Start by marking “Developing Intuition: Practical Guidance for Daily Life” as Want to Read:
Developing Intuition: Practical Guidance for Daily Life

Developing Intuition: Practical Guidance for Daily Life

3.8  ·  Rating details ·  275 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
If embraced and followed, intuition can be an accurate force that permeates all facets of life. Shakti Gawain teaches readers how to tap their innate inner knowledge and use it to enhance their lives and attain their goals. Chapters explore the role of intuition in health, creativity, work, and prosperity. Exercises based on Gawain’s workshops help readers listen to their ...more
Published January 9th 2002 by New World Library (first published June 12th 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Developing Intuition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Developing Intuition

♥ Ibrahim ♥
How easy it is to overlook intuition and favor logic instead, even though the two should be in balance and work in synergy. Shakti has presented us with a book that is so practical and takes you from the beginning and helps you cultivate this precious God-given faculty by means of which we are able to hear the still small Voice within. She takes you from basic introduction "What is intuition" to the real meat of the book "accessing intuition" in plain, easy-to-understand words so that you truly ...more
Lynn
Jun 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: intuition
This is a relatively easy to read kind of book, light and yet comprehensive enough for beginners. However, some meditation instructions are better if they are in audio than written. One needs to read the whole portion about meditation, try to remember it before practice. That's a little tough unless one commits that to memory. The practices are more suitable for beginners as they seem rather generic kind of instructions, such as relaxing your body parts and ignoring the thoughts that come to you ...more
Tami
Jun 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Developing Intuition is a set of 52 inspirational cards meant to encourage the user to listen to that inner voice and feel what is right. Although I looked through the cards when I got them, I find that I prefer reading one per day. Therefore, I tend to pick a card each morning. Sometimes, I answer the questions or do the exercises in my journal right away. Other times, I take the day to ponder the notion or use it to remind me to be more open to the possibilities for that day.

I find that getti
Pat Jennings
Jan 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Further understanding of meaning of intuition and the exercises made this book valuable to me. It is a simple short book that challenges us to rely on the heart messages which can allow for more meaningful spiritual life and also improve daily living decisions.
Judy
Aug 11, 2008 rated it really liked it
The author leads you through ways to improve your intuition with short exercises and some background to make you feel better when you just start out and think it's not working. I've noticed very subtle results, but I'd read the whole book before doing the exercises because it's a strange realm.
Carolina Montague
Apr 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I wrote a review of this book for ForeWord when I was a book reviewer there. The review is at: https://www.forewordreviews.com/revie...

Carolina
Rick Bettencourt
Don't Do. Follow. Be.

If you let your core lead, doing the right things will follow. Shakti brilliantly describes this process in easy to understand ways.
Kathleen
Oct 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: spirituality
A bit slow at first, but then I really got into it. I especially enjoyed the sections on Distinguishing Intuitions (Ch 8) and Intuition and Work (Ch 11).
Jess
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I feel like I could read and re-read this book again and again and glean something new from it each time. I need to add this to my collection!
Jennifer Ciotta
Feb 21, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Very quick read. Great exercises for the mind and to help you realize how important intuition is. I've always been intuitive, but this just enforces how important it is.
April
Nov 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A gentle and helpful guide to explore the intuition within ourselves. I've read another book about intuition which was a little more in depth, so I was already familiar with it but this book provided a slightly different perspective. It is a good introduction with simple practices to engage with. Truly about slowly developing the intuition that's already there, along with gentle reminders about how to live our lives more fully and that our lives are valuable.

"In general, when we follow a true in
Virginia
Nov 13, 2007 rated it liked it
This has a lot of information that I already know. I was hoping it would be a more practical guide to developing intuituion, rather than kind of vague instructions: relax, clear your mind, don't hold on to thoughts...

Actually, I'm finding this to be much like Jon Kabat-Zinn's meditation guide, rather than an intuition development guide.

I'm not sure exactly what I was expecting. Maybe a more scientific method, such as "pull out a deck of cards with a friend and try to guess which one they're hold
Ann Pritchard
Feb 17, 2010 rated it it was ok
This was a good little book but felt like a repeat of information I had already read in her other books. She plucked out the parts about intuition and arranged them in a separate book. I'd recommend skipping this one and going for The Path of Transformation or Living in the Light.
Janine
Dec 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this, a lot of it I already knew.
I just needed a reminder. This book was perfectly timed and I was reading this something happened and I did not trust myself and what I was feeling.
I will never let that happen again.
Penny
Jun 11, 2012 rated it liked it
Just repeats most of the info from Creative Visualisation
Efi
Sep 24, 2010 rated it liked it
Can deepen meditation practice.
It reminded me that we have many selves: primary and disowned. We need to love all our kids even the misbehaving ones.
Put me on a path of self awareness!
Mandi
Dec 21, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: spiritual
Zero Stars. NEW AGE GARBAGE. I PRAY YOU FIND JESUS <3
Janne
Mar 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: goddess-life
Great validation of the things I've always known/practiced...intuitively? :) And love the exercises, the reminders about "checking in".
Kim Caudill
Always interested in Myers Briggs assessment tools and am interested in author's view that intuition can be "learned".
Ping
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Intuitive Way: A Guide to Living from Inner Wisdom
  • The Sedona Method
  • Energy Addict: 101 Physical, Mental, and Spiritual Ways to Energize Your Life
  • A Year of Living Consciously: 365 Daily Inspirations for Creating a Life of Passion and Purpose
  • This Time I Dance!: Creating the Work You Love
  • Creating a Charmed Life: Sensible, Spiritual Secrets Every Busy Woman Should Know
  • Tree Wisdom: The definitive guidebook to the myth, folklore and healing power of Trees
  • Sacred Space: Clearing and Enhancing the Energy of Your Home
  • Positive Energy: 10 Extraordinary Prescriptions for Transforming Fatigue, Stress, and Fear Into Vibrance, Strength, and Love
  • الله غير ما نتصوّره
  • Charms, Spells, and Formulas: For the Making and Use of Gris Gris Bags, Herb Candles, Doll Magic, Incenses, Oils, and Powders
  • Transitions: Prayers and Declarations for a Changing Life
  • Writing to Heal: A Guided Journal for Recovering from Trauma & Emotional Upheaval
  • Move Your Stuff, Change Your Life: How to Use Feng Shui to Get Love, Money, Respect and Happiness
  • The Power of Karma: How to Understand Your Past and Shape Your Future
  • Diary of a Psychic: Shattering the Myths
  • The Soulmate Secret: Manifest the Love of Your Life with the Law of Attraction
  • The Second Half of Life: Opening the Eight Gates of Wisdom
Shakti Gawain is an author and proponent of what she calls "personal development". Her books have sold over 10 million copies, according to her website. Gawain's best known book is "Creative Visualization". She has also written "Living in the Light", "Awakening", "Meditations", "The Path of Transformation", "The Four Levels of Healing", "Creating True Prosperity" and "Developing Intuition". She is ...more
More about Shakti Gawain...