Start by marking “Dark Days (Skulduggery Pleasant, #4)” as Want to Read:
Dark Days (Skulduggery Pleasant, #4)

Dark Days (Skulduggery Pleasant #4)

4.45  ·  Rating details ·  13,746 Ratings  ·  579 Reviews
Skulduggery Pleasant is lost on the other side of a portal, with only some evil gods for company. Can he possibly survive? (Yes, all right, he's already dead. But still.)

Meet Skulduggery Pleasant: detective, sorcerer, warrior.

Oh yes. And dead.

Skulduggery Pleasant is gone, sucked into a parallel dimension overrun by the Faceless Ones. If his bones haven’t already been turn
Published March 2010 by Harper Collins Children's

Kimberley doruyter
Nov 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
this is just a great series to read back to back.

that ending had me staring with my mouth flapping open.
Amber Robertson
Apr 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Ehhhhh, this one wasn't my favourite. It fell a bit flat BUT was still kickass and enjoyable so I can't give it any less than 3. I'm really enjoying growing with our
main character too, it feels a lot better when I'm not reading about a literal 12 year old tbh.

Refer back to my review on book one as to why I won't be writing reviews for the books in this particular series.
Robert
Apr 16, 2011 added it
Shelves: fantasy
When you need lightweight fantasy craziness with ultra-violence, wit and nemeses who just keep on coming back, book after book, your two best options are Eoin Colfer's Artemis Fowl books and Derek Landy's Skulduggery Pleasant novels. The Fowl has gone off the boil (I haven't bothered with the latest one) so that leaves Landy and the Skeleton Detective as possessors of the field. Except Pleasant is stuck in another dimension with a bunch of Gods that appear to have escaped from a Lovecraft story. ...more
Cait (Paper Fury)
I CANNOT EVEN RIGHT NOW. WHAT WAS THAT ENDING??!! WHAT WHAT WHAT. I glare at everyone who told me this was a good series. I glare and I cry.

It is freaking brilliant but...but....

I HAVE FEELS, OKAY? AND THEY ARE BEING HURT AND MY BRAIN IS EXPLODING WITH THE BEST PLOT TWIST IN THE UNIVERSE!! AFJSDFKALDS I CANNOT BELIEVE IT.

That last page.

The wicked cliffhanger.

Okay, okay, I'll actually review the book. But just know that this has been the bestest so far. I give it 4.5-stars only because I thin
Jasmine
ANGRY NOTE: How could you end Faceless Ones like that, Derek?! With Skulduggery sucked into the Faceless Ones World?! You've got to be kidding me!?

It's official; this series is awesome.
Halfway through the book, I found myself shouting, "Flaming Fudge-cakes! This book is beyond the awesome level!" At the end of the book, I was wiling, "Oh my god! This is just too good!"

Like always, Derek makes me read 3D writing. Oh yeah; 3D equipped with fantastic HD as well. The action senses, as usual, are wel
Temi Panayotova
Jan 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Тази част... направо не знам, какви думи да използвам, за да я опиша - толкова неща се случиха, че сега си седя вкъщи, гледам дъжда, който се стича по прозореца и ми иде да хукна навън и да си купя следващата!!! Историята стана толкова интересна, че просто няма как да се спреш да я четеш. Без съмнение това се превърна в най-любимата ми поредица!

Desinka
May 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This has been a worthy continuation of the series. I'm glad the story and the character keep being interesting and complex. Thoroughly enjoyed this darker book.
Shelby Finger
Jan 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Firstly, Derek Landy is not only one of my top favorite authors, but the author I aspire to be like. His series (Skulduggery Pleasant, starting with "Scepter of the Ancients")fits into the young adult category. The books aren't easy to find in American stores (he's Irish, and given the lingo he uses, it definitely shines through in his writing), so I reccomend looking for them on amazon.
I RECCOMEND THIS SERIES to all ages, and all readers.

