Start by marking “The Devilish Pleasures of a Duke (Boscastle, #6)” as Want to Read:
The Devilish Pleasures of a Duke (Boscastle, #6)

The Devilish Pleasures of a Duke (Boscastle #6)

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  938 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
Award-winning author Jillian Hunter spins a captivating new tale of sweet mystery, reckless temptation, and scandalous desire.

Adrian Ruxley may be a ruggedly charming rogue, but he’s not a man to stand idly by while a lady is accosted–even at a wedding organized by the lady herself, Emma Boscastle, instructress in the social graces at her London academy for young gentlewom
Published July 31st 2007 by Random House

To ask other readers questions about The Devilish Pleasures of a Duke, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Devilish Pleasures of a Duke

Laura V.
¡Emma, qué manera de romper años y años de decoro y buen comportamiento!

Me encantó porque con los Boscastle siempre hay una sonrisa asegurada. Emma, la máxima figura del buen comportamiento, cae totalmente derretida a los pies del pícaro diablillo de Adrian y no hay forma de deternerlos. ¿O sí? Diversión asegurada con los demonios Boscastle tratando de cuidar de su hermana mayor y detener un escándalo ¿o provocar uno?

Es una trama super sencilla, no tienen ni un problema de pareja, ninguna dificu
Juliewheatcox.Net
This one did not have the spark that the previous in the series had. Even though Emma was a stickler for following society's rules, it would have spiced up the story if she had loosened up at least within the confines of the family.
Swee
I found this rather dull. The writing seemed a tad affected—liberal use of complicated words where simpler synonyms would have done a better job—the hero and heroine were boring, etc. Just not my cup of tea.
Elaine
Mar 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved reading this book again. The storyline and characters are delightful. Still a 5* from me again!
Sylvie
Sep 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
so far the best Boscastle book.
Clarissa
Nov 05, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Reading this book is like reading while on cold medicine, only I'm not. Is it art? I don't think so - looks like it's just a rush job, an author's notes and a few intact scenes, published with a minimum of polish.
Sue
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, 2017
I didn't believe the romance. At all. And that's a pretty big miss for a romance novel. I think that my "2" rating is generous.
Cs
The only thing I have to say about this book is that they kept referring to the hero as the Duke, however, his father was still alive the entire book meaning he was NOT the Duke.
Stephanie Burkhart

Hunter weaves a tale of romantic abandon with “The Devilish Pleasure of a Duke.” Emma Boscastle, the dainty dictator of the Boscastle family, thought she’d never get married again until she meets Adrian Ruxley, a charming rake. The last of the Boscastle sibling series, the book pulls the entire Boscastle clan together in their quest to help Emma find love.

The book opens with Emma attending a wedding. When she spies Viscount Wolverton, Adrian Ruxley, trying to sneak comfits off the cake, she conf
Jody
Sophie [at] Book Suburbia
How i loved this book. Emma Boscastle is what i would call a "proper nice". You learn about her thru all the previous Boscastle books and u find really hard NOT to like her... She has all the best elements a woman character needs to be complete, and with a match like Adrian, i think she could not be placed in a higher rank. I love how her brothers act towards Adrian. It kinda remind me my own brothers in high school....lol. But i must say tho, that 3/4 towards the end, i felt as she wanted to fi ...more
Abby
Apr 13, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
So excited to get Adrien's story -- and Emma is the perfect foil. They are the epitome of that couple who is so perfectly implausible that they're perfectly right. Emma "the Dainty Dictator" Boscastle gets the tables turned on her by her family as she enters into a steamy affair with Adrien. I also liked how the language changed in the sex scenes: more rough and crass than the usual flowery euphemisms. That just wouldn't have cut it for the passion Emma and Adrien shared.

