Start by marking “Arthur Lee: Alone Again Or” as Want to Read:
Arthur Lee: Alone Again Or

Arthur Lee: Alone Again Or

3.44  ·  Rating details ·  39 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
ARTHUR LEE and the band he fronted, Love, are widely acknowledged to be one of the most influential groups of the late '60s and their psychedelic-folk masterpiece, Forever Changes, regularly appears high in polls of the greatest albums of all time.
Published January 10th 2003 by Canongate U.S. (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Arthur Lee, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Arthur Lee

Karl
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Being a huge fan of the band Love it was quite nice to read about the bands struggles and label politics that took place and what resulted in the bands dissolution. I had always wondered about Arthur Lee's run ins with the law that got him jailed under California's three strikes rule.

The Love album "Forever Changes" has been one of my all time favorites for many years and it was just too bad that the pinnacle of that creation could never be re-created. The complete CD can be found here on Youtub
Vaughan
Jul 22, 2008 rated it really liked it
Arthur Lee is...an enigma, to say the least, and Barney Hoskyns is one of the few rock writers worth a damn. A fascinating look at a fascinating musician. The sign of a great book: I wish this was much longer as I wanted to keep reading. Maybe one day BH will expand this into a full length (this is only 100 something pages.)
Benjamin Fry
May 19, 2013 rated it liked it
A rather brief biography of Arthur Lee one of the most enigmatic musicians of the 60's. The author does well to bring to life the turbulent history of one the most underrated bands of the era in the small amount of space the book offers.

That said, it felt at times that I was reading an extended article in magazine rather than a monograph.
Chad
Jan 27, 2010 rated it liked it
Nice history of Arthur Lee. For lovers only.
Darran Mclaughlin
Jul 27, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: american, biography, music
I bit too short and insubstantial. I would have preferred something a bit meatier.
David
Dec 01, 2008 rated it really liked it
Beautiful, sad. The best book Im aware of about the incomparable Arthur Lee. The story of the true Love years is riveting. Like many of the best rock books, this one is written by an Englishman.
Stephanie Soltes
Jul 03, 2017
Prince Jhonny
Jun 22, 2011
Martin
Oct 10, 2016
Suzanne
Feb 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Sketchy, flimsy & insubstantial, more of a booklet.
« previous 1 3 4 next »