This is the ONLY series of books I've ever read, and la
Paula  Phillips
May 01, 2010 rated it liked it
At the end of Faceless Ones , we read as Skulduggery was sucked into the portal to the world of the Faceless Ones . In Dark Days , we read as Valkyrie Cain is on a mission to find Skulduggery's real skull-the one that was stolen by Goblins so that she can save him and return him to the real world. As usual , these novels are anything but safe as a new killer -this time one thats been locked up for 200 years and was framed is out on the loose to seek revenge on those - however he can't do this wi ...more
Valquiria
Sigue siendo mi favorito!
Olga
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: detective, fantasy, humor
Can't seem to get enough of this series.
Love it immensely!
aaron rourke
Apr 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2014
This book certainly takes a dark turn and from this point on, everything is all Darquesse and Lord Vile and The Man With The Golden Eyes. This is probably my favourite Skulduggery book, and sometimes I find myself wondering why. It certainly wasn't the one I enjoyed the most or the one that even shocked me the most(You're all probably like wtf how is the Darquesse twist NOT shocking?) I have had several rereads of this series, mainly for the release of every new book and when I do, I always find ...more
Kristy ▪ The Reader Dragon
"Until the end." ;w;

Ok, ok, OKAY. This is definitely my favourite book in the series. So far. Shit is finally starting to hit the fan. I totally didn't think the remnants were a thing this early on. I could've sworn they were much later. Just.. holy damn son.
Amelie
Vermutlich wäre ich jetzt an einem Herzinfakt krepiert, wenn ich es nicht schon vorher gewusst hätte... Von daher war es vielleicht ganz gut, dass ich auf der Lesung bei der lit.Cologne zugespoilert worden bin xD
Bilbo Baggins
4.5/5 stars
ira ✨
Jul 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
i just.
there are no words. except-
HOLY SHITSDFGSFGJKSFKJGKJFG
Ariana
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read of course!
Kenna
Skulduggery is gone. Valkyrie is searching desperately for his original skull, which can be used as an Isthmus Anchor. Several people that Valkyrie has wronged in the past have gotten together to destroy her. And she’s having terrible headaches.

There’s a moment in Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. where Coulson asks Ward, “Who are you without him?” This quote can be applied to Valkyrie, who has left her family to her reflection, stopped spending time with her friends, and has taken up dark magic.
Bethany Sawford
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this as an audiobook, started this series aaagggeess ago and really liked it, can’t believe it took me so long to pick up this one. The narrator was brilliant, his accent gave the book another dimension. This story had the perfect of amount of action and suspense combined with hilarious characters, who kept me laughing aloud.
AnHeC the Paperback Obliterator
Word count: about 77 700
Rating: I’ll finish you like a chocolate cheesecake BIATCH!

*The rating is somewhere around 3,75 for this one too (can’t really give it a full **** Just can’t. I know I have issues, but don’t worry, I don’t plan to breed so it’s OK)

Non-stop thrilling action

That is going to be a rather short review, as I have nothing profound to say.

Stephanie is 15 now (surprise, surprise, you didn’t see that one coming *sarcasm*). I really enjoy seeing her grow up and following changing
Emma
Wait WHHHAAAT?! I mean, hrmm.. um WHAT?
*Trying to gather my blown mind*

Let's rewind...

Here I was, happily reading along - chuckling, snorting and chortling at all that sass and absurdity that is the Skulduggery Pleasant series.
*butterfly flies past, birds sing and rainbows sparkle*

...when things start to get a bit darker. Not too dark - I do like my books dark and raw with a side of gore - but ya know dark-er: a few stabbings, dismemberments and the occasional zombie with their entrails hang
An Odd1
Mar 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Re-read series. What a thrill to fall back into such a strange invention. Valkyrie is brave, would do anything to save her teacher, and does risk the impossible. Swing of who is who and where, unremembered motivations, would be easier if I'd read series read closer together, but worth sorting out puzzle and catching up with eccentrics -- good, bad, and zig-zag in-betweens.

