Start by marking “Redemption” as Want to Read:

4.3  ·  Rating details ·  449 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
The new novel from the masterful national bestselling author of Defining Moments.

Jacquelin Thomas has embraced the power of love and forgiveness in her award-winning novels. Now she explores the rewards of Redemption as a woman's desperate choices threaten to destroy her.
Published March 6th 2007 by NAL Hardcover (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Redemption, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Redemption

Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I read this book years ago and still remember how it took me on a journey; the power of redemption.
Jul 19, 2007 rated it it was amazing
A Redeeming Tale

Another refreshing novel, to quench the soul. Jacquelin Thomas' novels always move me. It's amazing how much of an answer I find for myself within her novels. This was definitely a tear-jerker. I wept for Marin, I wept for Warner and their children throughout this novel. It truly was an uphill battle for Marin and she lost alot, but in the end I do believe she was redeemed. Throughout all the trials and tribulation she put Warner through, I believe she did love him and never mean
Aug 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book was so awesome! I literally cried my eyes out when I finished reading. This was a definite page turner. I had to know what Marin, the main character, would do next. The lesson to be learned from this book: You can't be happy with anyone else or make them happy until you are happy with yourself!
Mahoghani 23
Marin was a woman who allowed her career to destroy her life. She's married to a very prominent preacher and they were living the life but her desire for for her acting career causes her to take a chance and use cocaine. Now she's spiraled out of control and too ashamed to go back home to, not only her husband and their two sons but her parents as well. Marin has finally hit rock bottom and needs the assistance of God and then builds up the courage to contact her husband. Now she returns home, p ...more
Sandra Menefee
Nov 08, 2010 rated it really liked it
Another novel stressing the importance of following God's plan for our lives. A minister and a hollywood actress - what a mismatch. Dispite the minister father's disagreement witht he marriage at first and all the other obvious obstacles, love prevails. Jacuelin Thomas show how easy it is to get caught up in everyday life full of temptations and evils. Marin goes though a deadly downward spiral after their marriage and hits rock bottom that only through God's redemptive powers can she be set fre ...more
Ama Major
Jan 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Honestly, I had to pick this book up 3 times to attempt to read it, each time it ended up back on the shelf. The beginning was so incredibly dry. I had this book over a year before I could actually bring myself to finish it. But once the story gets rolling and you learn more about Marin and her troubles you get sucked, I did at least. The ending really pulled my heart strings. I won't ruin it for those who haven't read it but it was unexpected. Very good book if you can get past the extremely dr ...more
May 09, 2012 rated it did not like it
One of the worst books I've ever read. I have never read a book where I had been thinking about how it could be better. I felt no emotions other than anger at Marin. She was being stupid and really unrealistic in some parts. Some characters were horribly underdeveloped.
I enjoyed only the surprise ending. The epilogue then ruined that. If I had a choice, I would go back in time and NOT have read this.
Oct 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Very simply written. A good storyline. But the writing was too simple and I couldn't enjoy the journey because it was just simple for me. I didn't like the ending...... It was just too unrealistic. I would have liked to see her develop the characters more, particularly the husband, who is the main character I don't feel like I got to know him well. As a Christian, I didn't like the fact that the judgmental "stereotypical church" people never learned to be loving and accepting.
Linda Leon
Oct 19, 2012 rated it it was ok
Redemption takes a classic biblical story and modernizes it. I thought the book was too predictable and not very believable in certain aspects. However, it did stay true to the Bible in terms of a person's life being able to be redeemed from very destitute circumstances. I would have liked to have seen a stronger ending.
Jun 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
I haven't read a book in awhile that made me tear up! A very nice story of love, faith and the will to follow the path that God has set for you. I wasn't expecting the end but it showed how life throws you curveballs when you least expect them and how you deal with them shows a lot about your character and faith.
Dec 30, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There is a powerful and moving message of God's love and redemption in this novel. The author did a wonderful job of portraying the story within the book of Hosea in the Bible in a contemporary setting.
Jul 15, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favorites
Good book. Jacquelin Thomas is a good writer, she keeps you interested. The woman in this book, Marin, is crazy, I don't know if God really told Warner to marry her, you know, with him being a preacher. They don't seem to be a good match...
Darlene Carr
Sep 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was so awesome, it was so hard to put down. It was also a tear jerk, a true God fear man of unconditional love. I wish I could find a man that loved me like Warner loved Marin. Warner was truly a man of the cloth. This was a great, great book of god love.
Sixrs cole
Sep 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is a must read. A fictional account of biblical facts it tells the story of a man who marries a woman who goes WAAAAAAYYY to the left and instead of listening to the world, listens AND follows God. This book still resonates in my heart.
Che' Montgomery
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Book!!!
Carol Hornsby-mccoy
Nov 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful ending to love ever after.
Angenette Burns
Oct 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
Great read...
Josephine Pompey
Mar 30, 2010 rated it really liked it
This was a great read ~ a modern day bible story from the book of Hosea. This book has a lot to offer couples, and is a great story about the meaning of unconditional love.
Mar 29, 2012 rated it liked it
This was a pretty good book, kind of dry but good.
Shari Rosario
Jun 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: To everyone
Excellent book of faith. If you believe in God you definately should read this book. I've learned if you put your faith in God all things are possible. It is a tear jerker though.
May 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed!
Sep 23, 2008 rated it it was ok
Wow talk about forgiveness! A nice book with a couple two,three surprises along the way
Apr 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Beautifully written and scripturally educational. What a story, what a couple...what an illustration of how God wants us to love.
Jun 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful! The story is about unconditional love and addiction!
Renee Tate
May 28, 2013 rated it it was ok
I hated the ending. I understand that redemption does not always mean a happy ending but I would have liked to see Marin really right her wrongs.
At first I didn't know if I would like the book or not. But once I started reading it, I couldn't stop. I took that book everywhere I went. It was amazing, and a future life changing book.
Mikha ϟ
Mar 26, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned
This is kinda different from the books i usually read. Ü

I was moved. OKAY, I wasn't moved but it was MOVING. haha. :D
Phenomenal read!!! 2 12 Mar 29, 2012 01:26PM
  • Steppin' Into the Good Life
  • Joy
  • Holy Ghost Corner
  • Boaz Brown (Boaz Brown, #1)
  • Everybody Say Amen
  • My Soul Cries Out
  • Goodness and Mercy (Blessed Trinity)
  • Because of Grace
  • Not Easily Broken
  • A Woman's Worth
  • The Bishop's Daughter
  • Speak to My Heart (Spirit and Soul #1)
Jacquelin Thomas is an award winning, best selling author with 50+ titles published. Her books have garnered several awards, including two EMMA awards, the Romance In Color Reviewers Award, Readers Choice Award and the Atlanta Choice Award in the Religious & Spiritual category. Jacquelin was a 2005 honoree at the Houston Black Film Festival for the movie adaptation of her novel, Hidden Blessin ...more
More about Jacquelin Thomas...

Fiction Deals

• Vanessa and Her Sister
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The King's Mistress
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Sun (The Northern Lights Series, No 3)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Cement Garden (Ian McEwan Series Book 2)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Book of Love: Poems of Ecstasy and Longing
    $8.24 $1.99
  • Under the Wide and Starry Sky
  • Illuminations: A Novel of Hildegard von Bingen
    $14.95 $1.99
  • The Cove
    $7.49 $1.99
  • The Secret Healer (The Secret Healer #1)
    $3.49 $0.99