Start by marking “Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 2

CLAMP

Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 2 (Cardcaptor Sakura #2)

4.3  ·  Rating details ·  3,012 Ratings  ·  78 Reviews
Just as Sakura gets used to her Cardcaptor duties, a new boy arrives in town, Syaoran Li, a distant relative of Clow and says the cards are his birthright; however, there can only be one Cardcaptor.
Library Binding, 183 pages
Published March 2008 by Paw Prints (first published April 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 2

Sonia
Jan 10, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I love this series. I mean when i was a little girl, this anime was my life. I watched every episode, bought the cards, and even later learned of the uncut japanese version, I watched it. I was nuts about this series. The manga series and anime are different. minor changes. This volume though made me cringe.

Tomoyo is the cousin of Sakura once removed (?) and she is in love with Sakura. The problem I had with this volume is the fact that Tomoyo's mother is trying to carve her daughter into looki
Sesana
I cringed through the entire volume. First there was the discovery that Sakura's parents married when her mother was a 16-year-old high school student and her father was her teacher. And then there's the even more squicky subplot of one of Sakura's classmates (in fourth grade) apparently accepting a proposal from one of their teachers. (Did I mention that they're fourth graders?) Next to that, Tomoyo and her mother's shared legacy of unrequited love for a cousin can almost pass you right by. (Th ...more
Glire
Shaoran ha aparecido.

description

No le doy mas estrellas sólo porque de verdad me descoloca todo eso de la relación de Rika con su profesor. El profesor como mínimo debe tener como 20 años, y Rika tiene 10 años. No quiero basar toda mi calificación del tomo en eso, ni juzgar demasiado porque tal vez es cultural, tal vez en Japón eso no está mal visto. No lo sé. Y si ignoramos ese hecho, todo lo demás sigue siendo genial.

Taylor
Nov 06, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, shojo
Am i the only one totally weirded out by the multiple student-teacher relationships in this manga?
Danny Phanton
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Omfg con este tomo, me encantó mucho, mucho, mucho, esa relación de Tomoyo-Sakura me encanta, esto es mucho fangirleo, fanboyleo, como sea, me encanta, aparte esos guiños del hermano de Sakura con Yukito y Syaoron askldjklasdjkla, es genial, me gusta más todo eso que lo de las cartas, pero me alegro que Sakura vaya mejorando para atraparlas, ¡me encanta!
Kami
Dec 08, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
- I am not ok with teachers going out with students, especially 4th graders!! EW!! I can' believe Sakura's dad and mom had a teacher/student relationship too!

- This new guy, Syaoran, is weird! I'm still trying to figure out if he is gay or if there is something else about Yukito that hasn't been revealed yet.

- The illustrations still crack me up!

- That sword card is really cool! I want that one!

- I don't quite understand all the different outfits Sakura has to wear when she goes out to find a C
Dyah
Marks the appearance of Li Syaoran.
But the way he's smitten with Yukito is ridiculous, I think.
Okuta Otherside
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In this volume finally we can know more about Sakura's parents and Tomoyo's mom past. Also Li Syaoran is appear in this volume too! More shounen-ai and shoujo-ai hints, more complex clowcard to seal and we get more info about Clow, the magician that makes the clowcard. I personally love this volume more than volume 1 and can't wait to starting read the volume 3!
Natalie
When Sakura opens a book in her father's library, she accidentally frees the Guardian of the Seal and now must collect the escaped Clow Cards. Cue the cutest, most tooth-achingly sweet adventure ever! Given that the target audience for this is kids, older readers may feel a little disenchanted with how easily everything is solved. And not to mention, this is volume where things get weird.

Sakura is a fourth grader. One of her classmates is engaged to their teacher. Sakura's mother was a student w
Robin
Jun 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
When asked what my favorite manga-ka is, I'd have to say CLAMP without a moment's hesitation. When asked what my favorite manga by CLAMP is, though, I hesitate. It's so hard to narrow it down.

Ultimately, though, CCS is definitely in my top five. This manga is so damn charming. The main character is wonderful, delightful, and so strong, her supporting cast is memorable and beautiful. The manga covers many themes and motifs, but the one that's most compelling to me is the concept that love comes
Azur
The main storyline is wonderful but why is everybody's love life weird as heck? (I'm not talking about the homosexual relationships, they are perfectly fine.) (view spoiler) ...more
Sheila
HAHAHAHAHA esto es tan bonito y cómico

Cosas para recordar:

Mamá y papá de Sakura se casaron= ella 16 y el 25 (Siendo el profesor)
Mama de Sakura y la de Tomoyo son primas
Tomoyo le gusta Sakura y también Touya por el parecido a Sakura
Sakura y a Li-Shaoran le gusta Yukito
Yukito(Tsukishiro) le gusta Touya (Hermano de Sakura)

Rika y el profesor son novios y el le dio un anillo de compromiso... (Rika tiene que tener como 12 años y el profesor como 25)

Yamazake: Yo tambien estoy nervioso por saber si comp
Lau
Aug 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Qué tierno es este manga!

