Start by marking “Her Mother's Shadow (Kiss River #3)” as Want to Read:
Her Mother's Shadow (Kiss River #3)

Her Mother's Shadow

(Kiss River #3)

Her Mother's Shadow by Diane Chamberlain released on Dec 28, 2004 is available now for purchase.
Published December 28th 2004 by MIRA (first published February 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Her Mother's Shadow, please sign up.
Joanne I read the first book in the series which gives the basis for number 3. When I picked this one up from the library, I thought it was number 2 and just…moreI read the first book in the series which gives the basis for number 3. When I picked this one up from the library, I thought it was number 2 and just discovered it isn't. There are some gaps in the plot for me since I didn't read number 2. I wish there were mention of which in the series this one was so I could have proceeded in the right chronological order. Nevertheless, I am mentally filling in the gaps.
(less)

Jennifer Wardrip
May 05, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Diane Chamberlain is a master storyteller, able to blend romance with women's fiction in a seamless flow of words. In a trilogy set in North Carolina's Outer Banks, HER MOTHER'S SHADOW is the grand finale to a tale that began with KEEPER OF THE LIGHT and flowed flawlessly into KISS RIVER.

HER MOTHER'S SHADOW focuses on Lacey O'Neill, a woman in her late twenties who has spent the past decade molding herself into the image of her mother. When Lacey was thirteen, her mother, "Saint Anne," was fatal
Darby
May 11, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: drama-romance, 2008
This was my favorite of the series and the third and last in the series. It had me in tears and made me feel a wide range of emotions tied to what was happening the characters. I cared about them and what was happening to them. This as the other two in the series was a page turner and easy read. I am really enjoying this authors books and going to keep putting them on my reading list!
clio teixeira
Jun 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I have officially fallen in love with Diane Chamberlain's writing. I recently read her "Kiss River Trilogy" and highly recommend it bt pleeeaaasseee do yourself a favor and avoid reviews that give away too much- even well-intentioned reviewers often give away too of the plot- and PLEASE read the trilogy in order: "Keeper of the Light", "Kiss River" and "Her Mother's Shadow"..I was blessed, lucky or whatever that I read "Keeper of the Light" first and knew nothing about the book order than the bl ...more
Marleen
Having read the books in this trilogy over quite a wide time-span, I couldn’t fully appreciate the continuity in the stories. Indeed, the first book I read well over 2 decades ago (Keeper of the Light – 1992), the second (Kiss River – 2003), that was another decade after – and now this third one, written in 2004. I have to say that Her Mother’s Shadow has all the hallmarks and familiarity of Diane Chamberlain’s earlier work. In my opinion, the author has only started to tell us great stories in ...more
Kathy
Sep 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well, the awesome Diane Chamberlain has done it again! I just loved the final instalment of the Kiss River trilogy – Her Mothers Shadow – This one being my favourite of the series. Her Mothers Shadow tied up the three books of the O’Neill family nicely and I thoroughly enjoyed the people, the storyline, the secrets and the setting. Great read!

Sandra
May 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Great book! It really tied up the story of the O'Neill family and it was very enjoyable. I ended up reading the second half of the book in one sitting! There's not much I can say about this book without giving things away, but like most of Diane Chamberlain's books, there were a few twists to the story. I actually figured out two of the twists before they came out, but it didn't detract from the story at all. I can highly recommend reading all of the books in the Kiss River trilogy - you could r ...more
Denise
Jul 11, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Jodi Picoult
Recommended to Denise by: Readers at Diane's blog: www.dianechamberlain.com
This was the third book in the Keeper of the Light trilogy. It was excellent, and I wish Diane would follow-up on these amazing characters.

Diane's books are always full of complex interesting characters, good plots, family relationships and drama, suspense and many secrets to be revealed in the end.
Jan
Jul 25, 2014 rated it liked it
I'll give this one 3.5 stars. Like Kiss River, I just didn't feel the connection to the characters like I did to the older generation in Keeper of the Light. I wasn't convinced of their connection. Still, Chamberlain didn't fail to surprise me with the twists in the end! I like how the trilogy wrapped up.
Liz
May 18, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2008
LOVED this book. It is the third in a trilogy. I highly reccomend anything that this author has wrote!
Denise
Aug 22, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I loved the Keeper of the Light trilogy (this was the 3rd book in the trilogy) and one of the best.
Alison
I didn't realize this book was part of a trilogy when I picked it up at the library. However, it is fine as a stand alone and I'm not sure I want or need to go back and read the 1st and 2nd books in the series. There were a lot of characters introduced early on and I thought I might have trouble keeping them straight but as the story progressed, each character emerged as a necessary cog in the machine and their roles were revealed one by one until the last page. If you like books that tie up all ...more
Lori Smith
Not as good as the first two.
Julie
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Her Mother's Shadow perfectly finished the trilogy set in Kiss River which began with The Keeper of the Light. Lacey O'Neill watched her mother get murdered in the first book and in this final part of the story she finds her own path and learns how to trust and love again. These characters are beautifully written and I will miss my stay in Kiss River...until I return.
Jill
Nov 16, 2018 rated it liked it
This was more like the first one. A bit predictable but good story and good follow up to the backstory of characters missing from the second book.
Judy Collins
Feb 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!!! The Kiss River Series was amazing!!! It belongs on the BEST BOOKS EVER (which I voted) and movie based on Her Mother’s Shadow. I was so sorry to see the trilogy end, as would love to see a continuation of all the loveable characters and the new ones. It is hard to say which one was my favorite as they are all unique; however, Her Mother’s Shadow was excellent and would have to say the grand finale was exceptional and the best!!!