We also get a little mor
Kit
Jan 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After the last two Boscastle books were so so, Emma's story was especially delightful. Reminiscent of other family series where one sibling is the straight laced slightly imperious one-it's Emma for the Boscastles. She is widowed and lives to care for others. Here comes Adrian (who we met in Chloe's story) and he is all things that she in not. Adrian is so much fun to read as he woos Emma and figures out a way to see her when at every turn the Boscastle Brothers interfere. It's the women of the ...more
Jessi
Emma Bocastle is a proper woman, especially since she's trying to live down and control her infamous family. However, at a wedding, her current flame accosts her and she is saved by Adrian Ruxley who is then injured. He is attracted to the prim widow and welcomes the chance to be closer to her (though he wishes he wasn't so injured. Neither thinks they want anything more than an affair but circumstances (aka their families, hers being overprotective and his father (a duke) wanting to acknowledge ...more
JennB
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
There were flashes of a good story in this, but they were drowned out by all the cheesy bodice ripper stereotypes (seriously, at one point he ripped her bodice off). I'm all for some physical expressions of loving but turgid penis, engorged penis and weeping clefts...no, just no.
In the end, I couldn't read this all in one go and finished it with hopes that I there would be more substance as it went on...nope.
Bekah
3.75 (and only because I'm stingy.)
Jillian Hunter is in my top three of historical romance authors, and this book vies for my favorite of the Boscastle series. The contrast between buttoned-up Emma and the dashingly irreverent Adrian is adorable. Reading Emma's story offered an as yet unseen depth to her character, and the book introduces several friends that are revisited in future books as well.
Best part: the banter between Adrian and Emma. or Emma and Harriet. Or anyone and Hermia.
Luvmyfamily
I liked the story. I didn't really like Emma but I already knew she would annoy me. Her concerns (those that were important at that time) are very trivial. I also can't stand to put up fronts of being polite to someone to their face and hating them behind their backs even if both parties are doing it.
Rachel Rogers
Jul 26, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice to see Emma out of her stuffy shell. I was pleased that my character-detector was working. Back in Chloe's story when we met Adrian I thought he would match up with Emma, and here I am correct. Interesting to see the devilish brother switch from rogues and rakes to protective guardians (while still being rakes).
Melissa
Feb 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romantic-reads
Emma's story (finally) and it brings back Adrian from book 2. I find Emma's finishing school quite interesting (although, not her inclusion of a charity case who clearly doesn't want to be there except as a way to further the plot).

At this point, the series goes on to a few cousins, etc., but for now I'm good with the six books about the original Boscastle siblings).
Chris Bails
Jan 26, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was another great book in this series. This is a story about the matriach finding someone. Adrian is a gorgeous man and trouble. This is another great love story about 2 people not looking for anything but finding great love. If you like the Boscastle family, you will love this book.
What can be better than a handsome rake chasing after a prim and proper etiquette teacher who is known for her propriety. Emma's a little too proper, and the myriad references to this character trait of hers gets annoying. Just get with the rake already!
Barbra
Nov 09, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
I loved this story, it involved all the things you want when you read a historical. Emma the "dainty dictator" of the Boscastle family and who is loved and watched over by her brothers was deserving of this really cute story.
Maggie Hesseling
I love the Bocastles. However, this novel wasn't as good as some of its predecessors in the series. I really like Emma and Adrian is a brilliant character, but I was slightly disappointed by the story. That being said, the series is still really good and I'd recommend it to anyone.
May 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Full of passion and laughs, I drank in this story, disappointed only by the lack of outside conflict.
Hollie
Jun 16, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
vacation book
ChloeLeeNH
Jan 05, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty simple story line... not really any drama... the men of the family banding together to stop the union was pretty funny along with the women helping them stay together.
Danette Steward
Jun 30, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hunter-jillian
Nice easy read....no villeins or complicated storyline.
Susan
really good!
Barbara
Not as good as #1, but the second best of the first six.! Love Wolf.
  • The Wife Trap (The Trap Trilogy, #2)
  • Let It Be Love (Effingtons, #11)
  • Something Sinful (Griffin Family, #3)
  • How to Ravish a Rake (How To #3)
  • The Rogue (Liar's Club, #5)
  • The Wedding Challenge (The Matchmaker #3)
  • A Fine Passion (Bastion Club, #4)
  • The Spy Who Loved Her (Once Upon an Accident, #3)
  • After Dark with a Scoundrel (Lords of Vice, #3)
  • The Naked Viscount (Naked Nobility, #5)
  • Married to the Viscount (Swanlea Spinsters, #5)
  • Love Letters From a Duke (Bachelor Chronicles, #3)
  • To Seduce a Bride (Courtship Wars, #3)
  • One Night of Sin (Knight Miscellany, #6)
Jillian Hunter is the bestselling author of over twenty historical romances. She lives with her husband, three daughters, a pug and a poodle in Southern California. She loves anyone who can make her laugh, which means she is in love with Mike Myers and Tyler Perry.
More about Jillian Hunter...

Boscastle (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • The Seduction of an English Scoundrel (Boscastle, #1)
  • The Love Affair of an English Lord (Boscastle, #2)
  • The Wedding Night of an English Rogue (Boscastle, #3)
  • The Wicked Games of a Gentleman (Boscastle, #4)
  • The Sinful Nights of a Nobleman (Boscastle, #5)
  • Wicked as Sin (Boscastle, #7)
  • A Wicked Lord at the Wedding (Boscastle, #8)
  • The Wicked Duke Takes a Wife (Boscastle, #9)
  • A Duke's Temptation (Boscastle #10; The Bridal Pleasures #1)
  • A Bride Unveiled (Boscastle #11; The Bridal Pleasures #2)

“Heath slid two fingers beneath Adrian’s white neckcloth to feel his pulse. “In that case, I can state with complete confidence that he shall be all right.”
“Then why isn’t he moving?” she asked in a distraught voice.
Heath smiled. “Ask him.”
She looked down into a pair of hazel eyes smoldering with unholy mirth. Adrian’s lean cheek pressed into the curve of her breast.
A wolf, indeed.”