Start by marking “Star of His Heart (Love in the Limelight #1)” as Want to Read:
Star of His Heart (Love in the Limelight #1)

Star of His Heart

(Love in the Limelight #1)

Drop-dead-gorgeous Ethan Chambers loves his life as Hollywood's most eligible--and elusive--bachelor. Plus, the talented actor has just gotten an offer he can't refuse: a starring role on TV's hit medical drama. But it's the show's sultry makeup and wardrobe director who's got his pulse racing--and making him think twice about staying single.

Getting the gig on Paging the
Published August 1st 2010 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Star of His Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star of His Heart

Start your review of Star of His Heart (Love in the Limelight #1)
TSN ☮
"His muscular physique dominated her kitchen"... Sigh. And it keeps going on like that.
It was super super cheesy and very very sweet, but what is was not - was very good.
stilwaterz
Nov 23, 2011 rated it it was ok
First installment in the "Love in the Limelight Series". Not one of my favorite Jackson novels, but entertaining nonetheless. I guess I missed the adventure/action side story that she is known to weave into her novels. This was a straight boy meets girl and falls in love --- which is not bad, but just not her usual style. Ethan Chambers, actor, (although the blasted cover calls him Logan!) meets Rachel Wellesley, make up artist, on the set of a TV show. Immediately attacted to her and she to ...more
Lichaun Trotter
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Great book

If this book is any indication of the series I am going to be very happy and extremely excited to read these books.
Samantha
Aug 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
Brenda Jackson captures the true essence of romance in every one of her books. Star of His Heart is the first book in the Love in the Limelight series and will leave readers satisfy and happy.

Rachel Wellesley is the make-up artist and wardrobe designer on the set of Paging the Doctor, a new hip television show that features doctors. Growing up in a famous family full of entertainment moguls, Rachel has had her share of the spotlight and she wants no part of it. Shes determined to stay out of the
Paige Prince
Feb 16, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, netgalley
Im gonna do this one in a way that I havent before... Im posting my notes that I took down as I was reading the book.

3 chapters in and its still almost nothing but backstory. And far too much telling, rather than showing. *yawn*

Very slow start. If it doesnt pick up soon, Ill have to DNF it, and I really dont want to do that.

Chapter 4 I know Paige is supposed to be the thorn in Rachel & Ethans sides, but I just cant be bothered to care. She doesnt seem manipulative or mean or any of the
Celeste
Feb 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Don't deny your heart's desire

I have read this story twice and I must say, it's still a good story. We learn the barriers one must go through for love. Often our insecurities and fears hold us back. It was good for Rachel to be able to let her guard down and follow her heart. The passion shared was undeniable. You come to recognize the turning point from sex to love. Ethan is a true Alpha man and it was just the strength Rachel needed to understand the importance of not allowing fear to govern
Grace Augustine
Jan 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Star of His Heart

Even though this story lacked the intrigue we are accustomed to from Ms Jackson the secrecy of their love made the story and having a powerful sister in Sofia helped, for she had Paige fired for blackmailing Ethan and giving their story to the tabloids. Good Read I'm looking forward to reading the other books in the series.
Connie
Loved it! This story had it all:a protective, sexy and handsome leading man; a beautiful, caring and publicity-shy makeup artist; a greedy, insensitive agent and various, treacherous co-workers. Ethan and Rachel are perfect together but her fear of the paparazzi threatens to tear their relationship apart, not to mention the back-stabbing "hoochie-mamas"!
Beverly
Sep 18, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Once again Ms. Jackson has written a wonderful story that will fill your heart with joy. This is a well-paced story which follows Rachel Wellesley and Ethan Chambers as they fall in love with each other. The dialogue and actions are so realistic, that you do not doubt that this is for real.
Toni
Jul 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romantic-fiction
Rachel Wellesley tries to stay out of the limelight due to what happened to her as a child. What is she going to do when she develops feelings for Ethan Chambers who is alway in the limelight. Hopefully she follows her heart and overcomes her fears.
Nicole
Sep 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was good and it kinda ended like i expected it to. I'm glad Rachel came around and finally agreed to marry Ethan. ♥ That is the type of love that I want to find. But you only find in the pages of a book. :)
Kyra Gates
Jun 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely wonderful. I've read these out of order but they are still easy to follow. I loved the story and how it tied into the others. This is my first book by this author and I look forward to reading another one.
Shannon
Mar 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: brenda-jackson
Slow beginning but a good book
Cynthia
Jan 08, 2012 rated it liked it
didnt like this one as much as spontanous
Dorel
May 23, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book's story line was slow. My heart broke for Rachel. I wish this story had less background & more chemistry & romance. I love Brenda Jackson books but this one wasn't all that.
Shone
Jan 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: All romance junkies
Forgiveness and getting past her fear is the key to Rachel's happiness.
Chivon
Oct 01, 2010 rated it liked it
You can't go wrong with Brenda Jackson. Such good love stories to get lost in.
Tigger
Mar 22, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it, third time reading this story
Lisa
May 23, 2012 marked it as to-read
Rebecca Vnuk's Top 5 Must-Read Romance Books
Nikita Isaac
Mar 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved the story line and characters.
Tracy Sellers
Dec 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love all of her work. I'm in the process of trying to get all of her books.
Karen
May 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: brenda-jackson
This series is off to a good start. I look forward to reading the rest of the books in this series.
Blue.Raven
Mar 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, the plot, and the characters. I smiled and smiled all throughout it!!!
Rochelle
Valerie Edouard
Jul 07, 2015
Nikki Taylor
Aug 05, 2015

• A Second Helping (Blessings, #2)
  • One Night With You (Grayson Friends, #3)
  • The Surgeon's Secret Baby (Hopewell General, #2)
  • Romancing the M.D. (Hopewell General, #3)
  • Case of Desire (Hopewell General, #4)
  • Engaging the Enemy (The Bourbon Brothers, #3)
  • Love Is Overdue
  • Keto Diet for Beginners: 30-Day Keto Meal Plan for Rapid Weight Loss. Ketogenic Meal Prep Cookbook Full of Easy to Follow Recipes! Lose up to 20 Pounds in 30 Days!
  • Love's Desire
  • The Boss Man's Fortune  (Dynasties: The Danforths, #5)
  • Home Fires Burning (12 Book Box Set)
  • Who Put This Song On?
  • The Grief Keeper
  • Speaking of Summer
  • The Last American Man
  • This Is Not a Love Scene
  • What Girls Are Made Of
  • The Truth Is
In 1994, Brenda Jacksons first novel, Tonight and Forever, was released. Since then she has had more than 100 novels and novellas published (the first African-American author to accomplish such a feat) and has over 3 million books in print.

A native of Jacksonville, Florida, Brenda is the first African-American author to have a book published by Harlequin Desire and the first African-American

Love in the Limelight (4 books)
  • Sing Your Pleasure (Love in the Limelight, #2)
  • Seduced on the Red Carpet (Love in the Limelight #3)
  • Lovers Premiere (Love in the Limelight #4)

News & Interviews