Start by marking “Love, by George” as Want to Read:
Love, by George

Love, by George (You, Me and the Kids #16)

3.61  ·  Rating details ·  18 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Name: George
Breed: Harlequin Great Dane
Identifying Traits: One blue eye, one brown eye... and a propensity for trouble

George was last seen escaping from the home of his recently divorced owner, restaurateur Brad Ralston. He wasn't wearing a leash and had a mischievous glint in his eye and is probably headed for Paws Spa, where single mom Kara Williams can be found groomi
Published December 1st 2007 by Harlequin Special Releases (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Love, by George, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love, by George

Danielle
I have to say this book caught my eye because of the cover. I’m a sucker for love stories involving pets, especially dogs, and when I saw this cover with one of my favorite dog breeds on it, a Great Dane, I just had to get my hands on it and read the story.

George, is a big, lovable, gentle, sweet, “talkative”, Great Dane who reminds me so much of Bear aka Bubba Dog. I’m not sure if anyone else notices these sorts of things about their pets, maybe it’s just because I tend to notice more things th
Stefanie London
Love, By George is about two people, who’ve been burned by love, being brought together by a mischievous Great Dane. When George runs away from the Ralston family home and heads straight for Paws Spa, Kara Williams does the right thing and delivers him home to Brad Ralston. George's creative acts of escapism continue and the lives of Kara and Brad begin intertwining beyond George and his antics.

There is plenty of sexual tension between Brad and Kara, although the heat in this story is very, very
Nova
Dec 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: debra-salonen
This is the story of Brad, Kara and a matchmaking dog named George.

George escapes from the home of his divorced owner, Brad. Brad owns and runs a restaurant in town. George didn't have a leash on when he shows up at Paws Spa.
Single mom Kara owns and runs the animal spa. She grooms George when he shows up all by himself. She has to call newly single Brad to let him know George is at the spa. When Brad shows up to get George, Kara finds she still has a crush on Brad.
Both Brad and Kara try to hide
Gail
Cute little story. Heroine is the owner of a dog grooming business. Hero is the busy owner of a Great Dane client of the heroine. The dog, George, gets bored and keeps digging out of his pen (BIG holes!) and going to visit the heroine. She is also the single mom of twin girls, while the hero is the recently divorced father of a junior high aged boy who's having trouble with his mom moving to Mexico with her new boyfriend, the hero's former business partner. So obviously there is plenty of angst. ...more
Emily
Jan 03, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Was a good and fun story to read. Kara is a single mom to twin girls. She runs an animal grooming spa. George is a great dane that shows up at her shop with out his owner, Brad. Brad is a single dad who runs a restaurant. George brings them together.

A bad storm necessitates Kara staying at Brad's house after George escaped again. They get to talking and discover they have feelings for each other. Kara ends up moving in the attached apartment and making life much more meaningful and pleasant for
Susan
Jul 05, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: harlequin
Gave this book a second chance and ended up liking it. Story was interesting as were the characters. It was fun, short read.

The only thing that bothered me was when the father kept calling his son 'son'. Does anyone even do that anymore?
Darlene Wilson
Went to Leah's Gr 8 grad - left my book in the car - so had nothing to read going to bed. Found this one in a box by the bed - likely one of Emma's - so read it. A nice little love story - very enjoyable!
Shannon
Feb 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: harlequin, 2012-reads
Cute book, enjoyed reading it!
Teresa
Mar 09, 2010
Dyani
Jun 15, 2010
Debra Salonen
Apr 14, 2011 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Lisa
Synthetic Darkness
Jul 02, 2016
Marsha
Jul 11, 2016
- Born and raised in Brookings, South Dakota. Youngest of five (much youngest). A Baby Boomer who married her high school sweetheart (our lockers were side-by-side). Mother of two, grandmother of three darling princesses, dog mother of 2.5 mutts.

- Graduate of South Dakota State University with a Master’s degree in Geography and History.

- Job history: taxi driver, flax seed counter, cartographer, r
More about Debra Salonen...

You, Me and the Kids (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • Faith and Our Father
  • Shenandoah Christmas
  • The Man Upstairs
  • Kelton's Rules
  • The Second Family (You, Me & the Kids) (Harlequin Superromance, #1144)
  • Married In Haste