Start by marking “Sweet Temptation” as Want to Read:
Sweet Temptation

Sweet Temptation

Maddie's getting it from all sides. Her bitchy new boss at the radio station humiliates her live on air about her figure, her glamour-puss mum keeps dropping not-so-subtle hints that Maddie should lose weight and her kids are embarrassed to be seen with her after the disastrous Mums' race at their school sports day. Something's got to change...
Published May 7th 2010 by Pan Publishing (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Temptation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweet Temptation

Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie)
If you have ever struggled with your weight, read this.
If you have ever been frustrated with your boss, read this.
If you have ever been dumped, read this.
If you have ever felt lonely, read this.

It's a nice light, fun read with great characters with real life problems. The only reason I cannot give it 5 stars is because sometimes I forgot which of the 3 character POVs I was reading. Different font should have been used. But the book was a joy to read. I have already bought 2 more of Lucy Diam
Leah
Mar 18, 2010 rated it really liked it
Maddie Lawson isn’t having a great time – her new boss Colette has humiliated her live on air with her new feature “Making Brum Beautiful” and has enlisted Maddie to join a Fatbusters club. Added to that, Maddie will also have to go live on air to discuss her ongoing weight loss. Maddie’s mum and children also get involved and after a disastrous Spots Day Race, Maddie realises something has to change. Colette may not have her best interests at heart but it could end up helping Maddie after all. ...more
Katie Lou
Mar 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: shelf
This book was really, really cutesy and fluffy. I don't know a lot of people who are into chick lit but I must admit I'm a sucker for it sometimes, especially if I've just finished a more serious book, I like a little buffer for inbetween.

I like Lucy Diamond because she manages to inject a level of severity into her fluffy stories. It's definitely not all sweetness and light—there's death, body image and domestic violence all mixed in too, which gives it the edge I really enjoy. I was particular
Theresa
Jul 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book i have read by lucy diamond and i loved it i couldn't put the book down. The main characters of the book were lovely and i liked how each chapter was about a different character i loved the storyline.
Elke
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Weer een heel leuk, lief en fluffy boek. Ik zou niet haar hele repertoire achter elkaar lezen. Het lijkt wel allemaal een beetje op elkaar en is hier en daar wat voorspelbaar, maar het is gewoon heel erg leuk en luchtig om te lezen. Verstand op 0 en gaan. Soms kan dat zo fijn zijn. Zeker weer 5 sterren, want ik heb gewoon genoten!
Rea Cobb
May 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is my first Lucy Diamond book in which I have read, so I cannot compare with her other book but what I can tell you is I WILL be reading her other books soon if this one is anything to go by. I popped to the library this morning and saw this book in the new section. It looked like your typical pink girlie chick-lit easy read which is just the kind of book I wanted for my first day off in the sun this year. And yes I have spent all day reading it and have finished much to my disappointment! ...more
Koki
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rv
Lucy má jednu úžasnú danosť, ktorá spája väčšinu jej kníh. Píše o priateľstve, o ženskom priateľstve, aby som bola presná. O nezištnom priateľstve, v ktorom si ženy /hrdinky/ pomáhajú navzájom - povzbudzujú sa, podporujú, fandia jedna druhej bez závisti, bez zákerností, bez intrigovania. Jednoducho sú si jedna druhej oporou. Ženskú spolupatričnosť a jednotu bolo cítiť ako z knihy Bude to dobrý rok tak aj z tejto. Pravdaže v iných situáciách, v iných podmienkach. Úžasné, na koľko spôsobov možno s ...more
Hannah Symonds
Aug 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love all of Lucy Diamond's books especially this one. I really felt for Maddie in the story I could see where she was coming from but I could understand that she wants to change. The fact she has two new friends to help her along the way is so lovely. I absolutely loved this book.
Louise
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-read
First book I've read by Lucy Diamond and I'll definitely be reading more!! This book was fab, I couldn't put it down at some points! Absolutely loved it (:
Tina Tacey
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a wonderfully "sweet" book, yes it had moments of seriousness and sadness, but on the whole it was a very sweet, wonderful book.
There is something special about a book that can tell a warm and beautiful story but with essence of real life issues within it.

This book covers everything from mental abuse, bereavement, body image to friendship, love and happiness. For me even though, it has romantic partners for all the characters - the beautiful relationship in this story is the friendship
Quanti
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Vynikající limonáda. Čiré potěšení pro ženskou duši, která chce vypnout :) s hubnutím mám zkušenost, takže téma mi bylo blízké, ale povedly se i dějové zápletky a charaktery hlavních hrdinek. Četla jsem na střídačku s Líným rodičem a Medvědínem a velmi mi to střídání žánrů vyhovovalo.
Elusive
Jan 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review
In ‘Sweet Temptation’, three overweight women decide to lose weight for different reasons. Along the way, they learn several lessons, make better choices and become close friends.

The story was told via the alternating perspectives of Maddie, Jess and Lauren. Initially I wasn’t really pleased about this as in such cases, I would usually find at least one character’s chapters to be boring or similar to another character’s. Instead, I was pleasantly surprised for I ended up enjoying all three story
Hannah
Sep 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It isn’t very often that you will find a book like this one! What can I say? This book was amazing! It made me feel so warm and happy and it was just so lovely! The final chapter also brought a tear to my eye and it really isn’t very often that books/films/TV have that sort of impact on me!