Sakura es muy muy ingeniosa! y no recordaba lo odioso que es Syaoran cuando recién aparece (aunque cómico también).

Hoe... nunca había caído en la cuenta de que Tomoyo y Sakura son primas, lo que no le impide a Tomoyo estar enamorada de ella... no es incesto eso? XD. También me resultó perturbadora la relación de Rika con "alguien mayor que ella", se fueron medio al cuerno con eso y aún así está mostrado con ternura. Sólo CLAMP XD.

Steph
The first volume was so good. Why did they have to introduce pedophilia and incest and other nasty stuff to this otherwise adorable and innocent manga??

That grossed me out so much, I contemplated giving this volume fewer stars. But I really loved the part with the flower card. It's morbid, but I'm fascinated by the idea of suffocating in a mess of flowers. too much sweetness is deadly. But of course flowery Sakura herself saved the day!
Bookworm
Dec 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Things that make me happy: queer presentation.
Melissa
OMG. I am only giving this manga an extra star for nostalgia's sake.

I know I gave Vol. 1 four stars but there are some really disturbing aspects about Vol. 2 that I somehow never noticed before (when I read the manga and watched the anime as a child).

Vol. 2 had a bunch of really weird/disturbing relationships going on.

First, we discover that Sakura's mom was only 16 when she married her 27-year-old teacher. LIKE WHAAAAT?? That means Sakura's dad was a pedophile!!
I guess Sakura takes after her
Jae Meh
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m sure i want to read clowcard sakura and i know the book was interesting because it has magic and the picture was beautiful so i decide to read it since i know some of japan language.

The cardcaptor sakura 2 is about one little girl who get back the missing card because the card turn into real life and it bad so Sakura need to return them into their true form. She will gain her power if she collect many clow card because some clow card help her. Sakura is different than any character in the s
Elizabeth
May 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sakura need to track down the all missing card but she need a strong power to collect all card. This book lesson was about how the magic work and how to control. And she need to fight with other people have those card so sakura need to fight with other people to earn power card. And Sakura has collected all of the Clow Cards, but her quest is not over yet cause there is the master who control all card. And if Sakura fight with his master she will earn all cards so sakura need strong power to fig ...more
Vie
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-manhwa
I understand there are some people don't like this volume because CLAMP featured some 'problematic relationship' here quite clearly than in the anime (or maybe I just skimmed it over when I was a kid and still thoughtless at that time?) and it maybe disturbing to read. Like relationship between Sakura's parents and Rika with their teacher.

Nevertheless, I read this volume with open minded and still enjoying the story.
Also the cutesy side, they were introducing Syaoran here and I forgot how adorab
Brenda
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, manga
This volume was so cute. Sakura and Li's crush on Yuki was very adorable. The crush between the teacher and student was a little strange though because of the age difference but shouldn't be surprised since Sakura's parents had the same thing happen to them. They fell in love when they were student and teacher and it was nice to finally meet Tomoyo's mother and the relationship between her and Sakura's mother (cousins). The rivalry between Sakura's father and Tomoyo's mother was funny. The rival ...more
Ceejay
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This classic manga by the crew at Clamp continues with us finding out more about Sakura and Tomoyo's parents. It seems that there is a surprise connection. We also meet a new Cardcaptor. Life won't be made any easier for Sakura with this extra Cardcaptor around. It also seems that Sakura's crush on Yukito might have some competition! Oh! And there are clow cards to be obtained.
Mike
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2017
A joy to read, artwork is amazing.
Martina
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-2017
Il delirio totale. Lo amo!
Engel Dreizehn
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-2017
Awe....that good days of watching the anime but I have never read a manga volume fully yet! This is good. Highly recommended girl's manga series.
Rita
Pros:
Everyone is gay and I love it.
Illustrations are perfect; Honestly, the fashion design is on point.
Li Syaoran.

Cons:
Includes multiple teacher/student relationships & hints at romantic interests/feelings between cousins.
Yue
**UPDATED 5/May/2016**

So today I had to update my rating of vol. #2, after re-reading it after years. I'll start with the good stuff, that are the battles, the introduction of Li, some interactions between Yukito and Touya, Tomoyo's mother overreacting when she meets Sakura's father after years of not seeing each other; Kero playing video-games and saying Yue's name in dreams. But by far my favorite scene were the interactions between Tomoyo's mother and Sakura's father; the lady is hilarious. I
Christina
A new student, Li Syaoran, transfers to Sakura's school and immediately begins harassing her! Syaoran is a distant relative of Clow Reed and has come to collect the Clow Cards from Sakura, even by force. Kerberos tells Sakura that the cards belong to her now and he has no right to take them from her, but he just won't give up. He tries to steal the unclaimed cards, and now he acts as if he were in love with Sakura's crush, Yuki! Syaoran is already Sakura's biggest rival yet!