It was a Nook book which I read in two days, and blew off w
Kate
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
I don't know if I've just read too many of this authors books lately, or if her early work just sucks. Every plot line was predictable. Why Jessica chose Lacey, who Mackenzies dad was, why the lawyer was there, the dog storyline, who Lacey would end up with romantically. No surprises.

Like the last book, everyone acts like Lacey is some kind of sexual deviant. Including herself. She actually dragged herself to a therapist for sex addiction because she enjoys sex outside a relationship? Give me a
Anne Fadzil
Nov 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own
I didn't realize I picked up a book about the daughter cos I've read the book about the mother. More like about the father lol. The author never disappoints, really. I thought I have it all figured out about the ending; Rick but hoho when they reveal the real father to mckenzie wow. I suspected but doubted it.

Technically, if it weren't for the meddling Lacey, they would sooner or later found out about Mckenzie's real father. And then they decided to keep it a secret. Just because you screw up it
Liz
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Two storylines are woven together making a really enjoyable read. There was a good mix of old and new characters and lots of drama and suspense. I'm not sure I was fully engaged in the novel as the plot twists shocked me whereas I see that many other readers figured them out. A great conclusion to the Kiss River series. I look forward to reading lots more books by Diane Chamberlain.
Rachelle Ayala
Apr 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Healing can't begin until the truth is known. For too long, Lacey O'Neill has held her mother's memory hostage. She compares everything she does against what her mother would have done. When her best friend dies and leaves Lacey as guardian for her trouble preteen daughter, Lacey is forced to reevaluate everything she knew about her mother, her mother's murderer and every family relationship in her web. Secrets are spilled, but healing follows.

This is a heart touching story about love, redemptio
Melanie
Feb 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book is the last one in the trilogy starting with Keeper of the Light, then Kiss River. They were all good books, but Kiss River was my least favorite. I liked following the lives of the O'Neill family. It is better to read all three books in order. Diane Chamberlain paints such a vivid description of the Outer Banks that I want to book a vacation there now. She always throws in an unexpected surprise at the end of each book. I'm sad to be finished with all three!
Brenda  Whitner
Oct 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
I am sad that this trilogy is over with. The books were very good. I liked the second one the best. I kind of had this one figured out. It was very good though. I love all of the characters in the book. I loved the subject of forgiveness that it faced. Lacey played a very strong part in this book. Her character is very likable. I wish there was another book to tell us how everyone got along. But there is no mystery to that right. Excellent read.
Barb
Jan 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was my favorite book of the three "Kiss River" series books. All along, I've just loved Lacey. It's taken her some time to come into her own, but she does and shines in this book . . . now, I'm interested to see if Mackenzie will have her own story. I really like how Ms. Chamberlain brings all the characters together and intertwines them through the novels. As for Annie, where the stories all began, I still did not warm up to her character. I recommend reading the Kiss River series ;)
Alana
Jun 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the way this book wrapped up all the questions from the previous books. They weren't obvious questions but thoughts about the characters. Book 1 was great I found book 2 not so compelling but this book as good as book 1 and listened at every opportunity.
Suz
Jun 02, 2008 rated it really liked it
This was the first of Chamberlain's books I read. This isn't my normal genre to read, but was pleasantly surprised by the way the author weaved multiple story lines into one ccohesive read.
Deb
Jun 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
I had nearly all the twists figured out. It was still nice to read about these characters and wrap the trilogy up.
Phyllis
Jul 16, 2008 rated it really liked it
Family situations. Takes places in south carolina
Tatiana
May 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Очень понравилось!
Wendy Jonson
Jan 20, 2012 rated it liked it
3 - 3 1/2 stars
Sue
Jun 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great read, thoroughly enjoyed it.
Amy
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Sep 12, 2015 09:51AM
  • YOU: The Smart Patient: An Insider's Handbook for Getting the Best Treatment
  • Best Friends
  • Twelve Times Blessed
  • Bridie's Choice
  • The Angel at No. 33
  • Barefoot at Midnight (Barefoot Bay Timeless, #3; Barefoot Bay Universe #18)
  • White House Nannies
  • The Summer Of Us
  • Dear Thing
  • Trust by Design (Colorado Trust, #2)
  • Remembering Love
  • Happiness Key (Happiness Key, #1)
  • Island Road (The Billionaire Brothers #3)
  • Magnolia Creek
  • Looking for Peyton Place
  • Gotcha Capitalism: How Hidden Fees Rip You Off Every Day-and What You Can Do About It
  • A Love Of Her Own
  • Escape to Paradise
Diane Chamberlain is the New York Times, USA Today and Sunday Times bestselling author of 26 novels published in more than twenty languages. Her most recent novel is The Dream Daughter. Some of her most popular books include Necessary Lies, The Silent Sister, The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes, and The Keeper of the Light Trilogy. Diane likes to write complex stories about relationships between men ...more

Kiss River (3 books)
  • Keeper of the Light (Kiss River #1)
  • Kiss River (Kiss River #2)