Start by marking “Rey Mysterio: Behind the Mask” as Want to Read:
Rey Mysterio: Behind the Mask

Rey Mysterio: Behind the Mask

3.74  ·  Rating details ·  243 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
He's called the human highlight reel of professional wrestling. His high-flying acrobatics have thrilled fans on every continent. He's been crowned champion of the world's greatest wrestling promotions, from Mexico to the U.S. But he's never revealed the inside story of who he is.

Until now.

Wrestling fans know him as Rey Mysterio, an American luchador of unparalleled ta
Published November 3rd 2009 by Pocket Books (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Rey Mysterio, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rey Mysterio

Brandon
Big fan of wrestling biographies but becoming less and less of a fan of WWE produced biographies. Seems like they just phone it in now. The layout was strange as it was separated into blurbs and short sections. I felt like I learned very little about Rey's career and life.
Paul Schoenberg
This is about a man named Rey Mysterio who is of Mexican descent and was born to be a pro wrestler. He started out in lucha libre in Mexico where he excelled immensely after years and years of training he became a professional wwe wrestler. Rey was thought out to be an underdog because of his small size but he was able to overcome this controversy and achieve greatness. This a great underdog journey of a pro wrestler I am fan of underdogs coming through if you feel the same way grab yourself a c ...more
Gil Bradshaw
Jun 15, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Hello Rey Mysterio, Allow me to introduce you to an important person called an editor. Please get to know him a little bit better.
Grace
Feb 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wrestling
This book made me love him even more. He is so positive and reading about his entire career made me realise just how much he has actually accomplished.
Simon Yoong
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not a fan of this guy, but this book was much better than expected.
Jamil Labaky
Nov 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In this book,Rey Mysterio Jr.talks about how he started wrestling at the age of 8 until his successful WWE run.As a child,he started wrestling with his uncle who trained him and was also called Rey Mysterio.His uncle was very famous in mexico.Rey Jr. Later talks how he made it to AAA and Tijuana.It was a hard battle to the top but his hyflying style made him a fan favourite all around the world and among other wrestler friends and bosses.His name Rey Mysterio means King of mystery.He is kind of ...more
Simon Dong
Sep 05, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 11th-grade
A little background on this book. It is basically about a wrestler of Mexican decent who decides to get into the wrestling career but is smaller than the other guys that do the same thing. He defies all the odds to make it in the wrestling show business by capturing wrestling championships of almost every kind and making it to the biggest wrestling events that are hosted.

I like this book because it takes about how an underdog defies all the odds and still makes it big. I understood that size doe
Victor Orozco
Nov 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not a bad read. I have to admit Rey does seem a bit too simplistic in his details. Even he gets things wrong such as the date of a particular event. But he is a really cool guy and very good story teller. He's just not much of a writer.

I like how talks about his family as well as some of his relationship with various people, his wife, his uncle who let him use the Rey Misterio name. I like how he's very humble and grounded. I like how he talked about his friends such as Eddie. Total respect with
Russell Smith
Not the best wrestling biography I've read, by a long shot, but certainly not the worst either.

My main gripe with this book is that, as a keen Mysterio fan and long-time close follower of his career, I felt like I didn't really learn anything through reading this, other than the few occasions when he decided to delve a bit more into his personal life and key experiences from his time on the road.

Still a good read though and well worth checking out if you're a fan.
Jabari Terry
May 03, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rey mysterio is a mexican wrestler that when he was young he wanted to become a wrestler and he did, but he took small steps from the advice of his father on going to mexican wrestling and later in his years of wrestling in Mexico now a professional wrestler in the World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE).
Jolisa
I cant wait to read this book. I'm a huge fan of wrestling and especially REY MYSTERIO.Even though he is slient he can make abig impact in wrestling.GO REY!
taylor
i love rey mysterio
Cj
Aug 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An interesting look into the wrestling career of Rey Mysterio.
Wade, Rosario, and Marco
Wade read this one and really liked it.
Eloy
May 27, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love wrestling and this book gave good behind the scene stuff.
Matt
I have been a fan of Rey Mysterio since he started his career in the United States wrestling and it was good to get to know the man behind the wrestler a little bit.
Youraj 11-12
  • Cheating Death, Stealing Life: The Eddie Guerrero Story
  • The Road Warriors: Danger, Death, and the Rush of Wrestling
  • The Unauthorized History of DX
  • The Hardy Boyz: Exist 2 Inspire
  • Batista Unleashed (Wwe)
  • The Stone Cold Truth