Start by marking “The Colour of Desire” as Want to Read:
The Colour of Desire

The Colour of Desire

'The best solution was to bring you both together and let him take care of you.'

After the accident Kathleen knew very well that her dreams of a musical career were ended - so why did Sister Cecily practically force her onto Morgan Llwewllyn, the world-famous composer of musicals?

Especially since Morgan made it clear that he didn't want a protegee, particularly not one who
Published February 1991 by Mills & Boon (first published 1990)

To ask other readers questions about The Colour of Desire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Colour of Desire

StMargarets
Kiki
Note to self:
1. Marriage for publicity -strike one
2. Heroine as OW's replacement- strike two
3. Controlling her career - which is no longer alpha but a weakling of a man manipulating his woman move - strike three.
And we're out!
Debbie DiFiore
I loved this book. I loved the h and her compassion and love and I even liked Mr. Dramatic the OTT hero of the book. It was a Cinderella story with a dark prince and I thought it was unique. I wish we would have had an epilogue. The scene at the farm was just too much but I still give it five stars. Simply because of Sister Cecily and the ending. I went to a convent when I was 18 but I had met my future husband that last half of high school and I didn't stay. I lasted a week. Lol. Came home and ...more
seton
Aug 08, 2015 seton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: category
Genre: Category Romance
Setting: Britain

21 yr old singing progeny meets 32 yr old millionaire composer of musical comedy.

It's well known that the best Emma Darcy is from when the husband was still alive and they were writing together. This is one of them.

Read like one of those classic Hqns or one of those classic 1940s (like The Seventh Veil) with all the soaring passions and the soaring . . . . music.
Claire
I’m biased: the quintessential moody, genius composer in a Harlequin series for me is Oscar Warrender, the hero in Mary Burchell’s A Song Begins. But the hero in this book comes close enough.

What I found touching about the plot: The beginning and the end, like perfect bookends of the story, revolved around the H/h’s shared mentor Sister Cecily.

What I liked about the hero: tormented hero. While Morgan was already a commercially successful composer for theater musicals (ala-Andrew Lloyd Webber),
Michelle Nagy
Michelle Nagy rated it it was ok
Apr 12, 2017
Cy
Cy rated it liked it
Jan 28, 2013
lourdes_quintano
lourdes_quintano rated it it was ok
Oct 09, 2009
Neferetrose
Neferetrose rated it liked it
Nov 06, 2012
Avid Reader
Avid Reader rated it really liked it
Jun 16, 2015
Joa
Joa rated it it was amazing
Oct 23, 2015
Shannon
Shannon rated it it was ok
Apr 25, 2011
Taylijane
Taylijane rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2017
Maverickgirl31
Maverickgirl31 rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2014
Angelstars5
Angelstars5 rated it liked it
Dec 20, 2012
Mpn
Mpn rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2013
Tia
Tia rated it it was ok
Sep 19, 2015
Ellya
Ellya rated it really liked it
May 21, 2015
Lily
Lily rated it liked it
Aug 03, 2016
Josephine
Josephine rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2011
Ash
Ash rated it liked it
Oct 26, 2013
Sandra
Sandra rated it liked it
Dec 03, 2009
Rhettmeg
Rhettmeg rated it liked it
Sep 20, 2012
Adeel Ahmed
Adeel Ahmed rated it really liked it
Feb 20, 2016
Sandra
Sandra rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2017
Maitri Diana
Maitri Diana rated it really liked it
Jul 05, 2017
Neha
Neha rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2016
Cem73
Cem73 rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2012
Aimee
Aimee rated it it was amazing
Nov 21, 2016
Maryann Heron
Maryann Heron rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2009
Emma Darcy's life journey has taken as many twists and turns as the characters in her stories, whose international popularity has resulted in over sixty-million book sales. Born in Australia and currently living in a beachside property on the central coast of New South Wales, she travels extensively to research settings and increase her experience of places and people.

Initially a French/English te