Start by marking “The Father of Her Child” as Want to Read:

3.53  ·  Rating details ·  98 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Lauren and the Arch-deceiver

Falling in love again...

Lauren hadn't wanted or expected to. Yet when Michael Timberland smiled at her across a crowded room all her good resolutions went out of the window.

Michael had also vowed never to fall in love again. And the last woman he wanted to share his life with was Lauren. He had every reason to despise her...and when she learned
Published 1996 by Harlequin Books

To ask other readers questions about The Father of Her Child, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Father of Her Child

Claire
Jul 06, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The plot of this book is one I detest more than anything (more than the secret baby, cheating hero or Too-Stupid-To-Live mistress): the One-Night-Stand. For me, there’s nothing remotely romantic about ONS. Bodies are treated like commodities and the story reeks of … uhmm, mercantilism, to use a less harsh word.

And this is what happens in the book.

The minute our hero Michael meets our heroine Lauren for the first time at a social event, he falls in lust with her. But while his body says one thin
Cheesecake
Kalyee
Reading the blurb for this book, I expected a lot of angst and sort of the typical HQ with a brooding alpha hero and the doe eyed h. I really couldn't have been more wrong.

This was just really, a very sweet read. The H is divorced, and because of his ex he has some bitter misconceptions about the h. However as soon as he meets her, he realizes he was wrong, and falls completely and hopelessly for her. There is a brief moment after their night together where things go all wrong. But again, the h
Debra Ashwood
The Father of Her Child

This story written in what I can tell was about lies. People who couldn't get their way told the biggest lid of all. When the h met the H she couldn't understand why he treated her the way he did. And when she found out who he was she was concerned that the feelings she had for him were wrong. But what happens when she finds herself pregnant?
Nishtha

Review---

I started a Emma Darcy's Novels marathon last week and ended with five of her books today, there are more in library but well, let's see if I can complete with ARC'S by this month.

Okay so I will start with the names of the five books I read,
1) Last Stop Marriage
2) Marriage and Mischief
3) The Father of her child
4) Their wedding day
5) Craving Jamie

I rank 'Father of her child' as second, I liked it. I was rooted to my seat in the end but in the start I was being patient. The author did
Ruth
Jan 22, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Mills & Boon. An institution. Has all my credibility as a semi-serious reader just gone out of the window? Picked up this book at a bed & breakfast. Didn't pay for it. Honest.

It's such a strange mix between crashing cliches - the male hero is actually described with the words "a tall, dark, handsome stranger." Yet it's also such fun watching it unfold.
Bobs (Reader Unbound)
A cute, easy read. I especially liked the fact that the cover is a scene from the book:
" The loose sundress she wore was mainly white with a pretty print of tiny red carnations and green leaves. The neckline was low, dipping to the swell of her breasts. Her arms were bare, slender, graceful. One hand held a large straw hat, its brim decorated with a long spray of red carnations. "
Denise Holder
May 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Wonderful, captivating, funny and glorious. Such a book...parts were so funny yet dramatic and soulful. I would most definitely recommend this book.
Leona
Jan 04, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hqn-presents
Ok, but not one of my favorites from her.
Suzie
Aug 02, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story wasn't bad, gave it an extra star for the H groveling for about the whole second half of the book.
Booklover
Sep 20, 2012
Hayihdram
Oct 23, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Emma Darcy's life journey has taken as many twists and turns as the characters in her stories, whose international popularity has resulted in over sixty-million book sales. Born in Australia and currently living in a beachside property on the central coast of New South Wales, she travels extensively to research settings and increase her experience of places and people.

Initially a French/English te