Start by marking “Trouble No More” as Want to Read:
Trouble No More

Trouble No More

Second Edition of Anthony Groom's award-winning collection of short stories, Trouble No More, set throughout the American South, presents stories that engage with history, politics, class, race, childhood, and life. They are the personal and public troubles of the African American middle class. These stories are about families, intact and estranged, about ordinary lives in ...more
Published January 1st 2006 by Kennesaw State University Press (first published October 31st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Trouble No More, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trouble No More

Start your review of Trouble No More
Beth
Dec 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: african-american
Another book that made me aware of how valuable short stories are. More than any other African American fiction I've read, this book took me into the heart of the civil rights struggle and made me intensely aware of the many conflicting thoughts and feelings driving everyday choices for people in the black community at the time. If you haven't read Tony Grooms, you are missing out on a gem!
Sally Kilpatrick
Aug 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Short stories from this book will make their way into the canon. I have the sinking feeling Tony Grooms may not be properly appreciated in his own time.
Victoria
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
There are some great stories in this collection. "Jack and Jill" is one I will likely use in the literature courses I teach.
Naveen Roy
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
A good read
Nandi Crawford
I read this some time ago. One of the stories that got me was the one with the two ladies on front that were trying to intergrate a little restaurant, but the lady there serving them was just as powerless to do anything for them as well. I could see the tug of war between both of parties and the outcome of the story. Interesting book.
Ben
Jan 01, 2009
Fe Wan-kenobi
rated it it was ok
Apr 05, 2016
Anthony Grooms grew up in rural Virginia. His education at the College of William and Mary and George Mason University led him to a teaching career in Georgia, where since 1995, he has taught creative writing and literature at Kennesaw State University, and directs its M. A. in Professional Writing Program. He is the author of Ice Poems, Trouble No More: Stories and Bombingham, a novel. His ...more