs are the "real" Easter eggs.
PWRL
Mar 06, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-new
E
A
O
Emily Garrison
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was published in 2002 by Random House Publishers and is one of the First Time Books. This story begins as Sister Bear is setting at the table counting her Valentine cards from her classmates. She declares that she wishes every day was a holiday so she could get stuff every day! Mama and Papa worry that Sister Bear only thinks about getting stuff and not about what the holiday is all about. Sister goes to the calendar and learns that Easter is the next big holiday and that night dreams ...more
Dolly
Apr 18, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is a fun, non-religious book about Easter that emphasizes the message of new life during Springtime. We always enjoy reading books by Stan Berenstain and Jan Berenstain and this story does not disappoint. As always, Papa Bear acts more like a cub and Mama Bear keeps everyone in line. The last sentences are particulary poignant:
"Sister and Brother would never forget those baby birds. And the wonder of Easter and its message of new life would stay with them forever."
Suzanne Moore
Real eggs are better than candy eggs any day! In this story brother & sister bear discover the wonder of new life when they find a nest of Robin hatchlings. Though I am the first to admit I'd rather have a chocolate egg over a hard boiled one. It is so exciting when you're young and anticipate holiday presents and goodies. The young bears begin planning a strategy on how to get the most eggs at the town's Easter Egg Hunt. Mama bear reminds them that the meaning behind every holiday ... Chris ...more
Karen
Mar 07, 2015 rated it liked it
The (fairly) recent Berenstain Bear books are not very much like the Berenstain Bear books that I read as I was growing up. And that is too bad.

This one is a recent book. The moral is about as subtle as a falling anvil, and almost all the fun and humor are missing.

Actual rating: 2.5 stars, but I'll round up for nostalgic value.
chucklesthescot
Sister loves any holiday where you get gifts or lots of food and Mama tries to show her that there are more important things to care about. It is during the Easter Egg hunt that Brother and Sister see what spring is really about.
Annika
Jun 07, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 1-2-stars
Jodie
Apr 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Loved these when I was a kid, could not resist reading this one with the nephew. Such cute stories. I still love them all these years later.
Nichole
May 25, 2013 rated it liked it
Cute Easter book that focus on the concept of Easter representing new life, but leaves out the religious part.
Tam
Mar 21, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: easter
My boys enjoyed this book (ages 8 and 4) even though it was a little "wordy".
Miri
Sister and Brother love holidays, they love getting cards, candy and gifts, but when they find real bird eggs on Easter will they learn to appreciate the true meaning of the holiday?
Audryaunna
Nov 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The bear cubs find the true meaning of Easter when they hunt Easter eggs.
Sarah Snyder
Apr 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-book
I loved reading these books when I was younger. I think students will be able to enjoy them as well. I like how they find real eggs during an Easter egg hunts.
Tori
Feb 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
I love the Berenstain bears books. They have been a favorite of mine since I was a kid. One day I will have a whole collection of them to read to my kids and to pass on to the next generation.
Jaime
Apr 05, 2012 rated it liked it
My kids love all the berenstain bear books! Always great lessons & values taught! :)
Derek Mahar
Jun 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Sophia really liked the baby Robins that hatched in their nest.
Michelle
Jun 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: massimo, mariana
The kids enjoyed this book.
Kristy
  • The Berenstain Bears: Sick Days
  • The Easter Egg
  • The Easter Egg Artists
  • Little Critter: Just a Snowy Day
  • Guess Who's Coming to Santa's for Dinner?
  • The Night Before St. Patrick's Day
  • The Story of the Easter Bunny
  • Barbie: Thumbelina
  • Ruby In Her Own Time
  • Clifford's Thanksgiving Visit
More about Stan Berenstain...

The Berenstain Bears (1 - 10 of 73 books)
  • The Berenstain Bears' New Baby
  • The Berenstain Bears Go to School
  • The Berenstain Bears and the Sitter
  • The Berenstain Bears Go to the Doctor
  • The Berenstain Bears' Moving Day
  • The Berenstain Bears Visit the Dentist
  • The Berenstain Bears Get in a Fight
  • The Berenstain Bears Go to Camp (First Look Books, #7)
  • The Berenstain Bears in the Dark