Start by marking “Social Psychology” as Want to Read:
Social Psychology

Social Psychology

Authors Gilovich, Keltner, and Nisbett cover classic content while integrating themes like culture, evolution, and neuroscience. Emergent areas of study like emotion, morality, and judgment are included throughout the text to give students the most accurate and contemporary picture of the field. To emphasize the relevance of social psychology in everyday life, the Second E ...more
Hardcover, 2nd Edition, 606 pages
Published February 1st 2010 by W. W. Norton & Company (first published March 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Social Psychology, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Social Psychology

Start your review of Social Psychology
Xander
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I read this book as part of self-study (following an online course on Psychology) and I was particularly interested in the application of psychological science to the field of our social world. In other words: how we shape, and are shaped by, our social situations. Even though the field of social psychology is indeed interesting, I found the book (and the field) a bit tiresome, biased and uninformative.

(1) The book was tiresome because of the hundreds, or even thousands, of experiments. This be
Andrew
Jul 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Very broad, but enough references to dive deeper on the more interesting subjects.
Esmee
May 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read this book for my social psychology class. Really clear and very interesting book for an introduction into social psychology!
Sidong
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
The point I learned from reading this thick textbook: Human beings' behaviours are so biased and unconsciously so subject to the influence of environment! However, being aware of these patterns can not only help us to avoid these pitfalls or businesspeople's intentional manipulation but also utilize these psychological principles for doing good.
Karl Oskar
Apr 05, 2015
Allie Cooper
Dec 28, 2015
Annie
it sucks. Where is the actual book?
Margarida
Feb 22, 2018
Austin Lewis
Sep 06, 2016
Bryce Sweeney
rated it did not like it
Feb 05, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Social Psychology
  • Predictably Irrational: The Hidden Forces That Shape Our Decisions
  • Children of Virtue and Vengeance (Legacy of Orïsha, #2)
  • Exploring Social Psychology
  • The Personality Puzzle
  • Bundle: McBride: Cognitive Psychology: Theory, Process, and Methodology, 2e (Paperback) + McBride: Cognitive Psychology: Theory, Process, and Methodology, 2e Interactive eBook (Ieb)
  • Criminal Investigation
  • Forensic Psychology: A Very Short Introduction
  • American Accent Training: A Guide to Speaking and Pronouncing American English for Anyone Who Speaks English as a Second Language (Book and CD)
  • Pure Land: A True Story of Three Lives, Three Cultures, and the Search for Heaven on  Earth
  • Outmatched
  • The Play (Briar U, #3)
  • Broken Trust (Dark Legacy #2)
  • Refuge (Relentless, #2)
  • Relentless (Relentless, #1)
  • Essentials of Physical Anthropology
  • Campbell Biology
  • Rogue (Relentless, #3)
From Wikipedia:

Thomas D. Gilovich (born 1954) is a professor of psychology at Cornell University who has researched decision making and behavioral economics and has written popular books on said subjects. He has collaborated with Daniel Kahneman, Lee Ross and Amos Tversky.

Gilovich earned his B.A. from the University of California, Santa Barbara and his Ph.D. in psychology from Stanford University

News & Interviews