UUHHHH, LOL. SO APPAR
Heather
Loved it! So cute and loved the animation. This seemed to be less focused on actually figuring out the card and had a quick fight and more focused on he drama around the main characters.

(view spoiler)
Nathaly Alvarez Jimenez

Una de las diferencias más grandes entre el anime y el manga es que la trama del manga es mucho más directa, no da tantas vueltas sino que muestra justo lo necesario. Está menos enfocado en atrapar las cartas y más en los dramas ocurriendo entre los personajes.

Sin embargo, estoy molesta porque este manga es tan lindo pero tiene unas cosas que simplemente no puedo soportar:

-Me sentí incómoda debido a la relación entre Rika y el profesor Terada. Yo sé que la edad de consentimiento en Japón es 13 a
Ana O. Feliz
Complejo de Lolita? Donde? jajaja
description

Solo es el segundo tomo y ya ha eclipsado mis inocentes recuerdos.
Feather Mista
Qué sorpresa, una vez más descubro que no tengo marcados la mitad de series que juraría haber readeado hace bocha. Y, como siempre, copipasteo una reseña pedorra y genérica que no dice nada para disminuir el riesgo de que barran con todo otra vez.
Pero que conste que la serie en general me pareció muy divertida, creo recordar.
Jean
A lot of love issues raised in this book. Everyone's gay. Sakura's cousin was in love with her mother... Teachers in Japan love to date minors. Pretty intense for a 10 year old. I'm thinking Clamp should've made Sakura in high school and her brother in college. Then it would be less creepy.
Mob is precious
Mar 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would not recommend this to someone who isn't fine hints of yaoi, yuri, and I don't even know what to call this other category! (basically 4th grader in a relationship with a teacher)

But if you don't mind it then this is a super adorable manga and I love it :)
How I dislike Li haha
Kimberly
Jan 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bumped the rating down a bit simply because of the Rika/Terada relationship. A fourth grader with a teacher isn't cool. HOWEVER, it's very subtle and not much time is spent on their story, I didn't feel icky about it.

The other relationships in this volume are sweet. ❤
Bells
Sep 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me pareció un poco más flojo que el primer tomo por lo que le doy un 3'5.
sakura es un personaje que se me hace muy entrañable.
hay una nueva incorporación lo que hace más atractivo el manga.
Nancy
Aug 05, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The second volume of Card Captor Sakura continues Sakura's quest to collect all of the Clow Cards. We get new characters introduced in this volume, the most interesting being Syaoran Li, a decedent of Clow Reed who is also a Card Captor. One of the most unique aspects of this series is the way that it handles unconventional relationships, and unconventional feelings. For example, there is never a big deal made about a young male character having an innocent crush on an older male character, it i ...more
Lux Doesn't Use Goodreads Anymore
Read from the Dark Horse omnibus editions. Added separately for the sake of my reading challenge.
Jerry
Oct 05, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A Quickie Review

The artwork was impressive and rather cute...but the story was inane and confusing. Manga and comic book fans can do much better.
Jenny
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't know how I feel about all the older guy younger girl relationships going on but I like the Toya/Yuki scenes though
Nushrika
Ahh as much I love the series. This book had too much pedophilia. 4th grader in a relationship with a teacher??? I don't remember seeing that in the anime. I did love how everyone was basically gay in this volume lol especially Li being extra shy around Yukito!
Kati
Dec 24, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have so much love for this manga, insane love! For real. I know that the whole card catching part is quite silly but the awesome characters make up for it. And all the slash vibes too, of course. Toya loves Yukito, Yukito loves Toya, Tomoyo loves Sakura... It's so cute! And the way Shaolan blushes every time Yukito smiles at him! And then there's the quite touching relationship that Toya and Sakura have, how they bicker and insult each other, but God forbid someone tries to hurt the one or the ...more
Sweet's Family Bookshelves
Also says Rated for all ages. Daughter seems to enjoy this series.
Priscilla
A bit less entertaining than the first one but still fun!
Kanomi Okina
LOVED SAKURA! Can't wait to read the next manga!
Jaimie
Oct 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cole Jack
Dec 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So many S relationships.
  • Sailor Moon, #9 (Sailor Moon, #9)
  • Revolutionary Girl Utena, Vol. 2: To Plant

Nekoi Mick 猫井みっく
[born: 21 Jan 1969, Kyōto; bloodtype: O]

Igarashi Satsuki 五十嵐さつき
[born: 8 Feb 1969, Kyōto; bloodtype: A]

CLAMP originally began in 1989 as a twelve-member dōjinshi circle, but by 1990, the circle had diminished from twelve to seven. Of the remaining seven, Tamayo Akiya
More about CLAMP...

Cardcaptor Sakura (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 1 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #1)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 3 (Cardcaptor Sakura #3)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 4 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #4)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 5 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #5)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 6 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #6)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 1 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #7)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 2 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #8)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 3 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #9)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 4 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #10)
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 5 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #11)