Start by marking “Forever And A Day” as Want to Read:
Forever And A Day

Forever And A Day

3.8  ·  Rating details ·  112 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
A SHADOW FROM THE PAST. Determined to make her own way in the world, beautiful Tony Carew, orphan-heiress to the Carew fortune, had opened a bookshop in the heart of Manhattan. Now theshop was a smashing success-and even more wonderful, Rodney Meredith entered her life. But a sinister shadow- five-year-old crime that had never had been solved-suddenly came to blight Tony's ...more
Paperback, Loring #34, 192 pages
Published September 1968 by Hale (first published 1965)

To ask other readers questions about Forever And A Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forever And A Day

Joy Gerbode
Jul 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is one of the best books I've read from this genre. The mystery was fun and believable, the romance was fairly realistic and subdued, and the read was quick and easy. Although it has the typical characters of the genre, i.e. wealthy heiress, struggling working man, poor injured man who needs help, and supportive friends, it felt quite genuine, was a lot of fun, and the fact that it had a main setting in an old house turned bookstore was certainly a plus!
Susan
My favorite Emilie Loring title, one of my favorite oldie-authors. My copy went missing, and finally my daughter bought a replacement, thank you, because she and I both found ourselves thinking about it and wanting to read it again! Sweet! :)
Susan
Sep 15, 2008 rated it liked it
Two friends graduate from college and decide to open a book store. Tony meets and falls for a wonderful man and finds that a five year old crime comes between her and happiness. As always I enjoy this author for her clean,idealistic books with good stories.
Anja
Jun 12, 2013 added it
I absolutely loved this book, it had a refreshing mixture of mystery, romance, and suspense and held my attention from beginning to end.
Jill
Jan 05, 2013 rated it liked it
I picked this up at a used-book store for fun.
I like this author's earlier books best, but this one is okay for a relaxing afternoon.
Marian.brady
May 21, 2008 rated it really liked it
Fun story, but there were alot of characters to keep track of.
Emtems
Nov 17, 2010
Nancy
Sep 21, 2008
Zanne Baker
rated it did not like it
Oct 04, 2015
Aug 06, 2007
Kevan
Jul 15, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Emilie Loring was born in Boston, Massachusetts in 1864 to George M. Baker and Emily Frances (Boles) Baker. Her father was a playwright and publisher and her mother was a homemaker. Loring married Victor J. Loring, who was a lawyer. She died in Wellesley, Massachusetts on March 13, 1951. At the time of her death, Loring had sold more than a million copies of her first thirty books.

Loring was a pr
More about Emilie Baker Loring...