Sweet Temptation follows the lives of three ladies: Maddie, Lauren and Jess. Maddie is a married mother of two who works for “Brum FM”, however people are going on at her about her size, her mum and her boss C
Lainy
Sep 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Time taken to read - 1 day

Pages - 447

Blurb from Goodreads

My Review

Three main characters, Maddie, Jess and Lauren all are trying to lose weight so they jo
Nicole Johnstone
Jan 24, 2016 rated it liked it
This book took me a while to get into. It is told in chapters by three main characters. Maddie, the overweight mum of two with a wicked boss at a radio station, Jess, a slightly pudgy beautician with an absolute asshat of a fiancé and Lauren, owner of a love agency who stacked on the weight after being left by her husband for her office assistant.

All three were strangers until they met at a fat busters meeting.

For the first third of the book I kept confusing the characters. Maddie.. Now which
Nessa
Dec 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another beautifully written story by Lucy Diamond. This book draws you in pretty quickly, I loved all three of the main characters & thoroughly enjoyed their individual storylines.

I would definitely recommend this book.
Caroline Ryan
Thoroughly enjoyed this book. A feel good story about three girls joining Fatbusters to lose weight. Compassion, sadness and laughter are in this book. Feel I know the characters! Thoroughly recommended.
Michelle
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Always lovin Lucy Diamond ❤ ...more
Victoria
Feb 11, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5*. A really nice story. Heart warming and smiley.
Liz
May 26, 2016 rated it it was ok
I usually enjoy Lucy Diamond's novels but I thought this one was weak. The story was predictable and shallow. I think it is one of her earlier books so maybe her style has improved with experience
Srividhya G
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The story has 3 female leads, Maddie, Jess, Lauren. Maddie is an assistant to an RJ in a famous FM. Jess is a beauty therapist. Lauren owns a Dating Agency called "Love Hearts".
Maddie is married and has two kids. She is constantly humiliated by her senior at the radio station. She has a bossy mother and a doting husband.
Jess is committed and is expected to marry soon. She has a boss at the spa who hates her completely and her fiancé is a big bully.
And Lauren is a divorce and looking out for
Mr.R
Marjorie
Apr 05, 2018 rated it liked it
This is my second read through of the book and although I could remember bits and pieces nothing had really stuck with me about the plot or the characters. It is a rather bland story that meanders around without ultimately going anywhere and feels more like a very long introduction to the three main characters:

Jess - Browbeaten by her boyfriend she has no self esteem and only longs to finally set their wedding date. For someone so meek and brought down she sure does soon switch to business woman
Maria
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the second book of Lucy Diamond's that I've read; a book that I was excited to read based on the first book that I had read which was amazing. I found that this book as well was very well-written however, it didn't have the same affect on me as the first book did. I did enjoy the premise of this book though; three ladies joined a group called FatBusters to lose weight, and end up befriending one another, while sharing their trials and tribulations in regards to their relationships with m ...more
Lubos Panda
Český název je zavádějící. O hubnutí až zas tolik nejde. Kniha je příběh tři žen, které spojuje boj s nadváhou, ale jinak si každá řeší svoje vlastní problémy. Jedná se více méně o odpočinkovou (možná až "feel good") ženskou literaturu. Pokud autorce odpustíte zjednodušování, možná Vám příběhem tří boubelek trochu zlepší náladu. Opravdu vhodné spíše pro ženy čtenářky.
Whattheheckbec
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lucy Diamond has a really great way of capturing the often intricate and fragile relationships between friends, with work colleagues, partners and parents. I really enjoyed the book and each of the characters personal journeys. Would recommend for light holiday reading 😀
Sarah Williams
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've read a couple of Lucy Diamond's books recently and although they're a little fluffier than the books I normally go for I've enjoyed them very much. An easy read with identifiable characters and a happy ending - classic chick lit.
Samfriday
Jan 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I always enjoy Lucy Diamond's books and this one is no different.
The characters are easy to relate to and I enjoyed how each of their individual stories became intertwined as their friendships developed.
Sissy BP
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have read several of Lucy Diamond's books and while I have loved them all, I think this one is my absolute favorite. I really like Maddie, Jess and Lauren and the friendship they developed after joining FatBusters.
Suzanne Waters
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. The three main characters were all wonderful. Maddie was just your typical woman in need of a change. Jess needed to turn her life around and Lauren was just such a fun lady.

I couldn’t recommend this more for lovers of a light hearted funny book.

Gayatri
Jul 02, 2017 rated it liked it
It's an average read. Quite forgettable .I read it in one sitting and found myself skipping lines. The character development is average as well .
  • Here Come the Girls
  • Wedding Tiers
  • Lizzy Harrison Loses Control
  • Wrapped Up in You
  • Winter Wonderland (LoveTravel #10)
  • Last Christmas
  • Marriage and other Games
  • Katy Carter Wants a Hero (Katy Carter, #1)
  • Ten Years On
  • Chances
  • Party Games
  • Personally, I Blame My Fairy Godmother
  • Jenny Lopez Has a Bad Week
  • Getting Away with It
  • Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend
First of all, a confession. My name isn’t really Lucy Diamond at all, it’s Sue Mongredien. I’ve used a pen name because ‘Diamond’ is a lot easier to spell and pronounce than ‘Mongredien’ and also because I’ve written lots of children’s books too and wanted to keep the genres separate. (There is actually another Lucy Diamond on Amazon who writes religious children’s books. That isn’t me, though.)

I
“Remove yourself from temptation. Don't even look at something if you know you shouldn't have it.” 1 likes
“It made me feel as if I was taking back some control over my life when everything else had been shaken up so frighteningly.” 0 likes