Start by marking “Social Psychology: Goals in Interaction” as Want to Read:
Social Psychology: Goals in Interaction

Social Psychology: Goals in Interaction

"Amazing deeds of heroism and horrific acts of terrorism. Undying love, friendships gone wrong, and inspirational leadership."Social Psychology: Goals in Interaction introduces the student to the fascinating mysteries of social behavior. By revealing the motives behind social behavior--"why "people love, hate, lead, and follow, for example--and bridging the person and the ...more
Published October 1st 2009 by Allyn & Bacon (first published December 10th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Social Psychology, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Social Psychology

Start your review of Social Psychology: Goals in Interaction
Social Studies
Apr 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The chapter on relationships and love is epic.
Dre Battles
Jul 31, 2013 rated it liked it
I had to use this text book for my intro to social psychology class. There are many good qualities about this book on being, and in my opinion the best, is that it is an easy read. Unlike a lot of textbooks this one is not a dull dry read with vocabulary no one really uses.
The book also have very interesting true stories that tie in to the theme of the chapter.

The down side is that the book is very conversational (could be a good quality for some but most in my class saw it as a fault). It take
Ashley
Jun 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: text-books, own
This is one of the very few texts books that I not only read everything, but enjoyed reading. It is very well written and is interesting. The layout is great. The authors tell a story at the beginning of each chapter, and then use that story throughout to illustrate different points, and then revisit it again at the end to bring it all together. I enjoyed this book a lot. It made me rethink my career goals! A career in Social Psych would never be fascinating!
Courtney Johnson
Jan 18, 2016 rated it liked it
This book was for my social psychology class at PLU. I actually preferred it more than most, however I didn't read the last few chapters. I liked the story at the beginning and the end of the chapter to give a real life example of the topic discussed. This book was good for school, but I will be selling it asap.
Ryan Lang
Jul 28, 2012 rated it liked it
The textbook is a good overview of the topic, but is quite vague when it comes to hard facts, leaving much of the message ambiguous in meaning and with little cited scientific support. For a more in depth, accurate, and sensible discussion of social psychology for those seriously interested, I recommend Advanced Social Psychology: The State of the Science, by Roy F. Baumeister and Eli J. Finkel.
Angela
Oct 08, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So far, this textbook is really easy to read. It is also interesting. I think some of the ease may have to do with my professor. She rocks.
Shauna
Dec 12, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: textbooks, psychology
This book is easy to understand and easy to read. I actually enjoyed reading a textbook! It is an overview if you will, of social psychology. It's not too in depth but it gives a good overview.
Kris
May 09, 2018
Holly
Dec 07, 2014
Bob DePino
rated it did not like it
Jan 21, 2020

• Pumpkinheads
  • Inside Out
  • Ghost Fleet: A Novel of the Next World War
  • Personality Psychology: Domains of Knowledge about Human Nature
  • Live More Think Less: Overcoming Depression and Sadness with Metacognitive Therapy
  • Lila: An Inquiry Into Morals (Phaedrus, #2)
  • Principles of Cognitive Neuroscience
  • Hur jag lärde mig förstå världen
  • The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks & Win Your Inner Creative Battles
  • The Happiness Advantage: The Seven Principles of Positive Psychology That Fuel Success and Performance at Work
  • Research Methods in Education
  • China's Communist Party: Atrophy and Adaptation
  • Viruset och världen
  • Terror and Liberalism
  • Konservatism
  • Liberalism
  • Ärr för livet
Professor of Psychology at Arizona State University. His research and writing integrate three scientific syntheses of the last few decades: evolutionary psychology, cognitive science, and dynamical systems theory. He is author of over 170 scientific articles, books, and book chapters, the majority applying evolutionary ideas to human cognition and behavior.

His father and brother both spent several

News & Interviews