Start by marking “Lost Tales Of Ga'Hoole (Guardians Of Ga'hoole)” as Want to Read:
Lost Tales Of Ga'Hoole (Guardians Of Ga'hoole)

Lost Tales Of Ga'Hoole

(Guardians of Ga'Hoole Companion Book #2)

The second companion book to the New York Times bestselling series, the LOST TALES reveals never-before-told stories of the Great Tree!

Guided by the Knower, Otulissa has studied long in the libraries of the Others; she has probed the ancient lore of the strange and powerful dire wolves of the Beyond. And at the Great Ga'Hoole tree itself she has uncovered
Mass Market Paperback, 192 pages
Published May 1st 2010 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Lost Tales Of Ga'Hoole, please sign up.
Sofia in real life, nobody knows. it might be a fake made up land, or it could be a remake of a place in real life. i acualy really want to know too. try…morein real life, nobody knows. it might be a fake made up land, or it could be a remake of a place in real life. i acualy really want to know too. try googling it or watch fan theorie vids. if u r asking the setting in the book, its in the great tree/ beyond. check map in the front.(less)

Steven R. McEvoy
May 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Reading a book by Kathryn Lasky has long been on my list of things to do. But because she mainly writes series and some of them are long, I had not started yet because I did not want to get sucked in. When this collection of short stories became available I pounced at the opportunity. I was not disappointed. This collection of stories shows a breadth and depth of life in the Owl world created by Lasky. The stories in this collection are:

The Snowy Sisters
Fritha's Painted Past ...more
Luke Farr
May 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Likely this was the most charming way possible to end such a long and enjoyable book series. Delving into the past of a selection of side characters helped to round out the world of Ga'Hoole, and offer a certain amount of closure to readers missing the books after the end of the series. I cannot recommend this book enough to Ga'Hoole fans.
Peter.b
Oct 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pre-7th-grade
This is a special edition book for the Guardians of Ga'hoole and the writer of the book is lead by a girl owl who is about to be a mother, called Otulissa, who is telling stories about different owls of the Great Tree who told it themselves. The last story of the book was not told or written by Otulissa, but by her mate, Cleve, who told of the story of his lost brother and how he died. This is a nice special edition book because it tell stories of other owls in one book for the first time.
Willis
Nov 27, 2011 rated it liked it
I've read the whole Ga'Hoole series (there are 15 of them) in order to know what my 10 year old daughter is reading. She loves them and they are great for kids. There is fighting and death among the owl characters so you probably wouldn't want a child that is too young reading them. This is a collection of stories based on different characters in the series. You'll like this book if you love the series because it fills in more details on some of the characters. It doesn't really fit in with the ...more
Romke
Feb 02, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: own
Basically, after the first three installments of the Guardians series, every new books has been pretty much the same as the rest: bad owls gather, good owls find out way too late, epic batle where good owls are outnumbered but better fighters, they win.

The Lost Tales is a bit special in that it doesn't continue the overall Guardians storyline much, but consists of six individual stories relating mostly to some exploit of a secondary character. So no epic battles, but for the rest it
Angela Solon
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Pllouck sister's were my favorite 😁
Twyla
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Angela
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
The first & last stories were especially good. I loved the epilogue at the end 😊
Cara
I'm so sad to see this wonderful series end!

I thought this was a nice collaboration of stories to fill in some of the gaps about characters that we met in the main series.
I have to say my favorites were tie between Tavis and Cletus' stories and Braithe's. (view spoiler) ...more
Mary
May 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: vero
I loved the book! The stories detailed in this book are barely scratching the surface of the many secrets hidden inside the owls of Ga'Hoole. I think that these stories may be made into something more in another special book (not of the current series). These hidden tales tell of Madame Plonk's relationship with the Rogue Smith of Silverveil, Twilight's hero brothers, and Uglamore's tracking Coryn on his journey. I greatly recommend this book to owl lovers and, of course, GoG'H lovers.
Tycjan Wisniewski
May 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Amazing to find out how the side-characters find their place in this wonderful story universe.

With small stories (about 30 pages per character) it won't tire, it's feels like quick summaries of big stories!

Honestly, some of these stories are richer then some books in this series *cough cough The Shattering Cough Cough* and feel completely compatible with the main book series.

If you liked the rest of the Ga'Hoole series, you'll love this one.
Jacqueline Nieto
May 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
"Guardians of Ga'hoole" is a book that tells the story of the guardians of the Great Ga'Hoole Tree. The guardians of the great tree are owls, and the story of the lives they lived before becoming guardians is told by the tree's young historian named Otulissa. I believe this book would be best suited for young readers at the age of nine and older. I really enjoyed the sense of adventure this book invokes in its readers.
Annika
Aug 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book because you get an insight on some of the characters at the great tree. The book was quite fasinating as it cleared up some things about the owls' pasts. 5 star rating, of course!
Gisele
Nov 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
I love this book and the fascination in owls. This book left me in so many emotions, sad, happy... One of tales made me cry it was humiliating because I was reading it in class:O next one made me... Just read it yourself you won't regret it!!!!!!! :D

Carina
Oct 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is an awsome book of Guardians of Ga'hoole short storie, and they realy connect to the main books. I like how Otulissa narrates the book and how she always interupts Cleve, her mate. I do recamend this book, but you should probably read the main seris first.
Judy
Oct 27, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, children-s
A few short stories about Ga'Hoole characters.
Barbara
Feb 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Has some nice stories about secondary characters, but is mostly unnecessary.
Elise
Jul 27, 2010 rated it really liked it
I liked this one because of it's new stories of some of my favorite characters, like Twilight's brothers and others.
Eliana
Feb 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I read these book in second and third grade! I absolutely loved them. They inspired my love for reading, writing, and raptors!
Enisi
Sep 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Good
Spencer Murphy
Sep 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is a must read. It was very exciting, and I sat at the edge of my chair while reading. Loved the book.
Rahul
Aug 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Andreas
May 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great Book
Luis
Oct 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Yeah.... Kind of read the entire series in elementary school... Don't recommend it unless you like really short books about owls.
Beka
May 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Each chapter is a peek into a little known, but much loved character from the series. A definite must read.
Mckenzie 11-12
Oct 12, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
this book was ok it wasnt the best but i love owls!
Stefanie Stokes
Feb 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned, animals
I loved reading more about some of the lesser known characters and hearing the motivations behind the ones we do know.
Darren
Aug 05, 2010 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: 1
Recommended to Darren by: Linda Stewart
Interesting to get more info on some of the characters. My favorite is the one about Braithe's heritage. Now I'll have to start Wolves of the Beyond.
Jay
Jan 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I AM OBSESSED WITH THIS SERIES! I'm SO sad that I'm done with it!
Natalie
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love the style of this, because it's like 6 different story kind of things and it makes it REALLY fun to read! I definitely recommend this book!

• The War of the Ember (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #15)
  • Forest of Wolves (Seekers: Return to the Wild, #4)

Guardians of Ga'Hoole Companion Book (2 books)
  • Guide Book To The Great Tree (Guardians Of Ga'hoole)