Magic and mortal worlds scatter news reports seemingly at random. Scarab unites Springheel Jack "the Ripper" and other villa
rebellyell666
Inhalt:

Skulduggery ist immer noch verschwunden. Das einzige, was noch übrig bleibt, ist seinen richtigen Schädel als Isthmus-Anker zu benutzen, um das Portal zu öffnen. Genau das hat Stephanie alias Walküre Unruh vor. Ein verrückter Plan, der alle möglichen Feinde auf den Plan ruft und dabei bleibt es nicht. Skarab ist endlich aus der Haft entlassen worden und schwört Rache für das unschuldige Absitzen seiner Strafe…

Schreib-/Erzählstil:

Landy zeichnet sich ja bekanntlich durch seine zynischen, sa
Rasmus Skovdal
Jan 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Short, vaguely rambling review alert!

Okay, so, I think this series is quite fun, but the first one was easily the best so far.
I think the author might be pushing the ‘chosen one’ business a bit hard at this point, and the tropes and of ‘urban fantasy’, which I guess this belongs to, broadly, are beginning to fray slightly at the edges.

It’s still odd how eager the author is to punish his heroine – I’m not sure if it’s to establish how serious the world is, or if he has simply realised how much he
Sam
Apr 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
11 months have passed and we find out exactly what happened to Skulduggery at the end of Book three.
After the huge cliffhanger of Book three, I had to move straight onto four to find out what happened. What I love about this series is the writing - its so exciting and the description makes me feel like I'm watching a movie. I think it helps even more when hearing it on Audio because the actor does such a fantastic job at narrating and getting all the voices perfectly! A few things are unfolding
Cbenderpomp
Nov 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Jane
Despite the fact that I actually like this book, I still don't really get the hype. To me, it's simply a good way to spend the time and to be frank, I am not really pulled into the world like others seem to be pulled. At least I don't think I am, because I don't really care all that much about Skulduggery being stuck in the dimension of the Faceless Ones, about Valkyrie trying to save him and while doing that running into all sorts of complications.

I read the story, I enjoy the experience BUT I
Madison Mega-Mara...: #78 Dark Days by Derek Landy 1 1 Jun 12, 2015 09:45PM
If you were in the world where the Faceless ones are, what would you do for fun? 8 26 Sep 28, 2014 11:02PM
Pifflewaffers Uni...: Dark Days 7 9 Jul 18, 2013 05:06AM
Skulduggery Pleasant: Skulduggery Pleasant Book 4 8 38 Dec 29, 2012 04:15AM
  • Hell's Heroes
  • Escape Velocity (H.I.V.E., #3)
  • Day of the Predator (TimeRiders, #2)
  • Zero Moment (The Joshua Files, #3)
  • The Eternal Tomb (Oliver Nocturne, #5)
  • Theodosia and the Staff of Osiris (Theodosia Throckmorton, #2)
  • Grimm
  • The Gallows Curse (CRYPT, #1)
  • Havoc (Malice, #2)
  • Heart of Gold (The Laws of Magic, #2)
  • Nightrise (The Gatekeepers, #3)
  • The Dream Thief (Horatio Lyle #4)
  • The Rising (Department 19, #2)
  • Arsenic for Tea (Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries, #2)
  • The Spook's Sacrifice (The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles, #6)
  • Sand der Zeit (Wanderer #1)
Derek Landy is an Irish writer and screenwriter. In addition to the bestselling children's/YA series of Skulduggery Pleasant books, a supernatural mystery series starring Skulduggery Pleasant, a skeleton detective, and Valkyrie Cain, a young female magician, he has written two screenplays that have been made into films: the IFTA award winning "Dead Bodies" and the IFTA nominated "Boy Eats Girl". L ...more
More about Derek Landy...

Skulduggery Pleasant (10 books)
  • Skulduggery Pleasant (Skulduggery Pleasant, #1)
  • Playing with Fire (Skulduggery Pleasant, #2)
  • The Faceless Ones (Skulduggery Pleasant, #3)
  • Mortal Coil (Skulduggery Pleasant, #5)
  • Death Bringer (Detective esqueleto, #6)
  • Kingdom of the Wicked (Skulduggery Pleasant, #7)
  • Last Stand of Dead Men (Skulduggery Pleasant, #8)
  • The Dying of the Light (Skulduggery Pleasant, #9)
  • Resurrection (Skulduggery Pleasant, #10)
“Valkyrie, I hate to be the one to tell you this, but your friend is most likely dead.”
“Of course he’s dead. He’s a skeleton.”
306 likes